Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by camacazi
fingers crossed for you gillian

we're about to do our medicals and police checks, did you do yours in downpatrick? maybe it was lynn
No we did our medicals in Larne and xrays in Antrim, not sure who did theirs in Downpatrick

gill
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Gillian,

Fingers crossed for you on the job hunting and the house selling - how did Mark get on with his chat with Pat? I sent u a msg on bebo telling you about our encounter with estate agents - some really are a nightmare :curse: !!!!

Sinead
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:03 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

We did r meds in downpatrick they r really nice and helpful they took my daughter and i into 1 room and my oh and sone in2 another . We had to wait for about and 20 mins was`nt long .Did i hear bebo mentioned in this thread lol
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by irishfamily
We did r meds in downpatrick they r really nice and helpful they took my daughter and i into 1 room and my oh and sone in2 another . We had to wait for about and 20 mins was`nt long .Did i hear bebo mentioned in this thread lol
i'm a bit paniky about what happens, our agent sent us a form to take with us, do we need one each? do the docs send the stuff off or do we and who to...agent or diac?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

i'm a bit paniky about what happens, our agent sent us a form to take with us, do we need one each? do the docs send the stuff off or do we and who to...agent or diac?

we did ours in downpatrick, it's all very straightforward and simple, nothing to panick about. the docs send away for you.

weel, last night was my final night out - thank god!! i'm fed up eating and boozing Having dinner with both our mums today and some champagne then thats it. have to start packing 2moro - WE LEAVE THURSDAY

Lynn xx
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sinurt
Hi Gillian,

Fingers crossed for you on the job hunting and the house selling - how did Mark get on with his chat with Pat? I sent u a msg on bebo telling you about our encounter with estate agents - some really are a nightmare :curse: !!!!

Sinead
Hi Sinead

Just saw your bebo message last night, but it wasnt working so couldnt reply, me and mark were out at his works do on friday, didnt get to bed until 4.30 sat morning!!!!! so we came home and went back to bed all day yesterday lol. What is it with certain estate agents in Larne eh, the only one I trust is Pat, she is looking out for our best interests and she is right what is the point dropping your price any more. It is really melting my head all this house selling lark (or non selling). Lets hope our time will come pretty soon

Gill
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by the4ofus
we did ours in downpatrick, it's all very straightforward and simple, nothing to panick about. the docs send away for you.

weel, last night was my final night out - thank god!! i'm fed up eating and boozing Having dinner with both our mums today and some champagne then thats it. have to start packing 2moro - WE LEAVE THURSDAY

Lynn xx
OMG lynn, can't believe your going on thursday

how you feeling, were you stayin when you get there?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

OMG lynn, can't believe your going on thursday

how you feeling, were you stayin when you get there?
today was terrible, we said goodbye to pauls sister, poor girl was in a terrible state - dont knw how she drove home to portaferry. then we had the shock of our lives - pauls dad appeared at the door when we were about to sit down to dinner. he works for shorts and lives in america so he was the last person we were expecting to see we are still reeing from the shock and ofcourse it was a great excuse to hit the wine again - just to settle my nerves ofcourse!!! we leave Wednesday morning,go to Dublin and stay overnight in the Burlington b4 lying out on Thursday. we are dreading wednesday morning

We have booked an apartment in Mooloolabah for 2 or 3 weeks wen we arrive. My mums cousin is there at present (she is 70 and was a £10 pom - lives in canberra) and will be there for a further 3 weeks when we get there. I've also contacted a girl who grew up besideme and live is mountain creek - she just moved there last year, so we are going to meet with her. the plan is to hire a car on monday, once we have a decent sleep!!!!

lynn xx
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

today was terrible, we said goodbye to pauls sister, poor girl was in a terrible state - dont knw how she drove home to portaferry. then we had the shock of our lives - pauls dad appeared at the door when we were about to sit down to dinner. he works for shorts and lives in america so he was the last person we were expecting to see we are still reeing from the shock and ofcourse it was a great excuse to hit the wine again - just to settle my nerves ofcourse!!! we leave Wednesday morning,go to Dublin and stay overnight in the Burlington b4 lying out on Thursday. we are dreading wednesday morning

We have booked an apartment in Mooloolabah for 2 or 3 weeks wen we arrive. My mums cousin is there at present (she is 70 and was a £10 pom - lives in canberra) and will be there for a further 3 weeks when we get there. I've also contacted a girl who grew up besideme and live is mountain creek - she just moved there last year, so we are going to meet with her. the plan is to hire a car on monday, once we have a decent sleep!!!!

