Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone going to or already on the Sunshine Coast?

anyone going to or already on the Sunshine Coast?

Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold
Default anyone going to or already on the Sunshine Coast?

hi all, just wondered who my new neighbours could be. we are spending a week in Brisbane the end of June and then heading up to the Sunshine Coast to find a rental there. not sure which area we will settle in until we have a good look around though. if any of you are heading that way or are already there i would love to hear from you. selina xx
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

mickandtrace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone going to or already on the Sunshine Coast?

Originally Posted by selina
hi all, just wondered who my new neighbours could be. we are spending a week in Brisbane the end of June and then heading up to the Sunshine Coast to find a rental there. not sure which area we will settle in until we have a good look around though. if any of you are heading that way or are already there i would love to hear from you. selina xx
Hi Selina
We are going out to the Sunshine Coast at the beginning of June for a couple of weeks to do the same thing as you. We are staying in Maroochydore and going to look at Buderim, Sippy Downs and a few other areas as this is where we are going to be heading next year. I let you know how we get on.
Tracey
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mickandtrace
Hi Selina
We are going out to the Sunshine Coast at the beginning of June for a couple of weeks to do the same thing as you. We are staying in Maroochydore and going to look at Buderim, Sippy Downs and a few other areas as this is where we are going to be heading next year. I let you know how we get on.
Tracey
hi, i like the look of buderim too. having problems sorting out a short term rental around that area though. have tried realestate.com and other sites for holiday rentals around mooloolaba but they are either booked or don't reply. who have you gone through? selina
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

mickandtrace is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, i like the look of buderim too. having problems sorting out a short term rental around that area though. have tried realestate.com and other sites for holiday rentals around mooloolaba but they are either booked or don't reply. who have you gone through? selina
We have booked a self-catering apartment with all mod cons etc. directly with the owners on www.on-theriver.com take a look. `Very reasonable aswell.
Tracey
Old Apr 21st 2006, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

We're hope to be up Mooloolaba way July/Aug
Old Apr 21st 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SBUK
We're hope to be up Mooloolaba way July/Aug
hi, just checked that site. look nice but pricey at over $600 per week. that's what we are paying in brisbane CBD for exec apartment. maybe it's me being tight!! moving to sunshine coast 28th june and can't wait! mind you may have to up my budget by the looks of things! selina x
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future

We are off to the sunshine coast (before christmas fingers crossed), we went over there in 2003 and fell in love with the area. We are very lucky though as we have family in Buderim and are going to stay with them for about a month until we can find a rental property we are happy with.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

Hi Selina
We're lucky enough to have been here for 2 1/2 years already.
As far as rentals are concerned, it pretty hard to find short term anywhere and the demand for accommodation is so high here at the moment (Buderim/Mooloolaba area) the agents probably dont feel the need to be very helpful - they've already got people on their books waiting for something to come up!
http://www.worldtourism.com.au/Queen...oast/index.htm
Don't know if this'll be any help to you.
Let me know how you get on.
Sarah
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

As soon as we sell the house we will be heading for Mountain Creek or Buderim. Lovely area and I can't wait to get there!!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

wezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to allwezzies is a name known to all

Buderim sounds good!!
wezzies
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 5:29 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Couldn't agree more
We tried to help some friends of ours before they came out last year by trying to speak to real estate agents on their behalf and get the 'paperwork' checks sorted in advance. Like you said, the demand for rentals seems to be so high that they can afford not to go out of their way to be helpful which is very un-Queensland like but the nature of that industry I think.

Also, to the original poster, I would say be prepared no to be too fussy for the very same reasons. You need to make a decision on a rental quickly as the next day, it could be gone. Try not to let this dishearten you. It just shows how beautiful/great an area this is and how much people want to live here.

If it's short term, I'd go for a holiday let. You'll pay more but may be more well placed down by the beach etc....

Best of luck - you'll love it
Sunshine Sarah
Old May 2nd 2006, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: anyone going to or already on the Sunshine Coast?

Hey guys,

Me and my family (Mum 47, Dad 50, and Little Sister 12) are currently living in Buderim, and we love it here! When we first got here, getting a rental was difficult, as we only found 2 rental properties that met our needs! However, after bugging the agency that was in charge of the rental, they gave in and we got the place! So the key to getting your rental is persistence!

3 months later however we moved out of the rental, and into a house which we have bought, and we haven't looked back!

The only problem with the Sunshine Coast seems to be employment...Don't let that put you off though, as once again, persistence is key!

If any young (16-25) people have moved to the Sunshine Coast and want to meet some other new people, email me on [email protected]

Cheers guys,

Jamie
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdt3000
Hey guys,

Me and my family (Mum 47, Dad 50, and Little Sister 12) are currently living in Buderim, and we love it here! When we first got here, getting a rental was difficult, as we only found 2 rental properties that met our needs! However, after bugging the agency that was in charge of the rental, they gave in and we got the place! So the key to getting your rental is persistence!

3 months later however we moved out of the rental, and into a house which we have bought, and we haven't looked back!

The only problem with the Sunshine Coast seems to be employment...Don't let that put you off though, as once again, persistence is key!

If any young (16-25) people have moved to the Sunshine Coast and want to meet some other new people, email me on [email protected]

Cheers guys,

Jamie
hi jamie, my son is 17 will be 18 in october. i'll tell him to get in touch with you. do you have MSN messenger?
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of

hi jamie, my son is 17 will be 18 in october. i'll tell him to get in touch with you. do you have MSN messenger?
I sure do have msn messenger selina, just use the email [email protected]

Cheers

Jamie
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:39 am

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys any of you looking accomodation should use these guys in Coolum... really fantastic apartments with lots of them to suit you. But really they are amazing, state of the art million dollar apartments for close to 800$ a week. Give them a bell if your up Coolum Beach direction and tell them Martin from Ireland sent you hehe, should bring a smile to their face and maybe get you a bit off

www.seachangecoolumbeach.com.au/

Have a look for yourself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.