Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Thats brilliant, I never knew that. Thanks Kiwinow - thats why we need you in Hervey Bay asap!

We'll be staying with my brother in Urangan for a while until we get jobs but I don't suppose the electricity bill covers ambo cover for "guests" like us in the house, does it? It must just cover the bill payer and partner & children, I would assume?

Sorry to fire questions at you - I'm sure I can look it all up on arrival and get my brother to ring the electricity company.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Good point. No idea of the answer, however.
Enjoy HB.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

val-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jojo and Andy
Hello Newbies and welcome to the Hervey Bay thread.

We've been here since Jan (renting in Eli Waters) and more than happy. Everyone is really friendly and make you feel very welcome.

Not sure why Eli Waters is cheap we've not been flooded and survived the rain from cyclone Hamish - and lots of people have said watch out for sand flies but we've not had any here. I suppose it depends where abouts you are.

Bye for now. Jojo xx
Hello again and thanks for the advice and warm welcome. Have just booked to come to HB the first 2 weeks in June. Can't wait. Will definitely be checking out Hoolihan's! Have been looking at your weather up there and I'm jealous - wet and miserable in Sydney today. Any over 50's out there? Or anyone looking for a surrogate grandma?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Hey val-phil

see you in Hervey Bay in June hopefully

My mum is coming from the UK to stay in HB for 3 months this year and hopefully longer next year and shes 59 and definitely looking to meet people about her age. We're hoping she likes HB so much that she'll move over forever!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All - Just to update following our pre-grant letter on March 10th and the latest changes a couple of weeks ago and the cutting of numbers we were a little afraid to wait til end of june for our offshore trip to enable grant of our visa. We had been told that although as things currently stood we were ok but more changes to visa numbers or priorities or even to rules could effect us and prevent grant.

We panic'd a little and booked another trip offshore and today here in New Zealand we got our grant letter for our 175 visa.

Its finally all over .... the fat lady has sung.

Safin
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

hey how cool is that does that mean you neither have bothered going to NZ after all, well your there now so get off the computer and go and explore. See you all on your return

Mr Isle
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isle
hey how cool is that does that mean you neither have bothered going to NZ after all, well your there now so get off the computer and go and explore. See you all on your return

Mr Isle
Yes we did need to come, wouldn't have given us it unless we left OZ. Been exploring, kids in bed so nothing better to do (shared room)!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

clothmama will become famous soon enough

Already said so on FB but congrats Safin!!!

Cookster, Mrs Isle, and Jojo could you guys please text me as I have been having huge mobile problems and the phone I'm now using hasn't got any of my numbers in itI'm off from uni the next 2 weeks, although I have 2 weeks work to catch up on, the week back to prepare for and 2 assignments due the first week back, so not exactly the fun party holidays I'd hoped for but we'd love to do something, see you guys and catch up!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

scamp1976 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=ray2gill;6066391]
Originally Posted by Pagani-Rennox

"Hervey Bay is full of tourists, old people and bogans"

Quite clearly these people have not been there recently. Hervey Bay is full of young families.
I'd rather have tourists, old people and bogans than 'young families'.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 12:55 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Safin
Hi All - Just to update following our pre-grant letter on March 10th and the latest changes a couple of weeks ago and the cutting of numbers we were a little afraid to wait til end of june for our offshore trip to enable grant of our visa. We had been told that although as things currently stood we were ok but more changes to visa numbers or priorities or even to rules could effect us and prevent grant.

We panic'd a little and booked another trip offshore and today here in New Zealand we got our grant letter for our 175 visa.

Safin

Congratulations Safin to you and the family - finally! Enjoy NZ.
G.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Safin

Safin
Yeh!!!

I still have my walking buddy.

See you soon, enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Mrs Isle
Old Apr 4th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clothmama
Already said so on FB but congrats Safin!!!

Cookster, Mrs Isle, and Jojo could you guys please text me as I have been having huge mobile problems and the phone I'm now using hasn't got any of my numbers in itI'm off from uni the next 2 weeks, although I have 2 weeks work to catch up on, the week back to prepare for and 2 assignments due the first week back, so not exactly the fun party holidays I'd hoped for but we'd love to do something, see you guys and catch up!
Hi.

I sent you my number this morning, hope you received it ok.

Been really quiet without you.

Mrs Isle
Old Apr 4th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by val-phil
Hello again and thanks for the advice and warm welcome. Have just booked to come to HB the first 2 weeks in June. Can't wait. Will definitely be checking out Hoolihan's! Have been looking at your weather up there and I'm jealous - wet and miserable in Sydney today. Any over 50's out there? Or anyone looking for a surrogate grandma?
Hi

My grandma did my shopping, cooking, washing & ironing, so if you want to be my grandma then I am looking forward to meeting you.... lol.

No seriously we are a great bunch, a good mixture of ages and we even have our own Victor Meldrew ( Hi Ray)

Yes the weather is good here. certainly better than the UK.

See you before you know it.

Mrs Isle
Old Apr 4th 2009, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

val-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by isle
Hi

My grandma did my shopping, cooking, washing & ironing, so if you want to be my grandma then I am looking forward to meeting you.... lol.

No seriously we are a great bunch, a good mixture of ages and we even have our own Victor Meldrew ( Hi Ray)

Yes the weather is good here. certainly better than the UK.

See you before you know it.

Mrs Isle
I do my granddaughter's ironing as well but she's only 2 so I can't tell her to do it herself yet!!

Think Phil will get on famously with Ray - Is Hervey Bay big enough for TWO Victor Meldrews?

Val
Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by val-phil
I do my granddaughter's ironing as well but she's only 2 so I can't tell her to do it herself yet!!

Think Phil will get on famously with Ray - Is Hervey Bay big enough for TWO Victor Meldrews?

Val
I don`t believe it !!!! Oh come one someone was bound to say it sooner or later!!!!!

Good to catch up this morning over brecky, shame I didnt make the swim.
Mandy, hope you cleaned that BBQ properly with your kitchen roll!!!

Angela

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.