Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone, game of footie and a pint on GC??

Anyone, game of footie and a pint on GC??

Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Talking Anyone, game of footie and a pint on GC??

Just a thought at the moment, but hubby used to play an informal, friendly game of 5 a side in the UK once a week with mates and then head off for a pint after.
He has spoken to a couple of people who would be up for this here on the Gold Coast, maybe on a Thursday night?? Just wondering if there was anyone who fancied joining in (no matter what age/skill!), he's also thinking of a place, someone has suggested a pitch at Parklands, but if there are any different ideas just let him know.
Just send us a PM if you are interested, see what response we get and go from there...

Donna

Last edited by dh1905; Jun 27th 2006 at 11:49 am.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone, game of footie and a pint on GC??

bump
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:42 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi My hubbies in Brisbane so might be a bit too far....thought I'd send it up a little....

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 28th 2006, 5:34 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dh1905
Just a thought at the moment, but hubby used to play an informal, friendly game of 5 a side in the UK once a week with mates and then head off for a pint after.
He has spoken to a couple of people who would be up for this here on the Gold Coast, maybe on a Thursday night?? Just wondering if there was anyone who fancied joining in (no matter what age/skill!), he's also thinking of a place, someone has suggested a pitch at Parklands, but if there are any different ideas just let him know.
Just send us a PM if you are interested, see what response we get and go from there...

Donna
My husband plays football on a Weds or Thurs night. There is an over 35`s and an over 45`s team. I believe the pitches are in Musgrave Road just off of Olsen Avenue.

Tracey x
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Anyone, game of footie and a pint on GC??

Hi thanks for the replies and PM's, hubby not old enough for the over 35's yet so thats we are doing this instead- seems to be nothing organised for the under 35's
Come on men, we have a few on the list, need more....
Old Jun 28th 2006, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Donna

Hi Donna,

I would be interested but am probably too old now at 40 I used to play 11 a side every week from the age of 18 to about 32 and then did the same thing as your hubby in England. Every Monday night we played 5 or 8 a side against different teams every week and then went for a beer or two, we did this for about five years.

I had to give up when I moved to oz but really miss the exercise and the social side but after not playing for 4 years It would probably kill me now. lol Pm

Tony
Old Jun 28th 2006, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tony,

40 is no age, I 'll count you in if you fancy it?! And dont worry about it killing you, its used to be a killer for my hubby every week but I think the thought of a beer at the end kept him going lol! You can carry each other off the pitch at end

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
Hi Donna,

I would be interested but am probably too old now at 40 I used to play 11 a side every week from the age of 18 to about 32 and then did the same thing as your hubby in England. Every Monday night we played 5 or 8 a side against different teams every week and then went for a beer or two, we did this for about five years.

I had to give up when I moved to oz but really miss the exercise and the social side but after not playing for 4 years It would probably kill me now. lol Pm

Tony
Old Jun 28th 2006, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony,

40 is no age, I 'll count you in if you fancy it?! And dont worry about it killing you, its used to be a killer for my hubby every week but I think the thought of a beer at the end kept him going lol! You can carry each other off the pitch at end

I would be up for it. Also if there was enough interest and people willing to play I would happily sort out the sponsor of the kit with my company name on the shirts as I used to do this in th U.K with my old team and you can write the tax off as advertising. My only concern would be having enough players to make up the numbers and have regular teams to play, we had eight different teams to play in the U.K and it was still difficult to get enough opposition to play every week. keep bumping up the topic and lets see where it goes.

Another question, are there any astro turf and floodlight evening pitches on the Gold Coast as I have not seen any but may be wrong.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

addadd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all i am moving to the gc on sep 2nd 30 years old deffo up 4 a game of football but as i say will not be ther for 2 months
Old Jun 28th 2006, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future

Count me in!!!!! Not arriving for another 3 weeks but me (40+!!!! ) and 13 yr old son would love a game!!!!!
Old Jun 29th 2006, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Thats a good idea about the shirts, lets hope we get some more interest and get this thing off the ground.
Maybe if there was enough just for 1 or 2 teams at 1st it would be a start, minimum would be 10 players though I think??

About the pitches, someone has mentioned Parklands to hubby, apparantley they have all sorts of sports to book, hopefully something suitable for a football match, will have a look into it this week. Also the I'm not sure if the over 35's southport soccer club would let us a hire a pitch, maybe worth asking.

Addadd and tricky, your more than welcome,its going to take a few weeks to hopefully get something organised, keep in touch and just pm us when you arrive. Goodluck with your moves by the way.

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
I would be up for it. Also if there was enough interest and people willing to play I would happily sort out the sponsor of the kit with my company name on the shirts as I used to do this in th U.K with my old team and you can write the tax off as advertising. My only concern would be having enough players to make up the numbers and have regular teams to play, we had eight different teams to play in the U.K and it was still difficult to get enough opposition to play every week. keep bumping up the topic and lets see where it goes.

Another question, are there any astro turf and floodlight evening pitches on the Gold Coast as I have not seen any but may be wrong.