Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone feel stuck in Perth but want out ?

Anyone feel stuck in Perth but want out ?

Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:17 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone feel stuck in Perth but want out ?

If you think I am being critical I am sorry. If you have to stay here in Perth then you are just going to have to try and make the best of it, no point being miserable. By the sounds of it you have had a tough time of it recently from things you say and for that I sympathise. However, you are coming on here trying to meet people, arrange meet ups in Secret Harbour etc. Do you seriously think that people reading your posts would think, wow I would really like to meet this family. You have swapped a medium sized british town with lots of entertainment and facilities for a suburb with minimal facilities and a decent drive to the things that may interest you. It was never going to be an easy adjustment and isn't the fault of where you moved to, just that you ended up there because you had specific requirements for your rental needs.

Take up Eddies offer of a meet up, she is quite honestly one of my favourite people and will be your rock if you need her to be as she is so selfless. You need to talk to someone and Eddie's your man. In the meantime, take a walk on the beach, breathe in the fresh air and be grateful for the life you have, others are not quite so lucky.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:21 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
If you think I am being critical I am sorry. If you have to stay here in Perth then you are just going to have to try and make the best of it, no point being miserable. By the sounds of it you have had a tough time of it recently from things you say and for that I sympathise. However, you are coming on here trying to meet people, arrange meet ups in Secret Harbour etc. Do you seriously think that people reading your posts would think, wow I would really like to meet this family. You have swapped a medium sized british town with lots of entertainment and facilities for a suburb with minimal facilities and a decent drive to the things that may interest you. It was never going to be an easy adjustment and isn't the fault of where you moved to, just that you ended up there because you had specific requirements for your rental needs.

Take up Eddies offer of a meet up, she is quite honestly one of my favourite people and will be your rock if you need her to be as she is so selfless. You need to talk to someone and Eddie's your man. In the meantime, take a walk on the beach, breathe in the fresh air and be grateful for the life you have, others are not quite so lucky.
I too can vouch for Eddie being 'the man' to talk to
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

To northern bird

I can't honestly see why I am a problem and people would not want to meet up . I say it how I see it if that offends people ( tough) as I am not one to pretend my life here is great . That does not mean I am not wort meeting
Or chatting to . I have found a few people on here critical rude
And defensive they are the people I do not want to meet as choose my friends carefully
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
To northern bird

I can't honestly see why I am a problem and people would not want to meet up . I say it how I see it if that offends people ( tough) as I am not one to pretend my life here is great . That does not mean I am not wort meeting
And defensive they are the people I do not want to meet as choose my friends carefully
This explains why we havent met before now
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eddie007
This explains why we havent met before now
I guess it does
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it does
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You're obviously not happy with where you are nor the other properties you've been in since moving over. However having a baby is mega, moving to the other side of the world is mega. I honestly don't understand how you expect to find the busy, fun life you had back in the UK for 37 years here in one year during which time you've moved frequently and had a baby

Had you stayed in the UK your lives would have changed drastically just by having a baby, your 'getting out and about' would have slowed down considerably.

You're looking for something that can't, at the moment, be found anywhere as your hormones are still all over the place and you haven't had a chance to settle. Just my opinion obviously.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:49 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest after reading this thread now I'm not sure you would find Brisbane any better really. We are going back to the UK for many reasons, one of them can best be described as 'boredom' but that of course is for us and doesn't mean Brisbane is boring. I could never live in Perth as I said because of the isolation but others love that aspect of it.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:36 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kalenge
The idea that people who migrate to Perth all originate from some sleepy hollow is quite unfounded.
But I heard most take meds to tolerate it and keep them there.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix
But I heard most take meds to tolerate it and keep them there.
Yup, chemical restraints and copious amounts of alcohol... Work every time
Old Nov 15th 2011, 1:31 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, chemical restraints and copious amounts of alcohol... Work every time
It's so much better than those heavy chains they used to put on people.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix
It's so much better than those heavy chains they used to put on people.
And such a welcome relief from those thick heavy straight jackets... Jeez, summer in perf in one of those AINT summit I want to repeat any time soon...
Old Nov 15th 2011, 1:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

And such a welcome relief from those thick heavy straight jackets... Jeez, summer in perf in one of those AINT summit I want to repeat any time soon...
Especially with 2000 flies on your nose.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix
Especially with 2000 flies on your nose.
On yer nose and up yer nose, drinking from your eyes and mouth... It was TORTURE
Old Nov 15th 2011, 2:55 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

To northern bird

The problem is though that there is a fine line between saying at as you see it and being rude or offensive. I know in the past I have found some of your comments quite offensive - I believe you said the place was full of retards?? Im not having a go at you here or getting into an argument - just trying to point out that sometimes what we post or how we say something can make a big difference as to how people are perceived.
It`s hard moving to the other side of the world and finding out it doesn`t measure up for you personally can be a big kick in the guts. It looks like you are stuck here for now so either start doing the lotto every week (LOL!)or try to focus on any small positives you can find. It may help you if you look on it now as being a temporary move to Perth (light at the end of the tunnel/ getting your head round it type thing).
I too can vouch for Eddie - she is lovely you really should take her up on her offer.

Last edited by gobbyjock; Nov 15th 2011 at 2:58 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.