Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone going July 2006

Anyone going July 2006

Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone going July 2006

Has anyone got July 2006 in their plans for the big move?

Have you booked the flights yet? Do you get cheaper deals booking so far in advance?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anyone going July 2006

Originally Posted by manxfamily

Have you booked the flights yet? Do you get cheaper deals booking so far in advance?
Evening manxfamily! we are hopefully going to Oz next July, still unsure whether to do a rekkie trip to Brisbane and surrounding areas or bite the bullet as they say and move then! Have been looking at flights and can't believe the price for July! 3 adults (our 14 year old will pay adult fare) and 2 kid fares comes to nearly 6 grand! We only paid nearly 4 grand when we went last Christmas, so as you can imagine its going to be very expensive especially as we want to move next autumn anyway!!! Don't know what to do as have never been to Brisbane/gold coast so how do we know we are going to like it!!! God this whole thing is scary especially when you have hormonal teenagers to contend with!!!
Where are you heading next year then???
jox
Old Sep 26th 2005, 6:40 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going July 2006

Yep - July 2006 is when we're aiming to be there - house sale permitting. We booked our flights for our regular Xmas trip earlier this year - we tried to get them a year in advance but that's not possible so we had to wait until about March or April and the flights had popped up on the computer. We just made a note in the diary and the day the flights became available we booked 'em - cost us £500 each, flying Cathay Pacific - out 1st Dec, back 31st Jan.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 6:47 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

we have to be there latest mid June - however we have set ourselves a deadline of end of May. Could be as early as Feb if the house sells this side of Xmas.

From past experience the flights get cheaper in Feb (after Xmas/school hols period) and then around the start of April.

When I travelled in Apr I booked the flights around the Nov before and the Feb flight I don't think were booked until Dec. Some airlines/travel agents do promotions giving deadlines to book, I would suggest you look out for these with the view that you have not missed good prices.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 6:51 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

July or August 2006 are our plans, if the visa arrives in time....
Old Sep 26th 2005, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joanneS
Evening manxfamily! we are hopefully going to Oz next July, still unsure whether to do a rekkie trip to Brisbane and surrounding areas or bite the bullet as they say and move then! Have been looking at flights and can't believe the price for July! 3 adults (our 14 year old will pay adult fare) and 2 kid fares comes to nearly 6 grand! We only paid nearly 4 grand when we went last Christmas, so as you can imagine its going to be very expensive especially as we want to move next autumn anyway!!! Don't know what to do as have never been to Brisbane/gold coast so how do we know we are going to like it!!! God this whole thing is scary especially when you have hormonal teenagers to contend with!!!
Where are you heading next year then???
jox
Hi

£6,000!!!!? Are you buying return tickets. We too are 3 adults (1 15yo) and 2 children, pretty sure we can go for around £500 each.

We also are heading to Brissie and like you we havnt been. Not sure where, but we are looking at the Northern suburbs at the moment. Albany Creek and Sandgate are on our list for look ats.

Have to agree it all seems a bit mad, not having been there. I do hope we all like it!!!

We are waiting to sell our house then its pay the capital investment and visas should follow after about 6 weeks. Just gotta sell that house!!

Good luck keep it touch, who knows we could be on the same flight!!
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anyone going July 2006

HI again
Let me know which airline you can get those cheap flights with!!! What made you choose the above places? Just out of interest as we don't even know where to start looking?? How does your 15 year old feel about the move??
What do you do for a living??
Lots of questions but I'm just been nosey thats all!LOL
definitely keep in touch, when in July are u going?
jox
£6,000!!!!? Are you buying return tickets. We too are 3 adults (1 15yo) and 2 children, pretty sure we can go for around £500 each.

We also are heading to Brissie and like you we havnt been. Not sure where, but we are looking at the Northern suburbs at the moment. Albany Creek and Sandgate are on our list for look ats.

Have to agree it all seems a bit mad, not having been there. I do hope we all like it!!!

We are waiting to sell our house then its pay the capital investment and visas should follow after about 6 weeks. Just gotta sell that house!!

Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

In fact I have that wrong, £500 should get you a return ticket with some airlines, so its going to be somewhat cheaper than that.

Any website offering flight only - expedia, quantas, cheapflights etc. Have a look in the travel pages on the Sunday papers also, lots of deals, and they are return prices! I suspect your £6,000 must be wrong!
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry about the last thread, don't know where my reply has gone! now i'm going to have to type it again!! Let me know where you can get the cheap flights from as I've definitely been quoted around six grand mark for tickets leaving about 21st July.
How does your 15 year old feel about the move??? Its totally mad isn't it. Not sure where to start looking yet? so if you have any ideas on good suburbs let us in on the secrets!!!
What do you do for a living? hubbie is a plumber and I work as a nursery assistant so work and schools are top priority.
Nice talking to you and hopefully speak soon.
jox
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry about the last thread, don't know where my reply has gone! now i'm going to have to type it again!! Let me know where you can get the cheap flights from as I've definitely been quoted around six grand mark for tickets leaving about 21st July.
How does your 15 year old feel about the move??? Its totally mad isn't it. Not sure where to start looking yet? so if you have any ideas on good suburbs let us in on the secrets!!!
What do you do for a living? hubbie is a plumber and I work as a nursery assistant so work and schools are top priority.
Nice talking to you and hopefully speak soon.
jox
our 15 yo cant wait. Yes is crazy. Not sure where to look yet, wait till I get there. We are thinking Northern Suburbs, but there are many questions on suburbs including http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327402 worth a look. Im a graphic designer/pre press operative (printing industry). anything else!!!

Where are you up to on your app? Which visa are you going for?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:26 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hope so...fingers crossed and all that...
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:18 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future

we were hoping to head over around june or july but now sister has announced she is getting married aug 4th so that has delayed us until early aug. i can't wait to book the flights because then no matter what, we will be leaving. we also have a 15 year old daughter who can't wait to go but i am just afraid that the longer we're here then she has longer to change her mind. oh God the stress, the stress.

Sue