Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lil Lis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Happy Birthday Lil Lis.
Good to know you are at Harcourts and we'll definitely be in to see you at some stage. Are properties moving much in HB? Seems like some properties have been up on realestate.co. for ages.
As we're coming over with a dog and two cats (maybe one - still negotiating) and we're arriving from NZ (no quarantine) Dave is planning to go over first and sort out a place to rent and (please God) a job. As we've never rented before we don't have references, but we're hoping that won't matter too much.

Anyway, assuming we sell our house for what we want and preferably before Chirstmas, Dave will go in Nov/Dec and the rest of us will be out mid-Jan. It will be good to meet you all at some stage.
Hey no worries..will be looking forward to you coming in. The sales side of things are starting to move a little bit now expecially for the cheaper priced homes. But like anyone says its a buyers market at the moment & I am sure you will find a really good buy once you decide on where you want to buy!
Good luck with selling your own property!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

missdaisymay will become famous soon enough

Hi Angela,

Was your hubby sailing on the weekend? My son works as a channel 7 news cameraman and i believe he was doing some filming on the boats on the weekend. By chance would your hubby have seen him?

Cheers

Donna.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by missdaisymay
Hi Angela,

Was your hubby sailing on the weekend? My son works as a channel 7 news cameraman and i believe he was doing some filming on the boats on the weekend. By chance would your hubby have seen him?

Cheers

Donna.
Morning Donna,
yes Steve was sailing. On a cat called Little Bear. Didnt win though!!!!!!!

Angela
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lil Lis
Hey no worries..will be looking forward to you coming in. The sales side of things are starting to move a little bit now expecially for the cheaper priced homes. But like anyone says its a buyers market at the moment & I am sure you will find a really good buy once you decide on where you want to buy!
Good luck with selling your own property!
Hey Lil Lis I think I may have meet your brother a few months ago - unless there are several poms in his office. - came to value our rental. Did he retrain out here as a real estate agent?

Is the 500,000 stamp duty / mortage relief for first time buyers thing making much difference in the 350-500 range of houses. We're actually hoping they struggle for a few more months til we are ready to buy.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Lil Lis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Safin
Hey Lil Lis I think I may have meet your brother a few months ago - unless there are several poms in his office. - came to value our rental. Did he retrain out here as a real estate agent?

Is the 500,000 stamp duty / mortage relief for first time buyers thing making much difference in the 350-500 range of houses. We're actually hoping they struggle for a few more months til we are ready to buy.
No Damian is not my brother I work with him at Harcourts. He is in the Project Marketing division of the company.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

oops Sorry. What on earth is project marketing? is that sales?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Safin, it's my brother that works for Harcourts and mayhave valued your rental property. Not sure if it was him or not, he was an estate agent for years in the UK before coming to Oz, so didn't train in Oz.

Talking of rentals, Lil Lis what sort of property can you get for $250 a week rent these days? My brother was renting a lovely 3 bed house in Urangan for $250 a week about 18 months ago but now when I look on real estate websites it seems the going rate for a decent, modernised 3 bed house has gone up.

$250 was kind of the weekly rental budget we had in mind, especially as we won't have jobs when we arrive. Am I being unrealistic expecting a 3 bedroom place for that?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry, Safin, meant to say that I think project marketing is marketing all the new building projects that haven't even been built yet. My brother tries to sell them before they're even built.
So he's no help with advice on renting in the Bay, not sure if Lil Lis works in rentals or sales but need some advice on how far $250 a week will get me! XX
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Morning,
we rented last year in Torquay. Paid $270 for a four bedroomed house with a lovely garden. Don`t forget you get a Centrelink rent reduction, everyone gets that. It brought it down to $240 a week.
Angela
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cookster
Morning,
we rented last year in Torquay. Paid $270 for a four bedroomed house with a lovely garden. Don`t forget you get a Centrelink rent reduction, everyone gets that. It brought it down to $240 a week.
Angela
Hey Angela

How does that work, I just googled it and it says its for government paid rent. Is it really for everyone no matter what visa you're on?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Hi all

Angela looking forward to hearing your reply to the rent question.

Well my boxes get collected tomorrow and we are leaving here on Sunday to go and see family before flying on the 8th, I am not excited or nervous, did anyone else feel like this?. Maybe when it comes to saying goodbye to family it will sink in, who knows.

I love logging on here to see what your all up to in the Bay, I think we will all be joining AA at the rate you lot drink lol.

One for the ladies: I normally treat myself to a pair of leather high heeled boots with my birthday money but would I actually wear them in oz.

Mrs Isle
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

ref rent rebate, everyone I have spoken to gets it so I suppose it must be everyone. When I applied for it I dont remember them asking what visa we were on.

Mandy, high heeled boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think I posess a pair of closed in shoes............................ Oh maybe a pair of dust covered trainers, somewhere.

I bought my daughter a pair and she is never out of them, mind you
she is only 15 and a fashion victim!!!!!

Save your money and buy yourself a nice pair of thongs. (Thats the kind you have on your feet)

Ps burnt myself to a cinder today having lunch with Safin!!!

Angela
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Cookster
Hi,

ref rent rebate, everyone I have spoken to gets it so I suppose it must be everyone. When I applied for it I dont remember them asking what visa we were on.

Mandy, high heeled boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think I posess a pair of closed in shoes............................ Oh maybe a pair of dust covered trainers, somewhere.

I bought my daughter a pair and she is never out of them, mind you
she is only 15 and a fashion victim!!!!!

Save your money and buy yourself a nice pair of thongs. (Thats the kind you have on your feet)

Ps burnt myself to a cinder today having lunch with Safin!!!

Angela
Morning

But what do you wear if it rains, I am thinking about when I get a job,
( positive thinking, not if )

Yes but did the lunch include more booze.

Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isle
Morning

But what do you wear if it rains, I am thinking about when I get a job,
( positive thinking, not if )

Yes but did the lunch include more booze.

Mandy
Seems obvious to me ....WELLYTHONGS !!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Seems obvious to me ....WELLYTHONGS !!
Now why did I not think of those, do you think I could get a pair in NEXT.

Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.