Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone feel stuck in Perth but want out ?

Anyone feel stuck in Perth but want out ?

Old Nov 15th 2011, 2:58 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone feel stuck in Perth but want out ?

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I too can vouch for Eddie - she is lovely you really should take her up on her offer.
I think we should ask HIM first.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:00 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
LOL! Bix we all know who the boss is in any marriage!!
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
HE was turned into a quilt several days ago and is looking a bit 'patched up' and if you are not careful, you too will become part of Eddies 'Quilt of Man'.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
It's a lot of factors why we want to move
Friends we have a few here we went to a get together the other day
I have met some lovely people I have been to a play group too .
We find Perth isolated dull and not much to see and do and feel anyone who thinks Perth has a lot going for it must of come from somewhere deprived . As Perth has to be the dullest city I have ever been to . I aak those that love Perth did you come from a village or crime ridden area in the uk .... I am stating what expats have said to me , you been well travelled been all around oz? . As I have honestly found those that love Perth there is good reason . And each to their own . I left the uk for a new start better life for the kids
They are pretty happy keeping busy working surfing cheerleading etc .
We were used to 37 years being townies and we have come to the most isolated place in the most isolated city , lots of ozzies who live near the city who bought years ago one woman paid $23,000 for her cottesloe home now worth $1.2 mil . She said to me yesterday why the hell live in the most isolated place . we said because we can't afford to live closer to things .
The other lady who was born and bred here said get out go to Queensland , so many more opportunities . She said her daughter sings and could not find places to work As not much going on here . But she has done well in Queensland As more over there . This is hence my post I wonder which of you feel the same . I know there are people that like Perth . This is a dull city and even people I know have active busy and working lives would like to move .
So I know it's not just a baby or a friend circle I just dont feel Perth suburban life is for a busy person like or people like us . We never used to be in our home in the uk always out doing something . Why is here so different as it's not us it's the place . We found an abundant amount of things to do back home . Left due to the economy so of course we are unsure about going back .
The place was great just work and money is a problem. Here is dull but jobs and money better . That's why we wondered if gold coast being busier would balance out what we were looking for .
I understand some of you like Perth and seem to be ok here and keep busy
That definitely helps . But must say it's not somewhere I would want to call home
What's dull to you then? There's events held every weekend here, for instance Beaufort st festival last weekened, not quite Notting Hill but a great day out. Where you live in Perth can really make or break it, we live 7km out from the city in Yokine, right in the middle of all the action but without the million dollar price tags. I also come from the midlands having spent 7 years in London, lived in Melb and Syd and Brisbane but find Perth has just as much going on if you know take a look for it

Last edited by jimbo_d; Nov 15th 2011 at 3:09 am.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 3:17 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
LOL! Bix we all know who the boss is in any marriage!!
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
HE was turned into a quilt several days ago and is looking a bit 'patched up' and if you are not careful, you too will become part of Eddies 'Quilt of Man'.
I noticed she seemed very au fait with straightjacket operation.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
You could certainly try Brisbane, at least it isnt quite as isolated as Perth. I could never live in Perth but it appeals to others, in fact I wouldn't choose to live anywhere in Australia other than the Brisbane area.
gee. is this post purely so Australia can get bashed up?
Old Nov 15th 2011, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
What's dull to you then? There's events held every weekend here, for instance Beaufort st festival last weekened, not quite Notting Hill but a great day out. Where you live in Perth can really make or break it, we live 7km out from the city in Yokine, right in the middle of all the action but without the million dollar price tags. I also come from the midlands having spent 7 years in London, lived in Melb and Syd and Brisbane but find Perth has just as much going on if you know take a look for it
Your Beaufort street market is 1 and a bit hours away ! Great you live near the city no wonder you got things to do . I live in suburbia , there are 7 of us and cannot afford the size house we need where we live let alone yokine
Old Nov 15th 2011, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

