Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:37 am
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi everyone

Can I join the peeved off depressed crowd

I am so fed up waiting to hear something about our visa, I found a form on the immi website to find out the status of your visa, so I am going to fill it in tonight, can really get much info from our agent. We still havent even got a file reference number or even full ack

Lets hope someone will get some good news this week

Gillian
Yes you can but theres no point in swearing cos this stupid effing thing blanks it out (still ranting about that)

I heard from someone that the online apps are being processed much before the paper ones. Did your agents do it online?

Denise
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dcampbell
Yes you can but theres no point in swearing cos this stupid effing thing blanks it out (still ranting about that)

I heard from someone that the online apps are being processed much before the paper ones. Did your agents do it online?

Denise
unfortunately Denise you are right the online app's are being processed quicker than the paper based for some reason. This is a nightmare for those that are paper based. I feel for you Gillian and I am sure you are going mad.

Try calling your agent for a chat to see if you get any info out of them. Its went on a bit to long ........to not even have a reference number We got our reference number the day after we lodged our visa It was with the Ack email.
It won't do any harm to pester the agent thats what you pay them for.(who are you using?)

Nadine

Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Ours was a paper based application, it was lodged by our agent who is based in Australia - Irish Bentley Lawers, there are a few other people that havent heard anything aswell, some people have went straight to case officer, think I will get Mark to contact agent to chase it up again, the money was taken two weeks before Christmas from our agent so we know that they have the application we just still dont have full ack yet

Gillian
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Nadine,

Are you using the same agent as us, the one from Kildare? You seem to have a lot more luck with them than we do Any time I email or phone them, they are very curt with me - its like I pester them constantly and really I've only sent about 4 emails to them. Afterall, what did we pay the guts of £1300 for

Still getting nowhere fast.

Joining Curves tonight - hope to tone up a bit

Lynn xx
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Nadine,

Are you using the same agent as us, the one from Kildare? You seem to have a lot more luck with them than we do Any time I email or phone them, they are very curt with me - its like I pester them constantly and really I've only sent about 4 emails to them. Afterall, what did we pay the guts of £1300 for

Lynn xx
I know how you feel lynn, you feel like you are pestering them, even thought that is what they have been paid for
The last time we contacted our agent was Jan 31st, I didnt think it was that long ago, so I think it is time for another e mail!!!
Suppose they have loads of people ringing up and emailing them asking the same thing, but there is no need to be off with us, must admit our agent has been pretty good, when we email he reponds quite quickly and is really nice about it.

Good luck with curves, I have meant to be on a healthy eating and exercising routine since Jan, but just cant get myself motivated, just so fed up with this visa and house stuff I just cant be bothered

Gillian
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Nadine,

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn,

I was in Curves for over a year and I think it is a rip off I spent EUR1,000 membership over the time I want there and I was the same dress size when I finished as when I started I went at least 5 days a week. A lot of women I know that went there left because they thought it was a rip off. Hope it works for you, good luck

Helena
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

cheer up everyone it wont be long, I know the waiting is crap, I had to wait 8 months on our visa, it nearly done my head in checking emails every day, I seemed to be forgot about while others where getting their visas 2 months before me, and they had sent meds even 2 months after me, It all depends on your case officer, although she was slower she delivered in the end, and thats all that matters that you get the visa.
Saying that once you get it it gets very exciting but also more stressful, I havent slept a full night sleep in 2 months, worrying about house being sold and other things.
I think some of you have the right idea and put the house up early, online visas are processed quicker now, so thats good news for those who have applied after sept. So you wont have to wait the 8 months like we had to.
keep them spirits up karma to all you norn ireland folk
siobhan
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the murrays
cheer up everyone it wont be long, I know the waiting is crap, I had to wait 8 months on our visa, it nearly done my head in checking emails every day, I seemed to be forgot about while others where getting their visas 2 months before me, and they had sent meds even 2 months after me, It all depends on your case officer, although she was slower she delivered in the end, and thats all that matters that you get the visa.
Saying that once you get it it gets very exciting but also more stressful, I havent slept a full night sleep in 2 months, worrying about house being sold and other things.
I think some of you have the right idea and put the house up early, online visas are processed quicker now, so thats good news for those who have applied after sept. So you wont have to wait the 8 months like we had to.
keep them spirits up karma to all you norn ireland folk
siobhan
Cheers Siobhan

Arent we just a merry little bunch of people
Enough of the negative vibes eh, what are we like, to be honest the last couple of months have been worse for me, as you said seeing everyone else, get full ack, then case officer and visa grant but really for us it isnt a bad thing as I said to you on Saturday - it would be different if we had the house sold, and were waiting for the visa or even the visa and not being able to sell the house, lets all start thinking positive (well try anyway)

Gillian
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Nadine,

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn

Im not actually sure Lynn if I am using the same agent as you we are using Australia migrations we are dealing with Byron Pugh they have an office in dublin I think it is managed by Liz O'hagan and Mege.
Byron has given alot of her time to us and it is her that we contact all the time and she always responds very quickly. If im having a very negative thinking day I will email her with loads of silly questions and she always set my mind at ease.

Its amazing how we are all feeling Crap today Esp you Gillian and I stil cant get the Karma to work.Im trying to send Happy vibes but cant LOL

Lynn good luck at Curves Im for weight watchers tonight havent been in 2 weeks and have been eating like a pig so I dread to see what I have put on.
Helend I sent an email off to the company you were telling me about and hope to hear from them soon but still not doing to bad a weight watchers ..............(well we will see after tonight ha ha)

Wel I went a walk earlier with the wee one I look after I put his wellie boots on and raincoats on and off we went , got wet but feel better for it. Now im hungry need food ha ha ha

Keep smiling everyone the Sun , the beach and the good life will be here soon.

Nadine
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rach25
Hello everyone
I'm originally from Belfast/Ballycastle but live in England now. Hoping to be in Adelaide in October, applied for spouse visa - still stressful. Any other Norn Iron peeps heading to Adelaide? Its a gorgeous city, lived there 2004 - 2005.
Rach
Hi Rach25
We are also heading Adelaide we had hoped to be out there for August /Sept but the way things are going we will be lucky to be there before christmas.Have you a suburb picked yet to live in as you were there before we have just decided on the southern suburbs.
Tom and Nikki
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Nadine,

You ARE using the same agent as us Wish had as much joy as you.

I've been a member of Curves before, I dont have a huge amount of inches to loose, I just want to get some exercise and tome up a bit. I also go to Slimming World on a Thursday night (sont have much luck there either )

Lynn xx
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:47 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Nadine,

You ARE using the same agent as us Wish had as much joy as you.

I've been a member of Curves before, I dont have a huge amount of inches to loose, I just want to get some exercise and tome up a bit. I also go to Slimming World on a Thursday night (sont have much luck there either )

Lynn xx

The only solution for me would be to get my jaw wired

Denise
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

The only solution for me would be to get my jaw wired

Denise

Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:09 pm
get me to perth

in fact, im eating a penguin as we speak. (of the chocolate biscuit variety of course )
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

in fact, im eating a penguin as we speak. (of the chocolate biscuit variety of course )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.