Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

[QUOTE=markandgill;7267605]Thanks Lynn

We are going to Bundy, Mark has a couple of interviews linned up there already, we are thinking we will share a container, we are not taking everything in the house, only have two bedrooms here and we are not taking any of our wardrobes or drawers, and only taking washing machine and dishwasher, but if we cant sell them we will bring them, more concerned about getting the two cars sold
did you take a full container, and who did you use?

Yes we brought everything and were so glad to see it we used McGimpseys - no problems at all and we got our container 2 days after moving into our house We brought our washing machine but about 3 weeks ago a wee part broke off it, I had to buy a new machine as no-one will work on it over here cos it doesn't have the Australian stamp (or something along those lines!) Wouldn't have been able to get the part. So bear that in mind when bringing white goods - our machine was only 2 years old so i thought it had a lot more life left in it Also sharing a container takes forever and you end up buying and then having double - i know a family who arrived the same day as us and only got their shared container 21st December

we took a big hit on our cars but atleast got rid of them both.

Good luck with the packing and sorting

Lynn xx
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

[QUOTE=the4ofus;7267926]
Originally Posted by markandgill
Thanks Lynn

We are going to Bundy, Mark has a couple of interviews linned up there already, we are thinking we will share a container, we are not taking everything in the house, only have two bedrooms here and we are not taking any of our wardrobes or drawers, and only taking washing machine and dishwasher, but if we cant sell them we will bring them, more concerned about getting the two cars sold
did you take a full container, and who did you use?

Yes we brought everything and were so glad to see it we used McGimpseys - no problems at all and we got our container 2 days after moving into our house We brought our washing machine but about 3 weeks ago a wee part broke off it, I had to buy a new machine as no-one will work on it over here cos it doesn't have the Australian stamp (or something along those lines!) Wouldn't have been able to get the part. So bear that in mind when bringing white goods - our machine was only 2 years old so i thought it had a lot more life left in it Also sharing a container takes forever and you end up buying and then having double - i know a family who arrived the same day as us and only got their shared container 21st December

we took a big hit on our cars but atleast got rid of them both.

Good luck with the packing and sorting

Lynn xx
Sorry for jumping in on your thread guys, but same thing happened to us washing maching packed in after a few weeks and then the telly couldnt get either fixed.

Gillian we've been in Bundy 6mths and loving it if you need anything don't be afraid to give us a shout.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Elaine & Nigel;7268245]
Originally Posted by the4ofus
Sorry for jumping in on your thread guys, but same thing happened to us washing maching packed in after a few weeks and then the telly couldnt get either fixed.

Gillian we've been in Bundy 6mths and loving it if you need anything don't be afraid to give us a shout.

Hi Elaine, thanks, im sure we will be calling in on the Bundy thread a few times before we go for a bit of advice lol, cant wait to finally get there

Gillian
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Great news Caroline and Gillian
Yes we will difinitely have to meet up this time, when the 2 of you get over and and get settled in, and Gillian and I could take a wee trip down to see caroline and Lynn, and yous two could come up to bundy for a wee night out !
Glad its finally coming together for you all.
Enjoy the last weekends yu have left, it will fly in.
Would recomend McGimpseys.
See you soon Gillian
siobhan
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by the murrays
Great news Caroline and Gillian
Yes we will difinitely have to meet up this time, when the 2 of you get over and and get settled in, and Gillian and I could take a wee trip down to see caroline and Lynn, and yous two could come up to bundy for a wee night out !
Glad its finally coming together for you all.
Enjoy the last weekends yu have left, it will fly in.
Would recomend McGimpseys.
See you soon Gillian
siobhan

Hi Soibhan

It will be great to meet up when we get there, we are renting a house in Bargara for the first week, think it is in Ryoden Place, but not sure, we are hoping to get a permanent rental there, so may be asking you about a few properties im looking at on the real estate website.
We had McGimspeys out today, I wasnt there but Mark was very impressed with them, they said we wouldnt need a full 20ft container, but it is just over the limit for a shared one, so they will just charge you for the space you use, which is great, and also they will bring the container to our house and fill it there, and do all the customs tagging there too, so we are just waiting on the quote coming back and when if we want to go ahead for them to come and start packing . One thing I wanted to ask, what insurance did you take, the guy said not that he is telling us not to take it, but that they never really have anything badly damaged, but I keep thinking of those containers on the beach!!!!! Think we will on insurance the expensive stuff
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi Soibhan

