Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to Brisbane Sexpo in Feb ?

Anyone going to Brisbane Sexpo in Feb ?

Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone going to Brisbane Sexpo in Feb ?

I just wanted to see if anyone is going to be visiting the Sexpo in Brisbane (24th - 27th Feb in the Convention Centre) ? I will be there on business as I am launching a range of products when we arrive in the next few months. If anyone wants to meet up let me know, as I haven't been to Brisbane before and it would be good to get some local recommendations. Also can anyone recommend a good cheap hotel/motel to stay in near the Convention Centre ?

Last question, will I be able to make the trip on a short term business visa when we already have our PR visa granted (but not stamped in my passport yet) ? I ask because I am on the visa as a spouse and cannot enter before my wife (who is not coming on this trip). Can I make this trip on a short term business visa and then get the PR visa put into my passport ?
Old Jan 20th 2005, 1:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going to Brisbane Sexpo in Feb ?

Originally Posted by BenandPam

Last question, will I be able to make the trip on a short term business visa when we already have our PR visa granted (but not stamped in my passport yet) ? I ask because I am on the visa as a spouse and cannot enter before my wife (who is not coming on this trip). Can I make this trip on a short term business visa and then get the PR visa put into my passport ?
You might want to re-post this part on the Immigration forum. I think you can only hold one visa at a time, and as its been granted, the PR is the one you now have. One of the guys on the other firum will tell you if I'm wrong, but I think if you apply for a different visa, your current one may be cancelled.
And if mmy supposition is correct, then your wife HAS to enter before you, so will need to come in this trip.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 10:45 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You might want to re-post this part on the Immigration forum. I think you can only hold one visa at a time, and as its been granted, the PR is the one you now have. One of the guys on the other firum will tell you if I'm wrong, but I think if you apply for a different visa, your current one may be cancelled.
And if mmy supposition is correct, then your wife HAS to enter before you, so will need to come in this trip.

One reply, but 106 views... amazing what a title can do

Rydges is next to the convention centre, but I doubt it is cheap. Do a search for anyone along Southbank (Melbourne and Grey St are the main ones)

I agree with what Polly says too - a new visa automatically make the old visa invalid.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:55 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
One reply, but 106 views... amazing what a title can do

I'm just surprised at the lack of comments........
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:59 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I'm just surprised at the lack of comments........

And I'm totally shocked your not arranging a girls day out to it Polly.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:00 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll ask the question that is on everyones lips.

What products are you selling?

BTW you are correct to be cautious and the granting of some visa types invalidates previous visas.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:02 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bordy
And I'm totally shocked your not arranging a girls day out to it Polly.
Sweet innocent little me????
Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:08 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Sweet innocent little me????

Nearly choked on my coffee there.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:19 am
Home and Happy

Tee hee
Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:21 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

same here - took me 10mins to recover!
Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:24 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mlbonner
same here - took me 10mins to recover!
Anyone would think you lot knew me well!!!
Now look, its not so long ago that I was accused of being "cutesy simpering and innocent" - I'm trying to live up to the image...
Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:30 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Anyone would think you lot knew me well!!!
Now look, its not so long ago that I was accused of being "cutesy simpering and innocent" - I'm trying to live up to the image...

You ain't fooling me luv

FWIW, a girl I used to live with went to the Sexpo in 2003, can't say the feedback has made me want to go. Sounds like an Ann Summers party, without the games (no offence the OP!!)
Old Jan 21st 2005, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

mlbonner, don't worry no offence taken .

As for the products, see www.topcat-toys.com. We will also be launching some special chocolate designed to help ladies enjoy themselves . So far the results have been .

Thanks for the replies regarding the visa, I am still trying to speak to someone to get an official answer.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

In case anyone is going to be there, I will be on stand 134 - 137. I will be the guy with the shaved head and lilac TopCat shirt on. Drop by and say hello (and I migt be able to do you a little deal
)