Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by Elaine & Nigel
Hi Guys

I suppose I shouldn't be posting on this thread anymore as i have already emigrated but just an update we arrived in Bundy a week ago and all I can say is all the tears and tantrums have been worth it.

We have been viewing rentals and applied for a few so fingers crossed. Hubby had a job offer within the 1st few days tho the hours wasnt suitable but he has an induction with the bakery in woolies next Saturday.

Kids have looked at a few schools tho my 10yr old would be happy if we didnt bother with that end of things.

Apparently its freezing here 21degrees roll on the summer

Everyone just hang in there it will be worth it

Elaine
hi elaine
hope to see you soon, have you went whale watching yet?
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by the murrays
hi elaine
hope to see you soon, have you went whale watching yet?
hey elaine weve been here since jan loving it
where you staying >
a few of us expats are meeting on 31st would you like to join us
have a look at the bundy thread
Teryna
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

How are you Lynn, bet its starting to fly now for you how was Cavan? Hope to see you around xmas, your only a couple of hours away.

Hi Siobhan,

Best of luck for the flight, I'm so pleased for you that your daughter has decided to take a year out and join you - oh, congrats on her offers for uni - she must be very bright!!!

We actually stayed in a place called Ballyconnell, it was lovely. The apartment looked out onto a marina - the erne-shannon waterway and Cora and I even got to exoerience a "lock" - it was facinating 'cos I didnt have a clue what was going to happen!!! We had a very "wet" weekend (I mean full of wine) but it was great.

Safe travels and hopefully we'll get to meet up soon.

Lynn xx
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi Lynn,

We are in Virginia Co. Cavan you should have come for a visit Glad you had a good time.........it rains a lot here doesn't it

Helena
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by camacazi
friggin ragin :curse::curse:
house sale has fallen through again

they wanted house a little closer to shops ,harbour and the buyer was in hairdressers yesterday and was talkin to my nosey next door neighbours sister, who decided to say a few things like our park was full of old people and my neighbour who has ms would really of liked someone who was going to live there all the time ( they were only going to use our house for summer and weekends) she only wants someone to run after her bloody ass like i'm doing at the minute ( but not for much longer)
think thats what ended it for them!

god i feel like gettin loaded
SOLD .....again!!
to the last buyers, came back on tue and said they still wanted house but 5k below askin price, we said no, came back today with full price

not celebrating until done an dusted
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by camacazi
SOLD .....again!!
to the last buyers, came back on tue and said they still wanted house but 5k below askin price, we said no, came back today with full price

not celebrating until done an dusted
Congratulations again Caroline, know what you mean about celebrating. We had a house sale fall through once, the 2nd time we insisted that contracts were exchanged within 10 days even though we didn't move in for 3 months.

These things happen for a reason, don't know what it is though.

Good Luck,

Lynne x
Old Aug 24th 2008, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone arrived of Friday morning, all went well singapore airlines were better than quantas, for any one booking flights book the new plane.
Friday morning 7.00am was 20 degrees in brisbane, the weather has been lovely since we arrived 25 degrees in bundy and its winter, cant belive we are here its all like a dream, just getting over the jetlag now, every thing so far has went to plan. Wake up every morning looking at the beach, its great.
It wont be long till your all over here.
Lynn Calundra is only a few hours away, we will have to meet around xmas. bet you cant wait, how long now?
Caroline good news with the house, 3rd time lucky its bound to go through this time. do you think you will be here for xmas.
Gillian how is things with you, hope you get over soon.
Must go going shopping now.
talk to you all soon.
siobhan
Its all worth it in the end
Old Aug 24th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi everyone arrived of Friday morning, all went well singapore airlines were better than quantas, for any one booking flights book the new plane.
Friday morning 7.00am was 20 degrees in brisbane, the weather has been lovely since we arrived 25 degrees in bundy and its winter, cant belive we are here its all like a dream, just getting over the jetlag now, every thing so far has went to plan. Wake up every morning looking at the beach, its great.
Lynn Calundra is only a few hours away, we will have to meet around xmas. bet you cant wait, how long now?
Caroline good news with the house, 3rd time lucky its bound to go through this time. do you think you will be here for xmas.
talk to you all soon.
siobhan
Hi Siobhan

Cant believe you are there You lucky thing, where are you staying at the minute, we are thinking of around Bargara.
Thnigs are ok here, just trying to be a bit more positive, there are a few of the lower priced houses selling around Larne, so we are really keeping our fingers crossed, worst case senario we will have a lovely holiday next April, all the best for you new life and we will see you sometime soon, keep us informed

Gillian
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

talk to you all soon.
siobhan
hi siobhan

glad you got there and everything going well

we were out last night and bumped into a few people we hadn't seen in a while and they were like...."i thought you were in australia!" I WISH!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

talk to you all soon.
siobhan

WOW cant believe you are there already, 2 weeks and that will be us too

11 days for us until we leave, dreading the goodbyes and not excited at all cos that thought is putting a dampener on my excitment Glad you got there safely, enjoy and kep us updated. Hope to speak to you soon

Lynn xx
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Well everyone, it was made official, was made redundant today, cant bloomin believe it, was told yesterday and cried from when I was told until I went to bed, I know that we are meant to be going to oz, but we just cant sell the house and have no spare cash to validate or rent, shouldnt really be posting on here really should I, everyone else has such good news, but I feel you are all my friends and I can talk to you, they gave me 8 weeks pay so I am eithe hoping for a new job or a bloody mirical in the house selling dept, anyway wont go on

Gill
Old Aug 28th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry to hear that Gillian

Can you not do what we have done and add onto our mortgage, change to interest only and rent the house out. The rent we get covers the mortgage payment and rates as well as the agents fees. It might be something to think about, it was all very easy to do.

Lynn xx
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by markandgill
Well everyone, it was made official, was made redundant today, cant bloomin believe it, was told yesterday and cried from when I was told until I went to bed, I know that we are meant to be going to oz, but we just cant sell the house and have no spare cash to validate or rent, shouldnt really be posting on here really should I, everyone else has such good news, but I feel you are all my friends and I can talk to you, they gave me 8 weeks pay so I am eithe hoping for a new job or a bloody mirical in the house selling dept, anyway wont go on

Gill
sorry to hear your bad news gillian where was it you worked?

wishing you all the best for a new job and house sale
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lynn and Caroline

I worked for Charles Hurst in Newtownabbey doing sales admin, cant believe they did it but oh well, I am getting 8 weeks pay from them, so it isnt too bad, cant really rent house out at the minute the rent wouldnt cover the mortgage and we dont have any spare cash to go with unfortunatley, so job hunting is the only answer at the minute

gill
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Lynn and Caroline

I worked for Charles Hurst in Newtownabbey doing sales admin, cant believe they did it but oh well, I am getting 8 weeks pay from them, so it isnt too bad, cant really rent house out at the minute the rent wouldnt cover the mortgage and we dont have any spare cash to go with unfortunatley, so job hunting is the only answer at the minute

gill
fingers crossed for you gillian

we're about to do our medicals and police checks, did you do yours in downpatrick? maybe it was lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.