British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone going under state territory nominated as a 'motor mechanic'?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-going-under-state-territory-nominated-motor-mechanic-279409/)

paul&ruth Jan 23rd 2005 1:27 pm

anyone going under state territory nominated as a 'motor mechanic'??

hi all,
has anyone put together a visa application and skills assessment under the trade of motor mechanic. my own personal process has proved to be a bit of a nightmare to start of with, getting together info and statements as most things were lost in a house move a while ago. but anyway how much detail did you into if you have done it etc. for eg. pics of actually doing the work for the skill assessment ( would that be a bit overkill). i've even gone as far as asking an old college tutor for syllabus info for the course that i took (gratefully given...although some people just dont want to help...be aware of this just in case you think you will have no problem getting a reference from an old employer,regardless of how good you were at your job!)
i'll be on my final draft copy this week so it WILL be sent off this week.
any help and info would be appreciated people reading this thread, you'd be amazed at how the smallest comment can make the biggest difference.

cheers
paul, ruth & the 2 kids

taylors244 Jan 23rd 2005 9:20 pm

Re: anyone going under state territory nominated as a 'motor mechanic'??

Originally Posted by paul&ruth
hi all,
has anyone put together a visa application and skills assessment under the trade of motor mechanic. my own personal process has proved to be a bit of a nightmare to start of with, getting together info and statements as most things were lost in a house move a while ago. but anyway how much detail did you into if you have done it etc. for eg. pics of actually doing the work for the skill assessment ( would that be a bit overkill). i've even gone as far as asking an old college tutor for syllabus info for the course that i took (gratefully given...although some people just dont want to help...be aware of this just in case you think you will have no problem getting a reference from an old employer,regardless of how good you were at your job!)
any help and info would be appreciated people reading this thread, you'd be amazed at how the smallest comment can make the biggest difference.

cheers
paul, ruth & the 2 kids

hi paul,
i`m applying for skilled independant visa as a motor mechanic. I totally agree what a nightmare, i gave up and have seeked advice from an agent who has pretty much done everything for me.They gave me a long list of info required and it was really hard getting it altogether,(statements from former employers,proof of qualifications etc) then it all has to be certified by a solicitor.It has taken about 3mths to get sorted, but was finally sent to TRA just before xmas. fingers crossed now.
not sure whether this has helped
keith

ShellnTez Jan 24th 2005 8:21 am

we're currently putting our application together for tra as a motor mechanic and it's proving to be rather difficult, the more we seem to think we're getting somewhere then we realise there's just something else we need to include. also my partner has worked for 3 companies in the uk and 4 in australia so we're very busy getting ref together, for the refs from employers,we have just asked them that if we write them out and they agree to what we have written will they put it on letterheaded paper and they've all said they would. at the end of the day it's easier for them if you do it and at least you know that the relevant info will be included,
i'd recommend doing a search on this website and there's loads of info and lots of people who are willing to send you copies of the refs they sent which passed, i know they won't be the same, but it just gives you an idea of what they need, we're also getting together info about his apprenticeship, fortunately the teacher who taught him still works there
i don't know if its me, but there doesn't seem to be many people doing applications as mechanics at the moment, best of luck, shell

coxdebra Feb 6th 2005 5:57 pm

Hi, dont know how further your have got with this, but I am going to apply for State Nominated as a Registered Nurse, hopefully. I know how you feel getting the info together and asking managers for references, its a real pain, having to wait and rely on others. What area are you going to? We are hoping to go to Adelaide - Victor Harbour area, my husband is a joiner and we have two boys aged 8 and 15.

Originally Posted by paul&ruth
hi all,

cheers
paul, ruth & the 2 kids