Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone fancie meet up in Newcastle?

Anyone fancie meet up in Newcastle?

Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Kelly-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone fancie meet up in Newcastle?

Hi there!

I know there have been a couple of Newcastle threads but nothing seems to have taken off so I thought i'd give this a go. I have a 2 year nursing contract in Perth but am still awaiting my visa like the rest of us Brits dying to get down under. These lovely long (sunny?) evenings certainly are a tast of things to come, so does anyone fancy taking advantage and organising a meet up somewhere in Town for a couple of cold ones and an Oz gossip?

Kelly x
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone fancie meet up in Newcastle?

Originally Posted by Kelly-T
Hi there!

I know there have been a couple of Newcastle threads but nothing seems to have taken off so I thought i'd give this a go. I have a 2 year nursing contract in Perth but am still awaiting my visa like the rest of us Brits dying to get down under. These lovely long (sunny?) evenings certainly are a tast of things to come, so does anyone fancy taking advantage and organising a meet up somewhere in Town for a couple of cold ones and an Oz gossip?

Kelly x
yes would like to meet up.
Think there was a meet a couple of months ago but could not make it.
There used to be e few families who met up but they have all gone to Oz leaving us stuck here trying to sell our house.

Lorna
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Anyone fancie meet up in Newcastle?

Hi Lorna,

I take it you guys are going to Brissy then, lovely, am sure your house will sell soon and you'll be off before you know it!

Can I just ask, if you're all set to go i'm presuming you have your visa all sorted, how long did it actually take to come through? Mines just been sent at the beginning of June, they have all the documentation but it seems a lottery as to how long it will take! Never mind, as long as I get there for Oz summer!

I'm just going on my own by the way, I have a couple of friends over there, are you off with family?

Kelly x
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

wendijohna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

Kelly x
we would be interestd in a meet, we are heading out to Perth on the 1st sept, myself wendy oh steve and three boys..cant wait although hitting the stressfull time now..fantastic..
wendy
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi Wendy!

Wow Sept 1st, that really is just around the corner! Hopefully I should be heading off to Perth some time in Sep too, fingers crossed.

So, if you fancie a meet i thought we could try and arrange something for the end of this month? Lunch or glass of wine, whatever.

Let me know if your gonna be free.

Kelly x
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

wendijohna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wendy!

Wow Sept 1st, that really is just around the corner! Hopefully I should be heading off to Perth some time in Sep too, fingers crossed.

So, if you fancie a meet i thought we could try and arrange something for the end of this month? Lunch or glass of wine, whatever.

Let me know if your gonna be free.

Kelly x
Hi Kelly, sounds good to me..r you heading out alone?..let me kno where and when and i would love to come are you thinking partners and kids too?

wendy
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi Wendy!

Yip am heading out alone, no oh at the mo and no kids either, just fancie one big adventure! Also, if things dont work out long-term then the 2years experience with work there wont do my C.V. any harm. Staying with a couple of friends in South Perth for a week or so when I arrive.

If you or anyone else wants to bring oh or kids to meet up then thats absolutly fine. Let me know if theres anywhere in particulare you'd like to meet, if not i can suggest a few places for the end of the month.

It would be nice to have an Oz gossip with others who are going, am sure i'm starting to bore the pants off my friends!

Kelly x
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough

Hi all we would be up for the meet up wish we were going to be on that plane in sept wendy lol .
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi all!

Just wanted to share my good news, my visa came through last week on the 15th.......Woo Hoo!!!

Cant believe thats all the red tape done, have been in a state of shock for a couple of days and now just feel really excited/nervous!

So, how does Fri 1st / Sat 2nd Aug sound for a meet up in town?

Kelly x