Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:17 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Population surge predicted for Hervey Bay

Apparently there was an article in the Australian about a week ago where Hervey Bay was predicted to become the fastest growing city in Australia.

By 20026 the population will have doubled to 102,000 people.
In 2006 there were approx 51,000 residents and has been growing by about five percent a year, which is about 2,500 people.

Hervey Bay is currently Australia's 29th largest city and by 2026 is predicted to be the 24th largest.

Is this good news or bad what do you think?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:49 am
Just Joined

wasandy is an unknown quantity at this point

I came out to Hervey Bay from the UK 6 years ago with my two daughters who were 11 and 12 years old. They and I have had a wonderful time. Love the Bay, and the people. Lot's of very young families, and the infa structure is growing. Plenty of back packers, and main stream tourists, which livens the place up. Whale watching in October is a hoot even for the locals! Certainly a target rich environment for social workers in Maryborough (Wouldn't want to live there). And the fishing, although apparently not as good as it was, is pretty fantastic. Good schools too.
Andy
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

I personally are looking forward to it i know we came here for its peacefulness and laid back life style but these towns all up the coast line only grow.It will bring more jobs more shops and more opportunities for our childrens future and yes I'm sure more crime so enjoy while you can.

mr isle
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

We are off out tonight for dinner, anyone got any ideas for 'cheap Tuesday's'.

minibelle
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

missdaisymay will become famous soon enough

I hear the Kondari at urangan has a great new menu, and quite budget minded. My alltime FAVOURITE place to dine on the Bay is at Cafe Bellina down at the Marina. sitting on the boardwalk watching the sun set, and all the yummy food. Haven't been disappointed with a meal there yet.

Enjoy your night out and happy st patricks day to all our irish friends!

Cheers

Donna.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:21 am
Just Joined

wasandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hooligan's is always fun on St P's day
Andy
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Thanks guys, ended up with KFC and the cinema (my OH choice), we will go to the marina on friday night

minibelle
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wasandy View Post
Hooligan's is always fun on St P's day
Andy
It was certainly `fun` last night. My husband and his mate, who`s birthday it was were up doing the Irish jig at one point!!!! Not a pretty sight!!!

Angela
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by minibelle View Post
Thanks guys, ended up with KFC and the cinema (my OH choice), we will go to the marina on friday night

minibelle
We will be down the marina tomorrow night too for sundowners on the boat!!!
Angela
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cookster View Post
We will be down the marina tomorrow night too for sundowners on the boat!!!
Angela
Lets hope the weather clears up for you, its cloudy here in Maryboring

minibelle
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey, anyone coming down Hoolies tomorrow for a beer or two?

Angela
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Jojo and Andy will become famous soon enoughJojo and Andy will become famous soon enough

I think it would be very rude not to!! Seen asthough there will be some newbies to meet and greet!!!
See you tomoz.... Jojo xx
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Will try but got kids soccer etc....... You bringing kids Jojo?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Cookster View Post
Hey, anyone coming down Hoolies tomorrow for a beer or two?

Angela
Hi

Try keep Nigel away, oh OK and me, but booze free for me.

What time, do I need to bring a spare blouse!!!!

Mrs Isle
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jojo and Andy View Post
I think it would be very rude not to!! Seen asthough there will be some newbies to meet and greet!!!
See you tomoz.... Jojo xx
YAY!!!!! Newbies......WOOHOO!!!!

You'll spot the bags under our eyes before you see us!!!
We might get there early and have a quick snooze before you all turn up!

We'll be at the soccer on Saturday too, as we went and met the guy that runs it today (Phil Rimmer), hubby has been in touch with him for awhile.

Everyone that we have met has been so nice. We are loving it so far.

Tracy & Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.