Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone fancy a drink in manly???

anyone fancy a drink in manly???

Old Oct 31st 2004, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough
Default anyone fancy a drink in manly???

Hey all,
We've been here a few weeks now and have not really met any people yet. Working at home is not the most sociable of jobs!! I talk to the birds on the balcony but they always go home early and won't come out for a drink.
So, anyone fancy a couple of beers and a chat in manly one evening this week? Nothing major, just a social.

Let us know if you're up for it

Nick and Fi
really need a
Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:06 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: anyone fancy a drink in manly???

Hiya,

Been here a couple of months. Been to a couple of the expat get togethers in Brisbane which have been great.
But - if you're organising a get together out that way I can drop by. Always keen to meet more people.

W
Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

There's a post lurking somewhere on today's board for 'Drinks n Nibbles in Sydney Hills District'. Come on over and meet a few Brits- next Saturday 6th. Not far to Manly from here and you'd be very welcome. No sea views I'm afraid, but a very nice bush outlook.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Perhaps I should make this a little clearer. Manly in Sydney North Shore not brisbane. Wanderlust do you still want to drop in for a drink. You must really need a beer!!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:01 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Oh....Doh! Sorry. There's a Manly up here too. (really embarassed now)

Ah - just trying to be sociable.

W. LOL
Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Oh....Doh! Sorry. There's a Manly up here too. (really embarassed now)

Ah - just trying to be sociable.

W. LOL
Whats wrong with you Wanderlust, little trip down to Sydney for a nights drinking? You up for it ??
Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:13 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Well.......ya know..... I would.... but my social calendar is just so full nowadays.......
Actually Polly - just realised I really do already have plans for that weekend. (tell you more next time I see you. wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!)

W
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

HeatherandTim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by igual
Hey all,
We've been here a few weeks now and have not really met any people yet. Working at home is not the most sociable of jobs!! I talk to the birds on the balcony but they always go home early and won't come out for a drink.
So, anyone fancy a couple of beers and a chat in manly one evening this week? Nothing major, just a social.

Let us know if you're up for it

Nick and Fi
really need a
I have sent you a private message
Old Nov 7th 2004, 8:52 am
Just Joined

IpswichToSydney is an unknown quantity at this point

I have sent you a PM - if you want a

Chad & Sharon