Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to Perth (or already there)

Anyone going to Perth (or already there)

Old Dec 1st 2003, 10:07 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Anyone going to Perth (or already there)

I am going to Perth on the 17th Jan with my three daughters (4,8 and 9). I would be interested to know if anyone else is heading out there soon, or if there is anyone already there, who would like to meet up and say hi. Being I am going as a single parent, and have no friends or family out there, it would be great to know that I would have someone to talk to somewhere along the line! I will be living in the Rockingham area of Perth.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

hi my wife and i have been over here 4 weeks now and are on our own we would be glad to have a chat with you and your kids pm us when you get here

were also looking to move to the rockingham area

Paul & Ursula
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

annalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant future

Hi,

We're in Geraldton at the moment but often go down to Perth for weekends. I'm going back to England in Jan until Feb 9th but will would be nice to meet up then if you like.

Anna
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 8:10 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

hi my wife and i have been over here 4 weeks now and are on our own we would be glad to have a chat with you and your kids pm us when you get here
Hi, thanks, will PM you when I arrive. You can have a good look at Rockinham and see what you think! Will speak to you soon.

We're in Geraldton at the moment but often go down to Perth for weekends. I'm going back to England in Jan until Feb 9th but will would be nice to meet up then if you like.
Hi, will contact you after you come back from the UK. Geraldton is a long way from Perth, must take you ages to get there?

Thanks!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

just looked at a house in waikikik and have put an application in for it should move in on 12 dec yipeee better than this little flat were in
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:47 am
Wishing on a star...

What a coincidence, an estate agent in the Rockingham area emailed me to say that they have a house to rent in Waikiki at the time I need one. Waikiki is quite nice, as is Rockingham, Safety Bay etc. I havent seen a photo of the house but she says it has 5 beds, diner, family room, lounge, 2 bathrooms, games room, air con, lock up garage fo $180 a week.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going to Perth in 38 days time (sounds less than 6 weeks ) we too are hoping to settle in Rockingham/Port Kennedy areas. Anyone with any advice on primary schools, daycare etc?

Getting increasingly impatient now

Claire
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 10:07 am
Wishing on a star...

I have already enrolled my girls into Rockinham Beach Primary School, they went there previously and its a nice little school. There is a few schools in the area, Rockinham and Port Kennedy are a few miles apart so it depends where you choose to settle. There is a nursery in Rockinham next to the High School but i cant remember what it is called. Has a good reputation I think.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 10:08 am
Wishing on a star...

I cant believe I just typed that and spelt Rockingham incorrectly each time.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 10:08 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

We're hoping to be in Perth in April, probably in the western suburbs area, so could get together then.

Cant wait to get back to a country where all the mail and official forms is in English !!!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 10:14 am
Wishing on a star...

Great, it will be nice to have people to meet and talk to who have all been in the same boat, we can swop tips, share advice etc. And when things get tough, its nice to have someone who might be able to give encouraging words.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hi guys

Well Rockingham seems to be suddenly the place to be hey?

We've been here for about 15 months now, feel free to PM me if you want to meet up when you get here!

love sophia xx

PS, had my best sighting yet of the dolphins off Rocky beach last Friday...pod of 3 about 20 metres off-shore jumping out of the water etc....made my day that did!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by cherry6
I cant believe I just typed that and spelt Rockingham incorrectly each time.

Hi
We are in Port Kennedy

PM if want to meet up.

Yve
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:57 am
Wishing on a star...

Thanks Yve, will do
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

FiFi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone going to Perth (or already there)

Hi Cherry and anyone else in Perth

We - me, pete, Laura (17), Stuart (13) will arrive in Perth on 10/1.. looking south of the river - Shelley, Bulls Creek, Riverton, Willetton area (Rossmoyne high school catchement and bus route for Murdoch)..

No family / friends in area so would Love to meet up with anyone
with / without kids of any age

Please PM me with phone numbers / addresses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.