Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever made a claim with Letton Percival?

Anyone ever made a claim with Letton Percival?

Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:14 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone ever made a claim with Letton Percival?

Just wondered what they were like!!

Were given the details of another insurance company by our removal company, I just rang them up to speak to them about something and the lady answering the phone worried me big time, as she had never heard of our removal company and didnt think they did Insurance for households to Australia!! Worrying as removal company is Doree Bonner, I would of thought if your company had a contract with another company such as this that all staff would be aware of it!!

Anyway hence why we are now going to use Letton Percival, lady who answered the phone extreamly helpful and willing to help with everything, a start contrast from the other company!

But just wanted to know if anyone had used them and had to claim what the experience was like!!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:16 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone ever made a claim with Letton Percival?

Originally Posted by toon williams

Were given the details of another insurance company by our removal company, I just rang them up to speak to them about something and the lady answering the phone worried me big time, as she had never heard of our removal company and didnt think they did Insurance for households to Australia!! Worrying as removal company is Doree Bonner, I would of thought if your company had a contract with another company such as this that all staff would be aware of it!!

Anyway hence why we are now going to use Letton Percival, lady who answered the phone extreamly helpful and willing to help with everything, a start contrast from the other company!

But just wanted to know if anyone had used them and had to claim what the experience was like!!
I'm sure I saw a posting here only a few days ago where someone said they had to claim from LP and it was a doddle...
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:31 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
I'm sure I saw a posting here only a few days ago where someone said they had to claim from LP and it was a doddle...
Didnt see that one, but that would be good news!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Can you PM me with Letton Percival's contact details please.

Jane
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we had to put in a claim with Letton Percival and overall would rate them as being pretty good. The only thing to be aware of is that if you have a lot of damages, which could be classed as repairable then you have to provide estimates. We could not face the hassle of this after as we were just gutted about the whole thing and therefore just claimed for the basic stuff that couldnt possibly be repaired i.e. a computer desk which had broken in two down the middle, etc., and for this they agreed to pay up straight away.

I would recommend them.
Julia
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:27 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
Can you PM me with Letton Percival's contact details please.

Jane
Try this Letton Percival

Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by rodders39
Try this Letton Percival

Thank you
Old Nov 30th 2006, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I've just made a claim with them. I sent them an email detailing what was broken or missing and the approximate cost of replacement. They did ask if I'd got quotes for repair, I just said no as damage was past that. They accepted my email and the money has now been paid into my account - the easiest insurance claim I have ever made and I am extremely pleased I insured with them.

I am sure that had I insured with the shippers I would not have received a payout. LP asked that I mailed the shippers to hold them responsible which I did and the shippers reply was 'so what ?' Nice customer service !!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:02 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by ohippy
I've just made a claim with them. I sent them an email detailing what was broken or missing and the approximate cost of replacement. They did ask if I'd got quotes for repair, I just said no as damage was past that. They accepted my email and the money has now been paid into my account - the easiest insurance claim I have ever made and I am extremely pleased I insured with them.

I am sure that had I insured with the shippers I would not have received a payout. LP asked that I mailed the shippers to hold them responsible which I did and the shippers reply was 'so what ?' Nice customer service !!

Dare we ask who the shippers were??
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Dare we ask who the shippers were??
It was one with a fab rep on here, John Masons. I can't say their customer service impressed me one bit once I'd paid up apart from having to come back because hubby forgot to tell them to pack something. I had phone calls unanswered and the woman was never there when I rang always in meetings or at lunch with few calls returned. One of the items damaged was a metal curtain pole which has been bent to fit in a box. In my opinion any good company would want to follow this up to ensure it didn't happen to anyone else, not have the attitude that as we weren't insured with them it didn't matter.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:34 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
Hi we had to put in a claim with Letton Percival and overall would rate them as being pretty good. The only thing to be aware of is that if you have a lot of damages, which could be classed as repairable then you have to provide estimates. We could not face the hassle of this after as we were just gutted about the whole thing and therefore just claimed for the basic stuff that couldnt possibly be repaired i.e. a computer desk which had broken in two down the middle, etc., and for this they agreed to pay up straight away.

I would recommend them.
Julia

Most insurance companies would have the same requirements to provide estimates for repairable items.

I found LP good, they didn't ask for estimates to repair items in our case because only a few things were damaged and the cost to replace wasn't that great. Most of our claim was based on items that were 'lost' by Allied Pickfords.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:19 am
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by ohippy
It was one with a fab rep on here, John Masons. I can't say their customer service impressed me one bit once I'd paid up apart from having to come back because hubby forgot to tell them to pack something. I had phone calls unanswered and the woman was never there when I rang always in meetings or at lunch with few calls returned. One of the items damaged was a metal curtain pole which has been bent to fit in a box. In my opinion any good company would want to follow this up to ensure it didn't happen to anyone else, not have the attitude that as we weren't insured with them it didn't matter.

I did get the impression from them when they came round that it was in "our" favour to take their insurance!! We have decided to go with Doree Bonner and LP for insurance!

But it amazes me the amount of people that work in front line jobs dealing with the general public that have the "I dont give a **** attitude!" I worked in Customer Services for years and always tried to ensure I treated people like I would want to be treated!!