It will be great to meet up when we get there, we are renting a house in Bargara for the first week, think it is in Ryoden Place, but not sure, we are hoping to get a permanent rental there, so may be asking you about a few properties im looking at on the real estate website.
We had McGimspeys out today, I wasnt there but Mark was very impressed with them, they said we wouldnt need a full 20ft container, but it is just over the limit for a shared one, so they will just charge you for the space you use, which is great, and also they will bring the container to our house and fill it there, and do all the customs tagging there too, so we are just waiting on the quote coming back and when if we want to go ahead for them to come and start packing . One thing I wanted to ask, what insurance did you take, the guy said not that he is telling us not to take it, but that they never really have anything badly damaged, but I keep thinking of those containers on the beach!!!!! Think we will on insurance the expensive stuff
Hi,

I just got a quote from them and it was very good - door to door, packing, clearence etc....We are in Ireland and they where recommended to us.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone, need a bit of help, Just got our quote back from McGimspeys and am totallly shocked at the price, they have quoted us £4800 and that isnt even for a full container, can you all let me know what you paid and who it was with

Thanks

Gillian
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Hi everyone, need a bit of help, Just got our quote back from McGimspeys and am totallly shocked at the price, they have quoted us £4800 and that isnt even for a full container, can you all let me know what you paid and who it was with

Thanks

Gillian
I got mates rates with DSV I have mate there with my own haulage to and from Belfast so I had container for a week pack at my leisure [its still here]£300 for haulage shipping to Brisbane Quay side £1480 still have insurance to sort customs clearance plus haulage other side but a damm sight cheaper than Mc Gimpseys

If you dont have alot try caroline you may be able to share

Nev
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Thanks

Gillian
we paid £3600 with McGimpseys, that was for our own container, it wasn't full when packed either. Because yo are not sharing you are going to get charged for the whole container no matter what. Haggle with them a bit - our's was originally £3900. I also paid insurance on top of this as well as transport from Brisbane port to our house here - they only quoted for a 30 km radius. Maybe your price includes delivery to Bundaburg

Lynn xx
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the4ofus
we paid £3600 with McGimpseys, that was for our own container, it wasn't full when packed either. Because yo are not sharing you are going to get charged for the whole container no matter what. Haggle with them a bit - our's was originally £3900. I also paid insurance on top of this as well as transport from Brisbane port to our house here - they only quoted for a 30 km radius. Maybe your price includes delivery to Bundaburg

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn

Thats what I thought, we were told about £3600 for a full container, I wouldnt like to think they would charge you an extra £1000 to Bundaberg, Mark is going to ring them tomorrow anyway, and we have all route coming out tomorrow to give us a quote.

Thanks

Gillian
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Hi Soibhan

Hi Gillian
Thats no problem just let me know the address you want to check out , and I will let you know, Mc Gimseys were good, I had only one broken plate. They wrapped every really well, although its the other couriers over here that can be a bit rough. I would take the insurance. Even just to cover the amount of 1 thing you really would want covered, if something happened.
Talk soon Siobhan
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:58 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know of a girl who emigrated from Dromore, Co. Down to Melbourne, on this site? I was speaking to her Dad the other day in a shop and he mentioned she'd left for Melbourne with her family on 31st Dec and that she was an accountant, this is a long shot, but it'd be nice to talk to someone local about they're experiences....

Jen (who sounds like a stalker in this message, HAHA lol)
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone

Well we had All Route and Browns out today. Browns hasnt got back to us yet, but all route rang us a couple of hours ago, they can give us nearly half of a 40ft container shared with 2 other people, it is sitting in Belfast fully packed waiting for an extra load, the two loads on it are going to Brisbane and because ours would be last on they would be first off, so the guy said it should take about 6-8 weeks, he said he could do it for £2590. We are going up tomorrow to have a look at the container.
We are seriously considering going with them, but we will wait for the quote from Browns, and Pickfords are coming out on Monday too, so we will see what they say

Gillian
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:13 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let people know, the emigration expo, which was due to be at the Kings Hall in Belfast in March, and has been cancelled? Well having spoken to 'visa-go' today, they said that the government representatives that were meant to be going to the expo, will still be coming to Northern Ireland and instead be attending this seminar:

http://www.visa-go.com/p/migration-s...-belfast-I328/

tickets are a £5 and I think it might well be worthwhile going, if like me you're still waiting for your visa.

Jen

(PS Visa-go are agents, but I am not going with any agent, but having found out this today I thought I'd spread the word! Thought it only fair!)
Old Feb 21st 2009, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

well thats it folks, the furnitures all gone not much left to do now
we used browns removals and thought they were very good, arrived at 8.30 and were finished by 3.30, only thing was forgot to put matthews shoes and my pj's in suitcase, only remembered last nite oh well, just have to go to shops today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.