Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by Celtic Roses
Hi All, ok we are not N. Ireland can rep. people hop on board. We have been living in Co. Meath for 10 yrs, UK before that and now want to go to OZ, just come back from our reccie trip to Brisbane/Gold Coast, which we hadn't planned on taking but because visa was going to expire on March 8th we had to in the end. Although it is a costly trip it is worth doing because nothing is as it seems until you get there. We liked some suburbs of Brisbane a lot but settled on a suburb North Gold Coast simply because its beautiful but also got a lovely school organised for the two youngest although I don't know at this stage if we will ever get there as our house has been up for sale 8 months now and no valid offers yet (two offers quite good but these people also have to sell house and they have no offers at all in 8 months). We also have neighbours who are selling and they have dropped price 30,000 below us so setting a precadent for rest of us (understandbly desperate though as they have their new house built and ready to move into). Without house sale we just can't go, have checked out rental option but EA says there is oversupply of properties for sale in area by people who can't sell so no go there either. Anyway don't want to be all doom and gloom, April/May are meant to be best months to sell so fingers crossed. Great listening to all your stories and hope everyone is successful soon in securing Visa. Marie & Co.
Hi Marie,

We are not far from you in Virginia, Co. Cavan We are also looking at the Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast/Brisbane areas. Our application went in on Dec 20th so we are just waiting. It is very hard having to wait. Somedays you just think "what the hell are we doing this for". On those days we watch a positive WDU to cheer ourselves up
Best of luck with your house sale
Helena
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Marie,

We are not far from you in Virginia, Co. Cavan We are also looking at the Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast/Brisbane areas. Our application went in on Dec 20th so we are just waiting. It is very hard having to wait. Somedays you just think "what the hell are we doing this for". On those days we watch a positive WDU to cheer ourselves up
Helena
hi everyone

very quiet in here the last couple of days, were you all at

alana felt much better 2day so we went to streamvale farm and then ice skating. bumped into siobhan, hope she done better than me. darren and alana gave up after a few steps, i struggled round one lap with matthew and then one lap by myself god my legs were killing me, don't know how they do it on dancing on ice! is it any wonder they lose weight and get so toned up

c u later

caroline x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Havent posted on forum in a while I think I have been trying to stay off it and sit patiently waiting.

I decided to come on and say hello to everyone and let you know I havent forgotten you all I have just been staying of for a while as I have been a little frustrated with the whole visa thing but Im getting there and just taking each day at a time.

Hope you are all well and keeping spirits up.

Helena I will def pass on the message to Byron if we ever hear from her.

Take it easy

Chat soon

Nadine
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

dankate will become famous soon enoughdankate will become famous soon enough

hi nadine
danny from antrim here
i know how u feel i have a niece who has applied 3 months ago and is further than me, but we are doing this for the greater good so stick with it, it will be worth it, i have seen it and it is good
danny
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Hey all

Dont know if you guys have seen the vid http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524130

But it cheered me up no end and got me back to focus on why we are hoping to go in the first place
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:50 am
Marie

Celtic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the roughCeltic Roses is a jewel in the rough

Hi Marie,

Helena
Hi Helena, very close neighbours really, passed through Virginia on Sunday, had lunch in Crover House Hotel some miles from there. Good luck with Visa application know how hard the waiting is, have you a house to sell before you go? We went up Sunshine Coast on our reccie, absoutely gorgeous as is Gold Coast, Brisbane is a lovely city but we imagine as a family that we would make more use of the coast and we saw a lovely school in Gaven which is close to Coomera so hope to get to that area eventually. Fingers crossed for next few weeks on the house sale. Marie
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2...e6f2879zi1.gif

Havent posted on forum in a while I think I have been trying to stay off it and sit patiently waiting.

I decided to come on and say hello to everyone and let you know I havent forgotten you all I have just been staying of for a while as I have been a little frustrated with the whole visa thing but Im getting there and just taking each day at a time.

Hope you are all well and keeping spirits up.

Helena I will def pass on the message to Byron if we ever hear from her.

Take it easy

Chat soon

Nadine
Guess what Nadine Byron emailed us We got a full acknowledgement from DIAC I so SOOOOOOO excited She has advised us to organize our meds and pc's. It's great to hear some news

Helena
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Celtic Roses
Hi Helena, very close neighbours really, passed through Virginia on Sunday, had lunch in Crover House Hotel some miles from there. Good luck with Visa application know how hard the waiting is, have you a house to sell before you go? We went up Sunshine Coast on our reccie, absoutely gorgeous as is Gold Coast, Brisbane is a lovely city but we imagine as a family that we would make more use of the coast and we saw a lovely school in Gaven which is close to Coomera so hope to get to that area eventually. Fingers crossed for next few weeks on the house sale. Marie
Hi Marie,

I was at a wedding at the Crover house and we sang a concert there also (I am in a gospel choir). We cannot decide what to do about the house. I would like to sell it but the house attatched to us (new house) is sill not sold and its been finished over a year now The builder says that it is because our Sky dish is on the front of the house I said to them that we will move the dish if they do our back garden for us

Helena
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Guess what Nadine Byron emailed us We got a full acknowledgement from DIAC I so SOOOOOOO excited She has advised us to organize our meds and pc's. It's great to hear some news

Helena

Helena that is great news I am so pleased for you and I am sure that you are over the moon as well.

That has made my day hearing that from you.

All you need to do now is get on the phone and get the meds and PC booked.

Really pleased for you.

Nadine
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aus2be
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1...997a06cix0.gif

Helena that is great news I am so pleased for you and I am sure that you are over the moon as well.

That has made my day hearing that from you.

All you need to do now is get on the phone and get the meds and PC booked.

Really pleased for you.

Nadine
Thanks Nadine. Rang Paddy in work and he was really happy about it. Hope you have some good news to

Helena
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Nadine. Rang Paddy in work and he was really happy about it. Hope you have some good news to

Helena
Hopefully thats you on your way to getting a CO soon.

We are hoping as well that we hear something soon Unfortuantley there is nothing that we can do apart from wait.
Its not easy but I am hoping we will hear either way soon as I finish work in four weeks and if we are unfortunate and dont get visa I would like to know ASAP so I can start looking for jobs but hopefully it wont come to that but when you get to this stage you cant help but think what if.................

You will be on a natural high all day today then Happy Days

Nadine
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Morning All,

Just posted on the August 2007 thread

We got FULL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT today

Lynn xx
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Morning All,

Lynn xx

Happy days Lynn that is great news.

Helena got her full ack today as well so good news all round.
I am sure that you are in great form today.

Byron must be on a roll today with emails then (your using byron as well arent you?)

Nadine
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been following this thread.

Great news for those who were acknowledged , and best wishes for those who are still waiting .

The dreaded wait for me is awful, I cannot apply until July. Then I will have to wait some more!!!

Gary.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Morning All,

Lynn xx
great news lynn
it's good to hear something positive for a change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.