Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Fed Up With Cars Here?

Anyone Fed Up With Cars Here?

Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:56 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Fed Up With Cars Here?

In Victoria having them on if its not foggy is a offence (417).

However I do agree in some cases I would like to see bigger cars with smaller engines if that makes sense. At a reasonable price.

But I do actually like aussies cars I think the Holden commodore R8 307 is the duck nuts in appearance over any standard car (Dont pull a Aston out) I have ever seen.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:20 am
ABCDiamond

I think this comment sums up one of the main confusion problems...
I think you’re a bit confused.

Aren’t fog lights mostly yellow, The light’s you are talking about are driving lights.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/3119/fog-light-fury/

Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:24 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
At least in the U.K. you have rear fog lights as well so that you can blind people in both directions!!
That's one thing I DON"T miss... traffic sitting bumper to bumper and they all have rear fog light on..... Do they think the vehicle behind cannot see them.

Also, 3 or 4 days after the last sign of any fog...... and the fog light are still ON!
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:14 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from people driving too fast, too close and the fact they can't merge for toffee I hate badly adjusted headlights, a side-effect of not having a yearly car safety check I guess ...

The cars themselves? Dunno, I only care about ours ... a 2000 Nissan Pulsar (a rip-snorting 1.6), a 2008 Subaru Outback and 1971 MGB.

Reminds me, must fire up the MG and give it a blast, it's been a while now and the weather looks cracking for it.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:03 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
You get rear fog lights here too?
I find high beam much more effective
Old Jun 5th 2010, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Or put another way, New cars that hold their value very well as they get older
No, they are second hand junk, dealers tart them up, give them dodgy a rtc and sell them for a stupid price. Spend 6 grand and you will get something that will look ok now but will like a bag poo after 3 months. I got well stitched by a guy in Redland bay who called himself a "wholesaler" but advertised as private seller.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Talking about headlights, I have noticed a lot of cars that have got both the side light and headlight out on one side, yeah I know halogens can pop anytime but to have them both out takes some doing.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Can't agree with any of it apart from idiots driving with fog lights on and stupidly low speed limits. Cars here are so much better than in the UK and Europe, there's hardly any dirty diesel engines (just because they do more mpg doesn't make them more environmentally friendly), cars that are real cars not piddly little fiats and other such noddy cars. It's great having parking spaces that you can actually fit something larger than a hyundai getz into and not having to pay extortionate parking fees everywhere you go. Traffic wardens can even be quite friendly and in my experience have let me off a couple of times.

I can't understand why Europeans insist on driving stick shift cars too around towns and cities even, why when you can have a nice auto that will do the hard work for you?

Driving in Europe apart from the German and UK motorways is a total nightmare i.m.o.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
...stupidly low speed limits...
50kmph = 31mph
70kmph = 43mph
80kmph = 50mph
100kmph = 62mph
110kmph = 68mph

So not too different to the UK then! I think the 40kmph in school zones is a good idea and should be adopted by other countries.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

love aussie cars.i now have a nice fpv gt ba mk2 5.4ltr v8 semi auto.way better than the crappy 1.8 mondeo euro crap i did have
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darrellandsarah
love aussie cars.i now have a nice fpv gt ba mk2 5.4ltr v8 semi auto.way better than the crappy 1.8 mondeo euro crap i did have
Shweeet. Does it have whale skin hubcaps?
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:38 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by gmralston
No, they are second hand junk, dealers tart them up, give them dodgy a rtc and sell them for a stupid price. Spend 6 grand and you will get something that will look ok now but will like a bag poo after 3 months. I got well stitched by a guy in Redland bay who called himself a "wholesaler" but advertised as private seller.
I didn't even know of any Car dealer in Redland Bay

But I would not agree that all cars are as bad as that. Some will be of course, car dealers the world over, are all the same.

Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Shweeet. Does it have whale skin hubcaps?
I love that song.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:40 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tartankoala
110kmph = 68mph

So not too different to the UK then! I think the 40kmph in school zones is a good idea and should be adopted by other countries.
It's 70mph in the UK, an extra 2mph is legally allowed.

Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I love that song.
Im gonna drive that baby at 115 miles per hour getting 1 mile to the gallon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.