Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone got any good or bad post about nz living,working,property,or whatever,sheep

anyone got any good or bad post about nz living,working,property,or whatever,sheep

Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

matthewsavin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone got any good or bad post about nz living,working,property,or whatever,sheep

just about to start visa but only 80 percent sure hoping togo there 1-2 months nice to here from people
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:44 am
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone got any good or bad post about nz living,working,property,or whatever,sheep

Originally posted by matthewsavin
just about to start visa but only 80 percent sure hoping togo there 1-2 months nice to here from people
Matthew, try www.*****.co.uk if you havent already, it may help fill in this 20% doubt you have This site is good but can be over taken by the WallabieWannabies sometimes.

Do you have a job offer then? Where are you going?

Rob
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: anyone got any good or bad post about nz living,working,property,or whatever,sheep

I am a pom living in Auckland and about to leave for Adelaide... ask me any question you like and i will answer.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by robernelli
Matthew, try www.*****.co.uk if you havent already, it may help fill in this 20% doubt you have This site is good but can be over taken by the WallabieWannabies sometimes.

Do you have a job offer then? Where are you going?

Rob
hello rob
haven't got a job offer i'm a carpet and wood fitter
going out there soon to look around differant areas.
ie:cantabury,wellingto,bay of islands
then we will try to dicide if we wont to go foward with the visa and move there
we have been fed up with england way of life and the piss takes of the country but love our familly and friends
we know not always brighter on othor side but might be worth a chance.
anyway babbling on to much about s##t
matt
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by podgypossum
I am a pom living in Auckland and about to leave for Adelaide... ask me any question you like and i will answer.
why u leaving then
dont u like it
or is it that the kiwees got no sense off humer
Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

why u leaving then
dont u like it
or is it that the kiwees got no sense off humer
LOL Matthew.. i dare not answer the humour question...i'm married to a kiwi!!!

The reason we are leaving is because my husband has been offered a better paying job in Adelaide.

Our main reason for leaving is better wages in Aus.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by podgypossum
LOL Matthew.. i dare not answer the humour question...i'm married to a kiwi!!!

The reason we are leaving is because my husband has been offered a better paying job in Adelaide.

Our main reason for leaving is better wages in Aus.
only joking about the kiwi thing
glad to hear about your wages
hope mine will be good there keep hearing how the money is bad
i get paid well here for my trade
matt
Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Copperben is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes the wages are poor - but don't let that put you off - I am earning enough (though I wouldn't get out of bed for it at home if I put into pounds) and I am living a good lifestyle - better than I was in England.

As long as you don't convert into pounds all the time I have generally found things cheaper.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Copperben
Yes the wages are poor - but don't let that put you off - I am earning enough (though I wouldn't get out of bed for it at home if I put into pounds) and I am living a good lifestyle - better than I was in England.

As long as you don't convert into pounds all the time I have generally found things cheaper.
what do ya do for a living mate
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Insurance and admin
Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:52 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Croydon

I found Auckland a bit like Croydon with a quayside. Auckland was one of the most uninspiring cities I have ever been to. The surrounding countryside was nice enough. At least in Croydon London was 30 mins one way and cheap flights to Europe and America from gatwick were 30 mins the other way.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Come on its not that bad - I lived in worse cities - at the moment the sun is shining on the harbour and it is sparkling blue - what more could you want!

Better view out of my window than I had in England!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 12:17 am

Come on its not that bad - I lived in worse cities - at the moment the sun is shining on the harbour and it is sparkling blue - what more could you want!

Better view out of my window than I had in England!
As I said surrounding countryside was nice but Auckland centre is a mass of concrete. The rest is a sprawling suburbia linked by jammed motorways. Come to think of it some of the countryside near Croydon was nice.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

But what cities aren't a mass of concrete??? Apart from Christchurch that is, which resembles more of a town than a city.

Yes agree with you on the motorways - I don't ever use them to get around town - and Auckland is very spread out could do with better public transport too.

But there are many parks, along with the volcanoes - I think it is quite a green city??

I found Wellington to be alot more opressive - very cramped and lots of tall buildings = but the surrounding areas of Welly are gorgeous.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 12:47 am

But what cities aren't a mass of concrete??? Apart from Christchurch that is, which resembles more of a town than a city.

Yes agree with you on the motorways - I don't ever use them to get around town - and Auckland is very spread out could do with better public transport too.

But there are many parks, along with the volcanoes - I think it is quite a green city??

I found Wellington to be alot more opressive - very cramped and lots of tall buildings = but the surrounding areas of Welly are gorgeous.
I like a mix of building materials. Sydneys archictecture is not that great either but the sandstone has a warmth to it and the new buildings are not all concrete on the exterior. It is not that there are tall buldings it is the uninspiring nature of them. I am a city person but Auckland struck me as a suburb of a major city rather than a major city.

The reason Auckland is green is all the rain. I have not been elsewhere in NZ so my comparisons are with other major cities around the world. The parks are good and something Sydneys inner west seems to have forgotten about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.