Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Aug 14th 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Hi Guys

I suppose I shouldn't be posting on this thread anymore as i have already emigrated but just an update we arrived in Bundy a week ago and all I can say is all the tears and tantrums have been worth it.

We have been viewing rentals and applied for a few so fingers crossed. Hubby had a job offer within the 1st few days tho the hours wasnt suitable but he has an induction with the bakery in woolies next Saturday.

Kids have looked at a few schools tho my 10yr old would be happy if we didnt bother with that end of things.

Apparently its freezing here 21degrees roll on the summer

Everyone just hang in there it will be worth it

Elaine
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elaine & Nigel
Hi Guys

I suppose I shouldn't be posting on this thread anymore as i have already emigrated but just an update we arrived in Bundy a week ago and all I can say is all the tears and tantrums have been worth it.

We have been viewing rentals and applied for a few so fingers crossed. Hubby had a job offer within the 1st few days tho the hours wasnt suitable but he has an induction with the bakery in woolies next Saturday.

Kids have looked at a few schools tho my 10yr old would be happy if we didnt bother with that end of things.

Elaine
Glad to see that you are settling well and good luck with the induction next week We won't be far behind you - we leave 3 weeks today Don't know how I feel at the minute - how was your final goodbyes? I'm dreading them

Lynn xx
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Hi Guys

Elaine
glad tohear you settled in so well elaine

lynn, those 3 weeks are gonna fly in what date is siobhan going?
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Glad to see that you are settling well and good luck with the induction next week We won't be far behind you - we leave 3 weeks today Don't know how I feel at the minute - how was your final goodbyes? I'm dreading them

Lynn xx
Lynn

No matter what i tell you about the goodbyes it won't prepare you, it made me question what the heck I was doing

Elaine
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=camacazi;6678779]glad tohear you settled in so well elaine

lynn, those 3 weeks are gonna fly in what date is siobhan going?

I know I think Siobhan is going next week. I finish work tomorrow, can't wait - I've been sitting for the last couple of weeks with nothing to do.

Lynn xx
Lynn

No matter what i tell you about the goodbyes it won't prepare you, it made me question what the heck I was doing

Elaine
OMG, please don't say that We are getting the bus from Gt Victoria St to dublin and staying there overnight, my dad etc. are going with us to the bus station. I dread it

Lynn xx
Old Aug 15th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by camacazi
hi every one, hows things?

just came back from great holiday on monday and guess what..........
sold the house yesterday!!!
a different cash buyer that are ready to move in, so all could happen in a month!!!
just got to get a rental but think theres one just down the road from us coming up so happy days
friggin ragin :curse::curse:
house sale has fallen through again

they wanted house a little closer to shops ,harbour and the buyer was in hairdressers yesterday and was talkin to my nosey next door neighbours sister, who decided to say a few things like our park was full of old people and my neighbour who has ms would really of liked someone who was going to live there all the time ( they were only going to use our house for summer and weekends) she only wants someone to run after her bloody ass like i'm doing at the minute ( but not for much longer)
think thats what ended it for them!

god i feel like gettin loaded
Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:07 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

god i feel like gettin loaded
Just had a meeting with three estate agents ... i think I might join you ... To the winemark ....!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Zambia
Just had a meeting with three estate agents ... i think I might join you ... To the winemark ....!!!!
ohhhh the stress!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 6:59 pm

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhh the stress!!!!
Actually meetings where very good after talking to several agents not a load of pionts of view. Sale Outlook is as usual terrible but at least all in decision is gone. there will be no attempt to sell the property, at all.

We are moving straight to Rental.

No that is decided we have had to cut the timeline for moving by three months. Looks like Xmas in Belfast is canceled.

So Your help is needed folks I need a movers , basically i need some blokes to take a load of furniture and pre-packed boxes in Belfast put them on a container and send it to Melbourne.

Can anyone recomend the movers they used and how much.

Any help would be great.

Cheers z

Last edited by Zambia; Aug 15th 2008 at 6:59 pm. Reason: bad spelling
Old Aug 15th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

ohhhh the stress!!!!
Go get loaded girl and get it out of your system
Old Aug 15th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nevsy
Go get loaded girl and get it out of your system
oh i am

actually know someone else thats very interested in house, their gonna give ea a ring 2moro to arrange a viewing
Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Zambia
Actually meetings where very good after talking to several agents not a load of pionts of view. Sale Outlook is as usual terrible but at least all in decision is gone. there will be no attempt to sell the property, at all.

We are moving straight to Rental.

No that is decided we have had to cut the timeline for moving by three months. Looks like Xmas in Belfast is canceled.

So Your help is needed folks I need a movers , basically i need some blokes to take a load of furniture and pre-packed boxes in Belfast put them on a container and send it to Melbourne.

Can anyone recomend the movers they used and how much.

Any help would be great.

Cheers z
We used McGimpseys and found them great

Lynn xx
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

If it keeps raining I will need a rowing boat to go work
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:37 am

I saw an old bloke in a tug full of animals floating Down Ladas drive yesterday

Thanks Lynn I will add them to the list

The List
McGimpseys
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone
has been very busy this last few days, cleared out and still load of stuff left, regret not going to more car boot sales, keep clearing out everyone. Good news though, Jenny got into Pharmacy Belfast and Dentistry in Liverpool, but has decided to take a year out and come with us for the year, and not 4 weeks, she is going to come back to study Dentisty in Liverpool, as her place is secure for next year, Happy days, although wished I knew this before I booked her a return ticket, do you think I could get her return date changed to next year?
Caroline sorry to hear about your house, dont worry it seems to be in demand so it will sell soon. Did you have a nice Holiday?
How are you Lynn, bet its starting to fly now for you how was Cavan? Hope to see you around xmas, your only a couple of hours away.
Had another party friday night, my brothers band came round and played for us, great surprize, and all free.
We leave in 3 days, still cant believe it going whale watching on friday night, as we are staying in Bargara for the first 2 weeks.
Hope every thing goes well for you all, and dont worry to much, as it really all does come together at the end.
Talk soon
siobhan and Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.