Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone flying to bris on 4.4.06 with jal?

anyone flying to bris on 4.4.06 with jal?

Old Mar 25th 2006, 8:20 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default anyone flying to bris on 2.4.06 with jal?

anybody?

Last edited by rugbymad; Mar 25th 2006 at 9:00 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone flying to bris on 4.4.06 with jal?

Originally Posted by rugbymad
anybody?
No we're flying on 1st
Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:01 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: anyone flying to bris on 2.4.06 with jal?

Originally Posted by hilary6
No we're flying on 1st

We're going on the 2nd not the 4th......to much wine me thinks!

Last edited by rugbymad; Mar 25th 2006 at 9:02 pm. Reason: wrong date....
Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

We're going on the 2nd not the 4th......to much wine me thinks!
PMSL
Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:22 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Not going with JAL this time but going on 7.4.06 sorry - very excited now!!
Have you flown with JAL before? Are you doing the 6 hours in Osaka?
J x
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:37 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Not going with JAL this time but going on 7.4.06 sorry - very excited now!!
Have you flown with JAL before? Are you doing the 6 hours in Osaka?
J x

Ive flown with JAL. Done the six hours thing as well.

Good airline.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:58 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: anyone flying to bris on 4.4.06 with jal?

I did the overnighter in Kansai, and cannot recommend it highly enough.

9 hours Sydney -> Kansai; 13 hours Kansai -> Heathrow - with plenty of Japanese pampering in between.

Now that's the way to travel.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 6:47 am
Running on the spot.

Oh Dear,woke with a bad head today and thought ....I put the wrong date for our reccie on be,I wonder if anybody has noticed I put another thread up with the right date?
Thanks for your replys and yes we're going via Kansai and doing the 6 hour stop off.What did you do during that time?? Just chill?? Is it a stress free type switch of planes,yes i know theres plenty of time but do you have to travel anywhere else or is it straight forward.
Oh My head........Sunday mornings......I always remeber an old saying about mixing your drink............"never mix the grape and the grain" ...why do I always remember it on Sunday when it's to late??????
Happy Mothers day to all Mums out there as well!
Old Mar 26th 2006, 3:36 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rugbymad,
During the 6 hours in Osaka we had a look around the shops - mainly sunglasses, cosmetics. There are email facilities and foreign exchange also a cafe which we thought was expensive when changed £10 got 2,000 yen it was 1,000 yen for *a* toast :scared: .I would suggest if you want to use the cafe, change the money in U.K - although 200 Malborough Lights cigarettes cost 1,600 yen for 200 Very odd.
Definately advise a very refreshing shower which cost about £6 for 4, the youngest came in with me. Given fresh towels and shampoo, conditioner, razors, shave foam, soap etc.
Was the best £6 ever spent after 12 hours on plane. Just book in when you arrive.
To get to the departures there is a tram to get to the next terminal, this has only minimum shops, maybe 2. There are email terminals in this area also.
We have 7 and 12 year olds, they just watched planes taking off and landing and I think this was due to the whole experience.
The food on JAL was o.k, I am very fussy but ate most things, the kids meals were odd, quite *japanese* so if young kids, take some extra food!! The plane from Lon to Osaka had little T.V's, the one from Osaka to Sydney was large screen. Hope this helps!!
J x
Old Mar 26th 2006, 3:50 pm
Running on the spot.

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Hi Rugbymad,
During the 6 hours in Osaka we had a look around the shops - mainly sunglasses, cosmetics. There are email facilities and foreign exchange also a cafe which we thought was expensive when changed £10 got 2,000 yen it was 1,000 yen for *a* toast :scared: .I would suggest if you want to use the cafe, change the money in U.K - although 200 Malborough Lights cigarettes cost 1,600 yen for 200 Very odd.
Definately advise a very refreshing shower which cost about £6 for 4, the youngest came in with me. Given fresh towels and shampoo, conditioner, razors, shave foam, soap etc.
Was the best £6 ever spent after 12 hours on plane. Just book in when you arrive.
To get to the departures there is a tram to get to the next terminal, this has only minimum shops, maybe 2. There are email terminals in this area also.
We have 7 and 12 year olds, they just watched planes taking off and landing and I think this was due to the whole experience.
The food on JAL was o.k, I am very fussy but ate most things, the kids meals were odd, quite *japanese* so if young kids, take some extra food!! The plane from Lon to Osaka had little T.V's, the one from Osaka to Sydney was large screen. Hope this helps!!
J x
J,
Many thanks for this,really helpfull,like the sound of showering after the first leg of the flight!
what do you do then?? Find the place and book when your there or can you book from here?? Our kids are almost the same ages as well 8 and 11,so it's good to know the food was ok as well.how much do you suggest taking in yen?? We are not smokers so not interested in fags but we are interested in getting some new sunglasses for the boys,have been told that oakleys are very cheap in Aus??
Do you reckon it's cheaper in Japan??
Cheers
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:47 pm
Former Resident Visa

