Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Gold Coast area

Anyone in Gold Coast area

Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

The_Slates will become famous soon enoughThe_Slates will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone in Gold Coast area

Hi to you all,

Hope you all had a great xmas, ours felt really wierd, being in the sunshine not like back in blighty.

We arrived here in Oz from UK (Surrey) in November and quite liking it at the moment, have just found a rental in Biggera Waters after quite a bit of agro, and need to meet up with people, as feeling a bit lost as don't know anyone at the moment, we have a 17yr old daughter that is really home sick and needs to meet people her own age if possible as well, glad to hear from anyone that can help.:thumbup
Old Dec 30th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone in Gold Coast area

Originally Posted by The_Slates
Hi to you all,

Hope you all had a great xmas, ours felt really wierd, being in the sunshine not like back in blighty.

We arrived here in Oz from UK (Surrey) in November and quite liking it at the moment, have just found a rental in Biggera Waters after quite a bit of agro, and need to meet up with people, as feeling a bit lost as don't know anyone at the moment, we have a 17yr old daughter that is really home sick and needs to meet people her own age if possible as well, glad to hear from anyone that can help.:thumbup

Hi, it was our first hot Christmas too, strange wasn't it, we initially stayed in Biggera and now rent in Varsity Lakes, can't help with your daughter as we have a 10yr old boy, but happy to meet for a drink, coffee shop, lunch etc, need to meet new people ourselves, starting work soon but weekends are free. Let me know if you want to arrange something, (we came from surrey also, which part are you from).

Claire and dave
Old Dec 31st 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

The_Slates will become famous soon enoughThe_Slates will become famous soon enough

Happy to meet up sometime soon, we are from Woking, where abouts are you from? I will pm you our home phone number if you like. Good luck for starting work, what sort of job you got? whats it like at varsity lakes? are you renting or have you bought? We are looking to rent probably in a different area so driving and looking on internet to what areas look good for us, as need to be close to M1 for hubbies work.

Richard & Maria
Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Happy to meet up sometime soon, we are from Woking, where abouts are you from? I will pm you our home phone number if you like. Good luck for starting work, what sort of job you got? whats it like at varsity lakes? are you renting or have you bought? We are looking to rent probably in a different area so driving and looking on internet to what areas look good for us, as need to be close to M1 for hubbies work.

Richard & Maria

Hi, know Woking quite well, we lived in Ashford (middx) and i used to work at St Peters in Chertsey.
I will pm you our home phone.
We stayed in Biggera when we arrived and now rent in Varsity, we heard such good things about the school and our son has settled very well, we hope to buy around here when we have been working long enough.
I work in Childcare and have a job starting in Southport on Mon, husband is an electrician and has got a job starting soon in Robina, so just getting settled.
Where does your husband work?

Claire and Dave
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Hi, there are loads of expats on Gold Coast and they all seem to meet up every few weeks!
Do a search on Soapy - he's the big GC organiser
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Hi, there is a meet this Sunday 4th January if anybody interested. It is being organised by my friend Sarah BE user name Monkeyboysteve, please take a look at the following meet thread for time and place etc" Anyone fancy a meet 4th January"

ALLYSON
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by doub
Hi, there are loads of expats on Gold Coast and they all seem to meet up every few weeks!
Thanks for that I will do a search and find soapy for the GC meet ups
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 9:50 am
Just Joined

melnchris is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, We have also just had our first hot christmas, it was good but also a bit lonely, I have a week off next week if anyone wants to meet for coffee/wine, my husband is working so it'd be great to meet up with someone.
We started out in southport 8 months ago and are now living in burleigh waters, we love it here and would just like to find some friends.
I work in childcare and my husband is a landscaper,
hopefully someones around next week
mel x
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by melnchris
hello, We have also just had our first hot christmas, it was good but also a bit lonely, I have a week off next week if anyone wants to meet for coffee/wine, my husband is working so it'd be great to meet up with someone.
We started out in southport 8 months ago and are now living in burleigh waters, we love it here and would just like to find some friends.
I work in childcare and my husband is a landscaper,
hopefully someones around next week
mel x
Hi, sorry can't meet up next week just starting work on mon, i'm also in childcare where are you working. We are in Varsity so not too far away from you, there is a meet up tomorrow in Ashmore, we may go if we can. If not happy to meet up during an evening or weekend. Do you have children?
Claire
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:55 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't seen him on here for a while, where is he hiding? X
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to you all,

welcome to the Goldie

theres a few meets happening all year round. more people have decided to get involved and have meets all over the coast. theres a meet at least once a month somewhere on the cost.
if you type "gold coat meets" into the search you will find loads of whats been going on.
good luck guys
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:39 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Haven't seen him on here for a while, where is he hiding? X
this computer is broken pal. i get pissed off with it. i can only stay online for a few mins. so its really hard to reply on here.
its about time i got it fixed
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

Hi to you all,

hi there we live just down the road at deepwater point apts beside the grand. our son was 17 when we arrive in feb last year 08 , he went back to school and has had a great 9 months loads of mates now and has definately more confidence. if you want to meet up pm me and we can arrange , i am a nurse and hubby in sales. speak soon sharon x
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
this computer is broken pal. i get pissed off with it. i can only stay online for a few mins. so its really hard to reply on here.
its about time i got it fixed
Bout time !! Bah humbug day was a couple of weeks ago pal
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:57 am
Just Joined

marknhelen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to you all,

Hi The Slates,
We are flying out in the first two weeks of March 09, we have two boys aged 16 and 14 and a 3 yr old little girl. So we will be on our own as soon as we get there but would love to meet up with you guys for a meet and a chat if thats ok. We are at the moment trying to arrange a rental in the palm beach area, dont know how far that is from you or even what the area is like.

Kind Regards

marknhelen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.