Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone flown eva air?

anyone flown eva air?

Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about
Default anyone flown eva air?

Has anyone flown with Eva airlines a Taiwan based airline?

They seem to be very good according to internet sites I've looked at but its always nice to get first hand experience from real people.
I ask because they have very very cheap flights to Brisbane from London and I'm thinking of using them when i emigrate next year.

£895 business class, sounds good eh.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:39 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone flown eva air?

Originally Posted by Pickle

They seem to be very good according to internet sites I've looked at but its always nice to get first hand experience from real people.
I ask because they have very very cheap flights to Brisbane from London and I'm thinking of using them when i emigrate next year.

Never heard of them!

Wow..sure sound too good to be true!!!

Mmmm...made in Taiwan too!!

Sounds a bit dodgy to me....
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

mercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the rough

I flew them from Taipei - Vancouver in 1st class and they were fine. Check what equipment is on the Taipei - Brisbane sector; the 747-400 is to be preferred to the MD-11 I guess.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:10 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pickle

Eva air are very good. Old equipment but at the price you get a business class seat but with economy service and its called Eva Evergreen.

Not lie flat seats or anything like Singapore, Qantas and more sub Emirates business class seating standard. Seat pitch is only 38" but the configuration is 2x4x2

The seating is limited so book it quick but I can highly recommend it, its seriously value for money and will get you there in a lot better shape than cattle class according to my mother in law who flys to Thailand about 4 times a year with them

Last edited by Centurion; Nov 20th 2005 at 8:19 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:26 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

We've flown Eva Air Evergreen Deluxe & it was great, its the equivilent of Economy Plus which you get in some airlines nowdays, as Centurion said more legroom & better recline on the seats etc means you get there alot less cramped up than economy. Food was fine, service was fine, would definitely fly with them again based on our experience. Our flights cost us less for the upgraded economy class than it would have cost us cattle class with any of the other major airlines like qantas/Singapore etc.

The only downside was that Evergreen Deluxe wasnt available all the way to Australia, its only available on the Taipei - Heathrow leg on the Oz-UK flights.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

We flew EVA a few years ago and it was a terrible flight. The seats were really narrow with not a lot of legroom either. Also the temperature on the plane was unbearably hot. They are not an airline I would recommend.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about

Cheers for the replies.

I've also found a nice little site for airline reviews at:

http://www.airlinequality.com/index.htm

According to there web site and other info sources they have recently bought new 777 aircraft which are light years ahead of the older 747's they used to use in both seating and quality.

I think we will fly with them next year and treat ourselves to business class as its so cheap.