Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to adelaide from Durham/north east way?

Anyone going to adelaide from Durham/north east way?

Old Sep 6th 2008, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

darlo 2 adelaide will become famous soon enoughdarlo 2 adelaide will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone going to adelaide from Durham/north east way?

Just wondered if anyone else was in the same position as us (me hubby, and two small kids). Hopefully January-February?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone going to adelaide from Durham/north east way?

Originally Posted by darlo 2 adelaide
Just wondered if anyone else was in the same position as us (me hubby, and two small kids). Hopefully January-February?
Hi there,

I'm off to Adelaide with my OH and 2 girls. Hopefully in April/May time all depending on Visa grant. Have CO doing meds next week sent off for pcc. So just waiting again.

I live in Suffolk at the mo, and can't wait to make the move.

Good luck with your move out there.

Anne
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

darlo 2 adelaide will become famous soon enoughdarlo 2 adelaide will become famous soon enough

Hello Anne.
nice to here from someone else going to adelaide. Hope your medicals go ok, ours were really different, as we had different doctors doing them. My husband had a thorough overhaul and I only had the basics, but I think he wanted rid of us quick because the kids wouldn't sit still. they cost a fortune don't they? Why did you decide on adelaide?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Hello Anne.
nice to here from someone else going to adelaide. Hope your medicals go ok, ours were really different, as we had different doctors doing them. My husband had a thorough overhaul and I only had the basics, but I think he wanted rid of us quick because the kids wouldn't sit still. they cost a fortune don't they? Why did you decide on adelaide?

Hi there,

We have decided on Adelaide due to my parents and younger brother living there. Mum and Dad are citizens now brother just waiting to do his oath.
Can't wait to get there, hope everything goes smoothly with meds and pcc.
We went out there on holiday and fell in love with the place and the life style is great for the girls.

What has made you want to go to Adelaide???

Anne
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Hi there,

We have decided on Adelaide due to my parents and younger brother living there. Mum and Dad are citizens now brother just waiting to do his oath.
Can't wait to get there, hope everything goes smoothly with meds and pcc.
We went out there on holiday and fell in love with the place and the life style is great for the girls.

What has made you want to go to Adelaide???

Anne
We have friends there, always fancied going somewhere and now having kids thought we should try somewhere that we mught have a little help. I already have a job, haven't sold my house though!! Still going though even without the house sale.

I might see you in the local park some sunny day?!?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

We have friends there, always fancied going somewhere and now having kids thought we should try somewhere that we mught have a little help. I already have a job, haven't sold my house though!! Still going though even without the house sale.

I might see you in the local park some sunny day?!?
What kind of work are you in???
Are you moving into Adelaide it's self or one of the suburbs?
I'm actually moving to a place called Williamstown for now, until we get sorted and see were we want to be.
It would be good to keep in touch though and see how we're getting on.
Having help with how things are will be great that's why we're heading for mum and dad's for now.
I'll let you know how the meds go on Friday.
I'm coming up your end of the country next month, I've got a family wedding to go to in Hartlepool. Most of my dad's side of the family are from there.

Speak soon

Anne
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Anyone going to adelaide from Durham/north east way?

Hi Anne!
Thanks for the response. I'm a nurse and am going to be working in the hopsital in the centre (I think). That's strange your family being from around here isn't it? We're going to apply for that meet and greet service hopefully, then arrange our own accomodation asap. Have heard mixed reports about it, but it'll be a base if nothing else. Good luck with the wedding, hope the weather stays nice for you all.

Sarah
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Anne!
Thanks for the response. I'm a nurse and am going to be working in the hopsital in the centre (I think). That's strange your family being from around here isn't it? We're going to apply for that meet and greet service hopefully, then arrange our own accomodation asap. Have heard mixed reports about it, but it'll be a base if nothing else. Good luck with the wedding, hope the weather stays nice for you all.

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

I've not heard much about the meet and greet service, so you'll have to let me know how it goes. Once you get there you'll be able to have a good look round and see where you want to be.

Good luck with the job and locating the hospital.

Had meds today all went well, as far as the doc was concerned. PCC came back today as well. So thats one more thing not to worry about now.

Take care

Anne
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Hi Sarah,

I've not heard much about the meet and greet service, so you'll have to let me know how it goes. Once you get there you'll be able to have a good look round and see where you want to be.

Good luck with the job and locating the hospital.

Had meds today all went well, as far as the doc was concerned. PCC came back today as well. So thats one more thing not to worry about now.

Take care

Anne
Hi anne

Are there many more things you need to arrange, because the medicals were nearly the last thing we had to do except send off all the paperwork for the visa. What kind of visa are you applying for?
Take care

Sarah
Old Sep 21st 2008, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi anne

Are there many more things you need to arrange, because the medicals were nearly the last thing we had to do except send off all the paperwork for the visa. What kind of visa are you applying for?
Take care

Sarah
Hi Sarah

We applied for a 175 in January. Got a CO on 1/09/08. So Meds and pcc were all we had left to do. Just got to wait for the doc to get results back and for things to be sent to Sydney. So i'm back to the waiting game again.

Anne
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:13 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anne!

Sarah
Hi there,

the main hospital in adelaide city centre is the Royal Adelaide hospital http://www.rah.sa.gov.au/homepage.php other hospitals in adelaide include Lyell Mcewin, The Queen Elizabeth and the Calvary Group (private) plus others !!!
Good luck with your adventure, hope everything works out ok for you, and i'll maybe see you one day in Adelaide, ps any questions, fire away, happy to help
fiona