Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone gone to aussie without a job ???

anyone gone to aussie without a job ???

Old Jan 14th 2010, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone gone to aussie without a job ???

works for them in the uk ...have sent cv to them. hears hoping..
had a telephone interview last week with air new zealand , for job in marlborough. So fingers crossed.

thanks for that
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

sigourner is on a distinguished road

I would avoid coming over here just before or just after Christmas (by that I mean from November onwards and before Australia day). I've been here trying to find a job (in IT it might be different for other people) and around these times things slow right down on the job market, it could be good to be out here if you have the money to survive and get settled before you start looking for a job but otherwise it's really frustrating looking for a job when there are none suitable going around.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:42 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rackcatt
great advice guys, thanks
OH is a aircraft avionics maintainenace engineer have been looking on job sites, but not seeing anything..
anyone now areas that has lots aviation, aerospace sites ?
love the look of adelaide, but have uncle in melbourne, not sure about perth.....will give anywhere a go
Not my area but I deal with these guys:
http://www.aviationaustralia.aero/
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I would reckon 90% of us who are not employer-sponsored have come to aussie without a job.

Buzzy
I reckon even higher . . . 95%
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:21 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simmoman
I would look up BAE and see if they have anything in your line of work.
Do you need citizenship for them? I know someone who was offered a job but couldn't take it as they did not have citizenship.

If so OP, consider ADF reserves.

Cooler
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:13 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

ah i see , a bit like the oil rigs. I would miss my OH too much. lol
AHHH but you know what they say about absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Think of all the great reunions you could have. There is a lot to be said for it - speaking from experience!!!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

sorry to sound stupid, but what is OP ? and ADF reserves ? if we didnt get citizenship , thanks
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

OP - original poster/original post
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:30 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to sound stupid, but what is OP ? and ADF reserves ? if we didnt get citizenship , thanks
ADF = Australian Defence Force (the armed forces)

No worries,
Cooler
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red face Re: anyone gone to aussie without a job ???

many thanks
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
ADF = Australian Defence Force (the armed forces)

No worries,
Cooler
Oh I thought they were asking if they could get into the ADF if they had Citizenship, not what the initials meant
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:00 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived without jobs; my husband set up his own business - something he could not have done in the UK due to the recession. I got a job within 3 weeks of landing and start on the 27th of this month.

Everyone wants a CV and i had 2 ready one for education and another for retail as i was prepared to do anything (within reason!)
J x
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Ms_Fi will become famous soon enough

We came over on November 24th and I was offered a job within 10 days of arriving. Decided not to take that job and carried on job hunting. Had an interview on Tuesday, got offered the job Thursday and I start on Monday! So just short of 8 weeks from landing to starting work.

Better money and conditions that the job I turned down and it works out at £10K more than the same job I was doing in England.

I applied for 17 jobs, had 2 interviews and got offered both jobs - this is in the hotel industry.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:10 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: anyone gone to aussie without a job ???

Arrived without a job; set up my own business; found a client; been working ever since. This all happened in the space of four weeks.

Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I got a job offer 30 seconds into my first interview here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.