lynn xx
g day lynn, and every one else
good Luck for Thursday, it all seems like a dream, it never sunk in what I was doing at the end.
We have been here over a week, got a lovely rental, new bedroom furniture and tv, and fridge, kids enrolled in schools, licences, medicare sorted, boy it is all exhausting, and I am sick of driving about in a car, went to a meetup on sunday had a barbie, the weather is great, have been so busy, to even think about home, got the phone in, and you can phone home for $1.20 for an hour, had to hire a car for another week, as havent had much chance to get one, so we are going this week, to sort that and jobs. There is some georgous houses over here, and every house in a developement are all different, there are also some wrecks too.
Bit of advice, get your money transferred over before you come, as you cant when you are over here from the uk.I contacted Hifix, and they wouldnt do it for me as I was over here, so I have to go through Sydney, on different terms, what ever that will be.
Hope every thing is going right for everyone there, nothing went right for us, until we got here, so hopefully our luck is changing.
Caroline hope youve got your house sorted, and Gillian anymore news? you will love it here, everyone is so friendly.
If you need to know anything let me know
take care
siobhan
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by the murrays
good Luck for Thursday, it all seems like a dream, it never sunk in what I was doing at the end.
We have been here over a week, got a lovely rental, new bedroom furniture and tv, and fridge, kids enrolled in schools, licences, medicare sorted, boy it is all exhausting, and I am sick of driving about in a car, went to a meetup on sunday had a barbie, the weather is great, have been so busy, to even think about home, got the phone in, and you can phone home for $1.20 for an hour, had to hire a car for another week, as havent had much chance to get one, so we are going this week, to sort that and jobs. There is some georgous houses over here, and every house in a developement are all different, there are also some wrecks too.
Bit of advice, get your money transferred over before you come, as you cant when you are over here from the uk.I contacted Hifix, and they wouldnt do it for me as I was over here, so I have to go through Sydney, on different terms, what ever that will be.
Hope every thing is going right for everyone there, nothing went right for us, until we got here, so hopefully our luck is changing.
Caroline hope youve got your house sorted, and Gillian anymore news? you will love it here, everyone is so friendly.
take care
siobhan
Siobhan great to hear from you. we are having a nigthmae regardin uggage - we only have20kg each an just cant squuze everything in. we're phoning couriers to see about snding some cases over. sounds like your getiing sorted, keep enoying and i'll speak toyou from theothr side!!!
Lynn xx
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the murrays
take care
siobhan
Hi Siobhan

Really pleased things are going well for you, where are you renting, we really like the look of bargara or coral cove.

No more new here, other than losing my bloomin job, got told last wednesday they were making my position redundant and I left on Thursday, lucky enough I will get 8 weeks pay so I will be ok for a couple of months, there is no hance of us selling our house anytime soon, we cant afford to drop our price anymore and anyway anybody who has still isnt selling, and we cant afford to rent it either as it would come close to covering the mortgage, I am so depressed right now I cant believe how bad our luck has been over the last year, couldnt take any more bad news right now. Sorry to be so negative

Gillian
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by markandgill
No more new here, other than losing my bloomin job, got told last wednesday they were making my position redundant and I left on Thursday, lucky enough I will get 8 weeks pay so I will be ok for a couple of months, there is no hance of us selling our house anytime soon, we cant afford to drop our price anymore and anyway anybody who has still isnt selling, and we cant afford to rent it either as it would come close to covering the mortgage, I am so depressed right now I cant believe how bad our luck has been over the last year, couldnt take any more bad news right now. Sorry to be so negative

Gillian
Hi Gillian,
I totally understand where you are coming from and I just wanted to reply and send you a big hug It's never good losing your job and I hope you can find something else in the meantime until things pick up (which I really hope they will). I think the only thing keeping me sane is that I am no longer in Norn Iron and our weather has been pretty good here - I am sure all the rain there only makes things worse
Try and remain positive - you WILL get to Oz soon
All the best,
Sinead
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey guys and gals,

just writing one final email from this side of the world. wot a day we've had - goodbyes are just bloody awful just tomorrow morning to go but i'm sure that will be the worst - its our parents leaving us to the bus.

we will keep in touch from australia and we hope to meet up with those that are settling around the sunshine coast.

take care all,

luv lynn xx
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey guys and gals,

just writing one final email from this side of the world. wot a day we've had - goodbyes are just bloody awful just tomorrow morning to go but i'm sure that will be the worst - its our parents leaving us to the bus.

we will keep in touch from australia and we hope to meet up with those that are settling around the sunshine coast.

take care all,

luv lynn xx
All the best for your new life down under Lynn, would love to have a get together when we finally get there

Luv Gillian & Mark
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sinurt
Hi Gillian,
I totally understand where you are coming from and I just wanted to reply and send you a big hug It's never good losing your job and I hope you can find something else in the meantime until things pick up (which I really hope they will). I think the only thing keeping me sane is that I am no longer in Norn Iron and our weather has been pretty good here - I am sure all the rain there only makes things worse
Try and remain positive - you WILL get to Oz soon
All the best,
Sinead

Aww thanks Sinead, i did have a really bad day yesterday was really feeling sorry for myself
Seen on Remax you have put on about paying stamp duty, have you had any interest yet that you know of

gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.