Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by dcampbell
We would like to go before the year is out Nadine, but I think it will be wishful thinking. Wasnt going to use an agent at all but thinking we might now for the TRA assessment. Do you have a number for this lady? If its not too rude how much does she charge for the whole app? Got a good quote from Darren Chat from visa go, making me inclined to go for an agent lololol. Just think although its expensive, itll take some of the stress off, my 18 month old daughter is demanding alot of attention at the moment, cant go to the loo in peace lol.

Denise x
Here you go Denise

http://www.australianmigrations.com.au/web/offices.asp
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:56 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fairwayskid

Hey there, thanks alot! Think there has been so many recommendations here, ill just ring them all and see who sounds most professional as well as lighter on the wallet. I just keep thinking I could do it myself but I just cant be bothered anymore lol.

Where are yous heading to?

Denise xx
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

We would like to go before the year is out Nadine, but I think it will be wishful thinking. Wasnt going to use an agent at all but thinking we might now for the TRA assessment. Do you have a number for this lady? If its not too rude how much does she charge for the whole app? Got a good quote from Darren Chat from visa go, making me inclined to go for an agent lololol. Just think although its expensive, itll take some of the stress off, my 18 month old daughter is demanding alot of attention at the moment, cant go to the loo in peace lol.

Denise x
The TRA assessment is a nightmare and I know if we had not have used an agent we would have given up by now.
Our agent is called Byron Pugh and the web address is www.australianmigrations.com. there is an office in Dublin as well as in Brisbane the telephone number for the Dublin office is 016432311 I hope that works for you. If you call the Dublin office ask to speak to a girl called Mege.
Phone number for the Australian office is 0061732572272 if this does not get you through just check out the web address and the phone number is on there.
Our totat cost was approx £2600 that covers professional fees, TRA assessment,visa lodgement fees.

We would be lost if we hadnt used an agent

Hope this helps

Nadine
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Oh nadine, meant to say, we are heading for northern suburbs, around the currambine/kinross/joondalup area. Ive a lot of family there, and also it is a really lovely area!

Denise xx
We are looking at the South of the river from Fremantle down to the likes of Rockingham etc.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its usually me that's on the pc all day She asked to me to sign her up on this site last week and since then she is addicted

Where are you planning to move to and do you have any kids??
It really is addictive once you sign up to it.

We are heading to Perth hopefully south of the river.

We havent any kids as yet so I suppose that makes the move a little easier as we dont have to think about what affect it would have on the kids.lol

You any kiddies?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be
It really is addictive once you sign up to it.

We are heading to Perth hopefully south of the river.

We havent any kids as yet so I suppose that makes the move a little easier as we dont have to think about what affect it would have on the kids.lol

You any kiddies?
Yes girl 7 and boy 4. they never stop talking about being able to go to the beach and play in the swimming pool. Lets hope we get the visa.
I suppose its more for them as well as us we are doing this.
Kills me watching the kids mope around all winter when its to cold or when it NEVER stops raining so they have to stay in.

And if i hear i am bored and there is nothing to do again i will crack:curse:
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:11 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

The TRA assessment is a nightmare and I know if we had not have used an agent we would have given up by now.
Our agent is called Byron Pugh and the web address is www.australianmigrations.com. there is an office in Dublin as well as in Brisbane the telephone number for the Dublin office is 016432311 I hope that works for you. If you call the Dublin office ask to speak to a girl called Mege.
Phone number for the Australian office is 0061732572272 if this does not get you through just check out the web address and the phone number is on there.
Our totat cost was approx £2600 that covers professional fees, TRA assessment,visa lodgement fees.

