Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Feb 17th 2008, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi Helena

Thanks for info. The hotel isnt to badly priced. I am jut checking online just to see what sort of price we will get flights for.

It seems at the mo that flting from Belfast is working out cheaper.

When is it you head away? In case I dont see you on here Make sure and have a great time when you are away.

Nadine
Hiye Nadine,

We are going to NY 31st March but we are staying in the Clarion Hotel the night before because the flight is very early in the morning and I don't fancy driving from Cavan to Dublin airport at 4am

Helena
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helena39
Hiye Nadine,

We are going to NY 31st March but we are staying in the Clarion Hotel the night before because the flight is very early in the morning and I don't fancy driving from Cavan to Dublin airport at 4am

Helena

Hi Helena

I bet you are looking forward to your trip away for some reason I thought it was this month you were heading away sorry bout that.
Your prob wiser to stay in the hotel the night before.

Did you ever get anything sorted regarding your medicals? Where you think you will go for them?

Nadine
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Hi Helena

I bet you are looking forward to your trip away for some reason I thought it was this month you were heading away sorry bout that.

Did you ever get anything sorted regarding your medicals? Where you think you will go for them?

Nadine
anyone watch the news 2nite?

houses prices set to fall even more:curse:

really wish i sold last year when there was a big boom
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by camacazi

Hi Caroline

Thats not really what we wanted to hear. I never seen the news tonight.We have had our house on the market since beginning of new year and havent had any interest in it yet and prob not likely to get anyone interested in it now.
Damn thats a real Bummer

Nadine
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by camacazi

We seen that the news reported that house prices had dropped 20k from last years PEAK prices........

Peak being the main word here...........last year houses were selling in excess of 20 - 30k more than asking / valuation price.

I never seen anything on news saying that more de-creases were likely.

I agree that prices are dropping slightly but not as much as some people are claiming.........Some people have dropped price 40 - 50k and still not selling........Truth is NO houses are selling at the moment regardless of price or price drops.

I think poor press and peoples perception to what is actually being reported is scaring a lot of people at the moment............Houses have slowed but they are no slower than that 3 years ago so everyone hang in there
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:18 pm
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by markandgill
We seen that the news reported that house prices had dropped 20k from last years PEAK prices........

Peak being the main word here...........last year houses were selling in excess of 20 - 30k more than asking / valuation price.

I never seen anything on news saying that more de-creases were likely.

I agree that prices are dropping slightly but not as much as some people are claiming.........Some people have dropped price 40 - 50k and still not selling........Truth is NO houses are selling at the moment regardless of price or price drops.

I think poor press and peoples perception to what is actually being reported is scaring a lot of people at the moment............Houses have slowed but they are no slower than that 3 years ago so everyone hang in there

SCARE MONGERING

I would like to get my house sold too but the papers are full of mad dogs 'poop' lol. I do think there will be a leveling off, but not much more of a price drop. there is nothing wrong with the values, the problem is estate agents are not bringing in any commission and are bullying sellers into dropping prices to make a sale. There is no point in papers comparing selling of houses to last year, in a boom houses always sell quickly, just because the boom is over doesnt mean everyones house will never sell we just all have to be patient but its soooo damn hard not to screammmmmmm!!!!!!

At the minute I dont think we could give our houses away if we tried, theyd be wanting us to pay the stamp duty lol and come back once a month to do the gardens lololol.

PS im starting a thread regarding the belfast expo. I think it would be quite good to arrange a meet that day? There is a nice pub across the road from the kings hall, means we could all put faces to names and have a good ole barny about down under. So if anyone is interested reply to thread!

Denise xxx
(finally got computer working after missing 3 days of BE )
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dcampbell
SCARE MONGERING

I would like to get my house sold too but the papers are full of mad dogs 'poop' lol. I do think there will be a leveling off, but not much more of a price drop. there is nothing wrong with the values, the problem is estate agents are not bringing in any commission and are bullying sellers into dropping prices to make a sale. There is no point in papers comparing selling of houses to last year, in a boom houses always sell quickly, just because the boom is over doesnt mean everyones house will never sell we just all have to be patient but its soooo damn hard not to screammmmmmm!!!!!!

At the minute I dont think we could give our houses away if we tried, theyd be wanting us to pay the stamp duty lol and come back once a month to do the gardens lololol.

PS im starting a thread regarding the belfast expo. I think it would be quite good to arrange a meet that day? There is a nice pub across the road from the kings hall, means we could all put faces to names and have a good ole barny about down under. So if anyone is interested reply to thread!

Denise xxx
(finally got computer working after missing 3 days of BE )
We couldn't agree more

We are going to kings hall expo as well..............And yes.......the Kings Head would be a good place for a meet
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dcampbell

Denise xxx
Hi Denise

Where is the thread bout the belfast expo Darren and I are coming on the sat so might consider the meet up?

Nadine
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Denise

Where is the thread bout the belfast expo Darren and I are coming on the sat so might consider the meet up?

Nadine

Sorry Denise I found it I should have looked before I asked
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

alandnic is on a distinguished road

I don't want to worry anyone but our house was on the market for over a year before we sale agreed on Monday. We accepted 230k which was 50k under our initial asking price. House prices are without a doubt on their way down and I suspect they still have quite a way to go! Sorry but I think it's a little naive to think otherwise.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

hi everyone,

hope you are all well!

Houses are beginning to sell around here again, have seen a few sold signs around, so at least that is something - they were all sitting with for sale signs for ages.

Ah well, we won't have to worry about that for a while, and it'll be even longer if my bloomin ward manager continues to sit on this reference that I need to even get the ball rolling to get my skills assessed :curse: I hate that I have to wait at this early stage - I know there will be waiting later on, but am just frustrated that I can't even get the skills assessment ball rolling!

xo

Angela
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Angela

Have you still not got your reference from your ward manager My goodness how long does it take her to write a reference I am sure you are really frustrated:curse:

Thats good news that you are seeing some sold signs up Thank goodness.

How is everything else going for you? you must be working loads as I havent seen you on in a while

nadine
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Angela,

Why don't you write the reference yourself, email it to your ward manager and have her print it off on headed paper and sign. we had to do this with every employer my OH has had since leaving school, it was a pain in the ar*e but 6 months later we got there in the end And we passed TRA first go

Regarding house prices - ours has been up from middle of August, we've had 2 viewers EA keeps phoning asking me to drop the price but I'm not prepared to do so until we have the visa in our hands and are ready to go.

Hang in there everyone, hopefully we'll be on the up soon

Lynn xx
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

hi every one
hope to meet up with everyone at the expo also, kings head sounds good, around what time?
were putting house up for sale next week, Im really worried it will not be all sorted before we go in June. fed up with the news everynight about falling house prices, as someone said its the estate agents getting everyone to reduce prices so they get the sales. Although here in n.ireland peoples wages are not going up to pay the mortgages.
sick of these exchange rates also.
hope everyone gets good news soon regarding visas/house sales
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi Helena

Nadine
Hey Nadine,

There is a panal doc in Mullingar so I think we will go there. I am sure our agent initial said he was the cheapest and he is not to far away about 1 hour drive. We are not organizing them until we get a case officer because as everyone is saying I have no idea how long it will take to sell our house, cars, get Paddy's job and his claim sorted so we want to give ourselves enough time before we have to validate. I do not want to validate because of the expense but hopefully we won't have to. I want to go NOW
We have been watching the revisited WDU that we recorded and it is so depressing

Helena

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.