It's a lot of factors why we want to move
Friends we have a few here we went to a get together the other day
I have met some lovely people I have been to a play group too .
We find Perth isolated dull and not much to see and do and feel anyone who thinks Perth has a lot going for it must of come from somewhere deprived . As Perth has to be the dullest city I have ever been to . I aak those that love Perth did you come from a village or crime ridden area in the uk .... I am stating what expats have said to me , you been well travelled been all around oz? . As I have honestly found those that love Perth there is good reason . And each to their own . I left the uk for a new start better life for the kids
They are pretty happy keeping busy working surfing cheerleading etc .
We were used to 37 years being townies and we have come to the most isolated place in the most isolated city , lots of ozzies who live near the city who bought years ago one woman paid $23,000 for her cottesloe home now worth $1.2 mil . She said to me yesterday why the hell live in the most isolated place . we said because we can't afford to live closer to things .
The other lady who was born and bred here said get out go to Queensland , so many more opportunities . She said her daughter sings and could not find places to work As not much going on here . But she has done well in Queensland As more over there . This is hence my post I wonder which of you feel the same . I know there are people that like Perth . This is a dull city and even people I know have active busy and working lives would like to move .
So I know it's not just a baby or a friend circle I just dont feel Perth suburban life is for a busy person like or people like us . We never used to be in our home in the uk always out doing something . Why is here so different as it's not us it's the place . We found an abundant amount of things to do back home . Left due to the economy so of course we are unsure about going back .
The place was great just work and money is a problem. Here is dull but jobs and money better . That's why we wondered if gold coast being busier would balance out what we were looking for .
I understand some of you like Perth and seem to be ok here and keep busy
That definitely helps . But must say it's not somewhere I would want to call home
While I feel for you as unhappiness is horrible I have two pieces of advice:
1. Stop bagging Perth to people who choose to live here. Can you imagine an Australian couple moving to wherever you are from in the UK and bagging the place out - how popular thay would be? Its bad manners and counter-productive.
2. I live in Perth am am never bored and am constantly out doings things. So maybe it is YOU and not the PLACE. Money can be restricting, yes, and when you have a new born child is it really possible to be out and about constantly (especially when you don't have support network to babysit?)

You might be here for a while before making a move so you are really going to simply make the most of it, be positive (you will make more friends that way) and seriously, Perth is a lovely city with great weather and while it is not for everybody, if you can't enjoy any element of it, I really think an attitude adjustment is needed.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, you don't live in Perth, you live in Secret Harbour, which is 50km away. So you might find Secret Harbour boring, but you don't really live in Perth to judge it. It's like saying you live in, say, Grantham but that Nottingham's boring.

(I live closer than that, but I consider that I live NEAR Perth, not in it).
Old Nov 15th 2011, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Your Beaufort street market is 1 and a bit hours away ! Great you live near the city no wonder you got things to do . I live in suburbia , there are 7 of us and cannot afford the size house we need where we live let alone yokine
Live not far from Beaufort St Festival and a bit like a country fete. Ok if that's all you want but didn't even bother to attend this years myself. Same for the yearly High Park Festival. Ok for an hour if nothing else doing, but to make a day of it would be a bit of a call surely? For folk that arrived in recent years I would endorse Perth house prices are a rip off along with a lot of other price tags here. Bruce and sheila there are plenty of others with similar thoughts including a number of Aussies.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussietobe
gee. is this post purely so Australia can get bashed up?
I Don't consider Australia Perth,do you? If some person states Brisbane is, in their eyes, preferable to Perth then so what?
Old Nov 15th 2011, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by aussietobe
While I feel for you as unhappiness is horrible I have two pieces of advice:
1. Stop bagging Perth to people who choose to live here. Can you imagine an Australian couple moving to wherever you are from in the UK and bagging the place out - how popular thay would be? Its bad manners and counter-productive.
2. I live in Perth am am never bored and am constantly out doings things. So maybe it is YOU and not the PLACE. Money can be restricting, yes, and when you have a new born child is it really possible to be out and about constantly (especially when you don't have support network to babysit?)

You might be here for a while before making a move so you are really going to simply make the most of it, be positive (you will make more friends that way) and seriously, Perth is a lovely city with great weather and while it is not for everybody, if you can't enjoy any element of it, I really think an attitude adjustment is needed.
Being a comment forum I would have thought that the poster could write whatever they feel to say about Perth as long as it is not offensive.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

To northern bird

I can't honestly see why I am a problem and people would not want to meet up . I say it how I see it if that offends people ( tough) as I am not one to pretend my life here is great . That does not mean I am not wort meeting
Or chatting to . I have found a few people on here critical rude
And defensive they are the people I do not want to meet as choose my friends carefully
Don't be too concerned. Just the usual group of malcontents, whom appear to find it difficult to accept that some find fault with Perth.
Lots of folk find agreement with parts of what you say regardless of where they originated from. Some defense goes a little overboard to my way of thinking as if they are trying to convince themselves of what they write.
I mean why would anyone be so constantly in defense of an arguement that has raged for ages with regards to the eternal question'Is Perth Boring'.
Answer seems to always reconfirm to many it certainly is while to others it isn't.
Some may change positions in time to the other side if here long enough.
Don't be put off guys. Keep the thoughts coming.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I noticed she seemed very au fait with straightjacket operation.
Thats coz I used to work in mental health

I'm also VERY familiar with ECT... And not just the kind you get sitting on a wet floor washing the inside of an oven wiyh a bucket of water and the power switched on...

HE could have told me I'd end up singed.....
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Quote : don't be put off guys keep the thoughts going ....

Totally agree with you
and to the poster that thinks the sun shines out of perths isolated ass , I will bagg it as much as I like it's my thread and I was asking for responces from people who feel the same as I . Now if you don't then you knOw what you can do . Go and write on the threads of Perth the most fantastic Place on the planet threads ... Not many of those about .
Alot of Perth is boring or dull or expensive Posts . Mmmm wonder why ... Is it me or the place ! Lmao come an

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.