Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to the emigration show

Anyone going to the emigration show

Old Oct 4th 2004, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone going to the emigration show

Hi all

We were thinking of going to Sandown, to the emigration show at the weekend, is any one else going or have any of you been before and if you have, do you think it is a useful, worthwhile thing to do?

Thanks Kate
Old Oct 4th 2004, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going to the emigration show

Originally Posted by katiesel
Hi all

We were thinking of going to Sandown, to the emigration show at the weekend, is any one else going or have any of you been before and if you have, do you think it is a useful, worthwhile thing to do?

Thanks Kate
Hi Kate,

I'll be going on Saturday and I've booked tickets for the 'migration' and 'Australia' seminars too.

I hope to get some free assessments and advice on best visa category etc.
How about you?
Old Oct 8th 2004, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Walts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katiesel
Hi all

Thanks Kate
Hi Kate,

There are two shows later in October which are country specific and I've heard very helpful-especially for jobs.

Have a look at www.expo-newzealand.com and www.expo-australia.com

Good luck!

Walts
Old Oct 8th 2004, 11:30 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Hi Kate,

How are things going with the visa process since we saw you at the Essex meet?

I went to the Sandown show last year and found it quite useful. Didn't go to any of the seminars as they were all booked up, but found loads of other useful info on shipping (most of the big names there), pensions/money transferring and jobs, so worth visiting if you've got the time.

Good luck

Colin and Lizzy
Old Oct 9th 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Houdini
Hi Kate,

How are things going with the visa process since we saw you at the Essex meet?

I went to the Sandown show last year and found it quite useful. Didn't go to any of the seminars as they were all booked up, but found loads of other useful info on shipping (most of the big names there), pensions/money transferring and jobs, so worth visiting if you've got the time.

Good luck

Colin and Lizzy
Hi
Hi you two
We have been busy since the essex meet, we have had our medicals and our police checks, which were all fine and should be winging there way to Oz soon. so fingers crossed, things are going well. How about you, have you heard about your visa yet?
We have just got back form Sandown and it was kind of useful, the best thing was we met our immigration agents face to face, which was good, as we have only spoken to them on the phone or via email.
Are Essex meet ups a regular thing, do you know, or was the last one a one off?
Best whishes Katie and Stewart
Old Oct 9th 2004, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Hi Kate,

I'll be going on Saturday and I've booked tickets for the 'migration' and 'Australia' seminars too.

I hope to get some free assessments and advice on best visa category etc.
How about you?
Hi tonyk38

I think we are a bit further on, on the visa trail than you at the momment. We are applying on class 139, which is something like skilled, sponsored designated area. We have just had our medicals and are about 10 months in.
Have a good time at the show - good luck

Katie