We would be lost if we hadnt used an agent

Hope this helps

Nadine
Thanks Nadine

No way I cant believe that is what your costs are. Ive had varying quotes, one being 4500 quid which I thought was a joke. What type of visa did you apply for? Im ringing your agent in the morning (as I do cartwheels around the living room lol)

No kiddies will make things easier for you. Im dreading doing the flight with our Izzie shell be really fed up but sure thats ages away. Anyways having kids in Ozzy hospitals according to our David is far better than here, and a nicer place to start a family

Denise x
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes girl 7 and boy 4. they never stop talking about being able to go to the beach and play in the swimming pool. Lets hope we get the visa.
I suppose its more for them as well as us we are doing this.
Kills me watching the kids mope around all winter when its to cold or when it NEVER stops raining so they have to stay in.

And if i hear i am bored and there is nothing to do again i will crack:curse:

Im sure the kids are dead excited Australia has to be the best place to bring up kids they have a much better lifestyle and it is such a nightmare that they cant get outside I am a childminder and the kids love to be outside but sometimes that is nearly impossible.

Im sure I will hear from you all tomorrow I prob should get of the computer LOL

Nadine
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im sure the kids are dead excited Australia has to be the best place to bring up kids they have a much better lifestyle and it is such a nightmare that they cant get outside I am a childminder and the kids love to be outside but sometimes that is nearly impossible.

Im sure I will hear from you all tomorrow I prob should get of the computer LOL

Nadine
Night and hope you hear news soon
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Nadine

No way I cant believe that is what your costs are. Ive had varying quotes, one being 4500 quid which I thought was a joke. What type of visa did you apply for? Im ringing your agent in the morning (as I do cartwheels around the living room lol)

No kiddies will make things easier for you. Im dreading doing the flight with our Izzie shell be really fed up but sure thats ages away. Anyways having kids in Ozzy hospitals according to our David is far better than here, and a nicer place to start a family

Denise x
I did hear that about having kids in Aus LOL

I hope my husband has the correct costs down so if it is wrong I will apologise in advance LOL. You should try calling them now as it is after 9am with them now this would be a good time to get hold of someone

We have applied for a 175 skilled visa.

Nadine
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Nadine

Denise x
We are applying for a 175 visa and for the service you get and the price you pay you cant go wrong. The amount of help they provide is excellent. You hear a lot of people saying that agents dont do much but i would hate to try and go it alone.Plus using an agent means there will be no mistakes along the way as they will point out your mistakes before its lodged

Paddy
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:21 pm
get me to perth

I did hear that about having kids in Aus LOL

I hope my husband has the correct costs down so if it is wrong I will apologise in advance LOL. You should try calling them now as it is after 9am with them now this would be a good time to get hold of someone

We have applied for a 175 skilled visa.

Nadine
Aye ours is a 175 too. Well good night I see your dragging yourself off your PC. This things is so addictive lol.

Denise
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:26 pm
get me to perth

We are applying for a 175 visa and for the service you get and the price you pay you cant go wrong. The amount of help they provide is excellent. You hear a lot of people saying that agents dont do much but i would hate to try and go it alone.Plus using an agent means there will be no mistakes along the way as they will point out your mistakes before its lodged

Paddy

Thanks Paddy

Yea, i think the old ' DIY' pride is just going to have to take a knocking, because Im too afraid of it going tits up! Defo think it will be better now judging from what some people have said here, especially for TRA, sometimes I think we should just do a sponsorship visa and be done with it but think its better to do it this way if we can rather than having David have to sponsor us. It would be lovely if Aussie system was as easy as ours, then we could just arrive when it suits us lol.

Denise xx
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

It would be lovely if Aussie system was as easy as ours, then we could just arrive when it suits us lol.

And get the welfare when you arrive

What does your OH do?. The 175 is the way to go as they call it the golden ticket so you can go where you want and work at what ever you want
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Hi! We're another family form NI hoping to move to the Gold Coast some time this year. We applied under the old 136 MODL in August and are patiently waiting for full ack and then a CO. We too have earmarked Pacific Pines but I guess will make more of a decision when we get there and look around. We have 2 girls - 13 next month and 5 so schools are a priority as is work for the OH ofcourse

Best of luck to all

Lynn xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.