Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone flown on the A380 airbus?

Anyone flown on the A380 airbus?

Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:33 pm
Ses
Forum Regular

Ses has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant future
Default Anyone flown on the A380 airbus?

Hi, hubby and I have finally booked our one way tickets down under! Was wondering if anyone has flown with Singapore on the A380 airbus? Also wondering what your experience was like?

Flying out on 22 Sept - weyhey!

Many thanks

Sarah
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone flown on the A380 airbus?

Originally Posted by Ses
Hi, hubby and I have finally booked our one way tickets down under! Was wondering if anyone has flown with Singapore on the A380 airbus? Also wondering what your experience was like?

Many thanks

Sarah
I will be an uplifting experience!!! I've not been on it, but a few people I know have. If you are in cattle class, its just the same lack of leg room, etc, etc...
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

we flew from singapore to london on it 4 weeks ago and would definately recommend it. its a much smoother, quieter flight plus the entertainment system is 100% better with bigger screens, you can choose when a film starts etc.

i am not planning on going back to uk anytime soon but if i had to i would definately be trying to get on it.

nicola
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I've flown on it, and will make a point of booking it again next time I go in a few weeks.

Much the same as any big plane in reality, but the quietness and video system makes it worth going out of your way to make a point of booking the midday flight from LHR that uses the A380.

I saw one do a low level display at a show up near Liverpool, and as it was empty and flown by a display pilot, it was a very impressive sight !!

Alan.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Ozbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura aboutOzbound08 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Ses

Many thanks

Sarah
Hi we flew on it at the beginning of June to get to Perth WA we could only go on it to singapore and then you change and go on an normal 777! I am a nervous flyer and was worried about the new technology etc! but once on it You forget how big the plane is because it is all in sections, we travelled up stairs, we pre booked our seats, which you can do if you book on line direct with Singapore airlines. We found it quieter, and more luxurious than normal not much more leg room though! but the screens are bigger than normal and the entertainment system was fantastic,our 6 year old son, didn't get fed up at all and never asked if we were nearly there! You can bend the head rests for your head to lean on, good idea if trying to sleep! there is a foot rest, and a light under the tv so the over head lights don't keep you awake, (not that we managed to sleep!) also there are different ports in the side of the screen to charge things or use a lap top! any how all in all the best plane I've ever been on, but I am not a frequent flyer! but would highly recommend booking if you can! Good luck and have a good flight!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:10 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

Hi

I flew twice last month, and would again.

Like the others have said, no more leg room, but the enttertainment package is pretty good, and the bigger screen is a bonus.

If there are only 2x of you i would recommend booking the seats up stairs. 2x at the window. It is a smaller cabin up there, but only 1x section of cattle class and i found that the service was pretty nifty as there wasnt so many people to serve. Also at the window upstairs you get an arm rest section that you can store laptop, pillows, blankets, mags etc so you dont have to use the space in the seat infront. Oh.. and its near the back stairs, so good to stretch your legs and use the downstairs facilities for a change.

K
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

AberJazz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I've flown from Singapore to Sydney and then on my return leg got the A380 from Sydney to Sing -> London.

Excellent service, brilliant entertainment system, the plane is quieter and as a bonus due to the size of the plane there are more emergency exit doors so there is a better chance of grabbing a exit seat with the extra leg room

Have a look at www.seatguru.com which lists the layout of the plane and the best seats to pre-book.

This is the link to the A380 plane layout
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Sin...irbus_A380.php

I would go for the following seats
UPPER DECK
ROW 71 - SEATS A,C,H,& K
ROW 81 - SEATS A,C,H,& K

LOWER DECK
ROW 44 - SEATS A,B,C,H,J,& K
ROW 81 - SEATS A,B,C,H,J,& K

You can also check in up to 48 hours on line and when you are in singapore you can also check in up to 48 hours in advance and leave you luggage at the airport.

Hope this helps

AberJazz
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:26 pm
Ses
Forum Regular

Ses has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant futureSes has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Sarah