Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone flown airasia?

Anyone flown airasia?

Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Default Anyone flown airasia?

I have read several posts on here about the above (including seeing the picture of the seat sizes)

Has anyone actually flown with this airline recently. I am looking into the flight from stanstead to KL and then on to Melbourne.

It is certainly much cheaper than many flights I have seen, but wonder if it is worth saving a few hundred quid if it is going to be a total nightmare.

The size of the seats is not a huge worry for me, but I can't seem to find any info about what meals or entertainment (if any) is available.

Any comments or advice would be great.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone flown airasia?

A friend of mine did the trip recently with Air Asia. He said (I quote)

"They make Easyjet look like the Emirates". Sorry he didn't mention too many details though. I always check this site for airline reviews, there are a few long haul in here for Air Asia.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_asia.htm
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
A friend of mine did the trip recently with Air Asia. He said (I quote)

"They make Easyjet look like the Emirates". Sorry he didn't mention too many details though. I always check this site for airline reviews, there are a few long haul in here for Air Asia.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_asia.htm
I thought they were better than Easyjet but you get what you pay for. They are a budget airline and great for getting to and around Asia.

Last edited by Deancm; Jun 15th 2009 at 12:19 am.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freckles1970
I have read several posts on here about the above (including seeing the picture of the seat sizes)

Has anyone actually flown with this airline recently. I am looking into the flight from stanstead to KL and then on to Melbourne.

It is certainly much cheaper than many flights I have seen, but wonder if it is worth saving a few hundred quid if it is going to be a total nightmare.

The size of the seats is not a huge worry for me, but I can't seem to find any info about what meals or entertainment (if any) is available.

Air Asia are fine - better than Easyjet and Ryanair.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Annabel04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freckles1970

I took the London - KL flight mid May 09 and was pleasantly surprised. See also my response here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609435

I paid Euro 150 (having booked 10 days in advance), and yes, there was in-flight entertainment for all. Passengers, who paid a bit more, got their own personal monitor with more choice. Meals were fine and cheap.

I have flown with them a few times within Asia on smaller planes but the AA X is definitely professional. Besides their own website, you can also check out this website:

http://www.airtravelgenius.com/ar/ai...ap_flights.htm

And no, I am not in any way related to this airline...

Good Luck !