Hi Rugbymad,
The showers are signposted in the airport in the main area - just next to the cafe and the foreign exchange.You just go to the reception and book for how many people are showering - they tell you a time we booked for the middle of 6 hours to break it up a bit.The shower area has quite a big walk in bit - fitted me and youngest easily. There is also a dressing area and also hairdryers that i forgot to mention. You can also hire rooms to sleep in if you prefer. Try the website it is Kansai airport, Osaka - this is a man made island - the airport is a long glass shape. All the shops (that are similar) and cafe, foreign exchange and showers are on top floor.
Once you go to the departure terminal on the tram there is only a small cafe - the kids had icecreams there - and there is a small kind of sweet shop. The sweets were £5 for a bag of what appeared to be *chewits*. Another thing kids meals were rather funny as mentioned earlier - one had what can only be described as a *grass hedge* inbetween jelly stuff, we still don't know if you were to eat this, we opted not to! This came with a jam butty (kids happy). I must say the rest of the time they just ate our bread roll.
We go again this time with Emirates on 7th April. Very excited
The return flight we stayed in the Hotel Nikko or Nikkai this is also on a web page if you type into google. They gave us 2 adjoining double rooms all had a large bed each. The complimentary breakfast in the morning is great EVERYTHING that you could want. This is only a short way from immigration about 5 min walk.
Let me know if you need any other info.
J x
Hubby thought everything in the airport was dear - so maybe someone else can suggest sunglasses prices in Aus. Not sure how much yen to take as you end up with lots of coins with holes in
What part of Aus are you going?

Go on google and type in Kansai airport Osaka and its the first webpage there is a link to hotel Nikkai too.

Last edited by Jaycee1; Mar 26th 2006 at 4:52 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 5:09 pm
Running on the spot.

[QUOTE=Jaycee1]Hi Rugbymad,
The showers are signposted in the airport in the main area - just next to the cafe and the foreign exchange.You just go to the reception and book for how many people are showering - they tell you a time we booked for the middle of 6 hours to break it up a bit.The shower area has quite a big walk in bit - fitted me and youngest easily. There is also a dressing area and also hairdryers that i forgot to mention. You can also hire rooms to sleep in if you prefer. Try the website it is Kansai airport, Osaka - this is a man made island - the airport is a long glass shape. All the shops (that are similar) and cafe, foreign exchange and showers are on top floor.
Once you go to the departure terminal on the tram there is only a small cafe - the kids had icecreams there - and there is a small kind of sweet shop. The sweets were £5 for a bag of what appeared to be *chewits*. Another thing kids meals were rather funny as mentioned earlier - one had what can only be described as a *grass hedge* inbetween jelly stuff, we still don't know if you were to eat this, we opted not to! This came with a jam butty (kids happy). I must say the rest of the time they just ate our bread roll.
We go again this time with Emirates on 7th April. Very excited
The return flight we stayed in the Hotel Nikko or Nikkai this is also on a web page if you type into google. They gave us 2 adjoining double rooms all had a large bed each. The complimentary breakfast in the morning is great EVERYTHING that you could want. This is only a short way from immigration about 5 min walk.
Let me know if you need any other info.
J x
Hubby thought everything in the airport was dear - so maybe someone else can suggest sunglasses prices in Aus. Not sure how much yen to take as you end up with lots of coins with holes in
What part of Aus are you going?
hello j
Thanks for all the info.You have made me feel a lot better knowing about showers etc.We will definately be doing the same as you and refreshing our bodies before the last leg.Ithink i'll just get new sunglasses in Aus and spend
my time in shower!!!!!
We are going to Brisbane,caloundra for 3 weeks and to sydney for aweek.We
are also in Hotel Nikko on return.Not looking forward to flights as we have never done a really long flight before.Just hope kids will be ok.We have 2 Boys aged 8 and 11.Eldest will be 12 on 14.4.06(good Friday).They cant wait.Do yours enjoy the flight?

Thanks very much again
Mrs Rugbymad
Old Mar 26th 2006, 7:27 pm
Former Resident Visa

Hello Mrs Rugbymad,
This is an omen!! My youngest daughter is 8 on 14.4.98
Other daughter is 12. The kids enjoyed the flight, it is a new experience so they loved it. They usually kill eachother and they were so good. I was amazed.
We arrived at Nikko hotel at 11.30pm, there was a few vending machines on the landings as it was boiling and the airconditioning in rooms made mouths dry up. Or get extra on plane and put in handluggage
J x
Any other questions just ask or pm me x
Old Mar 26th 2006, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

J,
Many thanks for this,really helpfull,like the sound of showering after the first leg of the flight!
what do you do then?? Find the place and book when your there or can you book from here?? Our kids are almost the same ages as well 8 and 11,so it's good to know the food was ok as well.how much do you suggest taking in yen?? We are not smokers so not interested in fags but we are interested in getting some new sunglasses for the boys,have been told that oakleys are very cheap in Aus??
Do you reckon it's cheaper in Japan??
Cheers

you better have a shower mate or else im turning off my mobile phone!!!
Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:04 am
Running on the spot.

Don't worry dear,it's now a deffo.
Mrs rugbymad got on here as she was panicking about things and the other kind poster has finally put all her fears to bed!
When we arrive we'll be a fresh as a daisy so leave your phone on,hows things going now then love??
I'll bet your a right bundle of nerves and every emotion under the sun......
go chill and put your records on....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.