Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone flying on 5-6 October?

Anyone flying on 5-6 October?

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Anyone flying on 5-6 October?

Last few weeks of madness running round like a headless chicken trying to stuff the things into one box whilst the kids are tryint to remove it
We are flying to Dubai on 5 October and from Dubai to Bris on 6.

Anyone else going on these dates?
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone flying on 5-6 October?

Originally Posted by debsy
Last few weeks of madness running round like a headless chicken trying to stuff the things into one box whilst the kids are tryint to remove it

Hi Debsy

I'm not flying until the 31st October but am now starting to have sleepless nights with the worry of it all. How do you cope? The shippers came last week and I thought after that I would relax a little. Unfortunately my worries seem to be getting worse. I was wide awake at 2.00am this morning thinking about which companies to notify my change of address! Really peeved about that as it interrupted a very nice dream about Duran Duran (don't ask!!!!).

All my excitement about going seems to have vanished during the last week. I'm now sooooooo worried about making sure I've done everything before we go. Our leaving party is happening this Saturday and I'm not looking forward to that either.

I appreciate it's last minute nerves - but there is still so much to do.

I guess I'm just looking for a bit of a sanity check here so sorry for pinching your message.

Good luck with everything - I'd now better get on with my never ending list of things to do!! x :scared:
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:37 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debs,

Your house sounds like ours. We fly on 5th Oct from Singapore. Have you anywhere to stay yet?

Noeleen
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 11:12 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Debsy......

reality is begining to kick in..... we fly from manchester on 10th October at 10 am.....to singapore then onto Briz arriving at 8.05pm on the 11th.

We have three weeks accomo reserved at Gateway Village Resort in Rochedale Qld..... what are ure plans?

love boomie
xx
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Troood
Hi Debsy

I'm not flying until the 31st October but am now starting to have sleepless nights with the worry of it all. How do you cope? The shippers came last week and I thought after that I would relax a little. Unfortunately my worries seem to be getting worse. I was wide awake at 2.00am this morning thinking about which companies to notify my change of address! Really peeved about that as it interrupted a very nice dream about Duran Duran (don't ask!!!!).

All my excitement about going seems to have vanished during the last week. I'm now sooooooo worried about making sure I've done everything before we go. Our leaving party is happening this Saturday and I'm not looking forward to that either.

I appreciate it's last minute nerves - but there is still so much to do.

I guess I'm just looking for a bit of a sanity check here so sorry for pinching your message.

Good luck with everything - I'd now better get on with my never ending list of things to do!! x :scared:
Well I wanna hear about Duran Duran
Booms * I am peeing meself now!
Noeleen - have not booked anywhere to stay yet
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:17 pm

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Debsy,
Sorry to get off the beaten track a bit, but just read the theads and noticed Duran Duran mentioned. Are you, like us , still abit stuck in the 80`s. Nothing wrong with that I hear you cry. Hubby and I went up to Brisbane last year to see an 80`s concert. Paul Young, Duran Duran, Human league, Go West, Kim Wilde and Belinda Carlisle. Some where better than others. Paul Young was crap and had to be taken off half way througth his performance. think he was on something. Sometimes, I think it`s best for us fans to remember them how they were. Althought Duran Duran`s new song is really good. Have a safe trip over, ring when you are settled, Louisaxx
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robertd
Dear Debsy,
Sorry to get off the beaten track a bit, but just read the theads and noticed Duran Duran mentioned. Are you, like us , still abit stuck in the 80`s. Nothing wrong with that I hear you cry. Hubby and I went up to Brisbane last year to see an 80`s concert. Paul Young, Duran Duran, Human league, Go West, Kim Wilde and Belinda Carlisle. Some where better than others. Paul Young was crap and had to be taken off half way througth his performance. think he was on something. Sometimes, I think it`s best for us fans to remember them how they were. Althought Duran Duran`s new song is really good. Have a safe trip over, ring when you are settled, Louisaxx
Hiya Louisa
lol - Trood had a dream about Duran Duran - see her earlier post.

I am partial to a bit of 80s music myself though - Wham were my favourites at the time

A lot of people used to tell me that I resembled Kim Wilde and it really used to get on my wick

See you soon.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Debsy

Long time since we have spoken. You are finally coming over to Oz at last. Bet you thought you wouldn't get here. Let me know when you arrive on the Gold Coast and me and the wife will meet up with you if you have the time. Decided where to stay yet? Are you still looking at Management rights in Broadbeach?

Keep in touch
Cheers
Gazza22222