Reload this Page >

anyone from Geelong area?

anyone from Geelong area?

Old May 21st 2003, 9:04 am
Just Joined

ellen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone from Geelong area?

Hi

Hubby is waiting on a job offer in Geelong area. We have been looking on net at real estate agents for rented accommodation, but can anyone recommend 'good' and 'bad' areas of Geelong? Also any recommendations on schools in that area too - I have a 12yr old.

Cheers
Old May 21st 2003, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone from Geelong area?

Originally posted by ellen
Hi

Hubby is waiting on a job offer in Geelong area. We have been looking on net at real estate agents for rented accommodation, but can anyone recommend 'good' and 'bad' areas of Geelong? Also any recommendations on schools in that area too - I have a 12yr old.

Cheers
Hi

I'm pretty sure Alan Collett from Go Matilda lives in Geelong, having emigrated from Surrey. He may be able to give you some pointers.

Nicola
Old May 21st 2003, 2:25 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I'm here in Geelong, working far too late for my own good! There are another couple of posters on this Forum who live in Geelong too.

As a guide, good areas are those central and to the south of the City (eg Geelong West, Newtown, Highton, Wandana Heights, Belmont, Waurn Ponds, and out towards Leopold and Lara, etc). Its probably best to have a chat with one of the real estate firms that deal with rentals - from personal experience I'd talk with Maxwell Collins, CJ Keane & Co, and Haydens, all of whom do property rentals, and their websites have details of properties for rent.

The Saturday Geelong Advertiser is also worth getting for its property section: http://www.glgadvertiser.com.au

As to schools - it depends on whether you want fee paying or State sector. From what I can gather many put their children in the State system until they are 11, and then look to the private schools from year 7 onwards.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by ellen
Hi

Cheers
Old May 21st 2003, 3:54 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Alan do you ever go to bed?????????????????
Old May 21st 2003, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that Nicola.

And guess what, the man himself has replied!!
Old May 21st 2003, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for that - its a great help! Thanks for the links too!

Off now to do some more research!