Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone emigrated own their tod?

anyone emigrated own their tod?

Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

muckypup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone emigrated own their tod?

is that just mad or should i do it anyway (job is already in the bag )
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:21 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone emigrated own their tod?

If you have no-one to leave, nothing to lose, and a job lined up (and a visa can be obtained) go for it! Life is an adventure, after all.

There is a long thread somewhere for singles, so have a look and jump on board.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:22 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muckypup
I did it.

Well okay so I have a sister in Oz but she is 4 hours away. I moved from UK in December last year to a place I'd never been to in the bush for a new job and new life.

And its awesome.......
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

muckypup is an unknown quantity at this point

is there any beaches in melboune ?
yeah if honest im a wee bit scared ,but in reality a bit bored in the uk too ,well done taking the plunge btw ,respect due!
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:58 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

is there any beaches in melboune ?
yeah if honest im a wee bit scared ,but in reality a bit bored in the uk too ,well done taking the plunge btw ,respect due!
Yes there are beaches in Melbourne - but most are no good for surfing as they dont get much swell due to being in the bay (so if you're a swimmer you'll be fine) - go a little further west though to Geelong/Torquay and you have awesome beaches like Bells.

Get yer sen over 'ere!
Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, theres loads of us who made the move on our own. Its actually initially not as hard as you might think. It gets hard when you have mioments of homesickness. But, then you go to the beach.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:56 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

I did to Cairns and I don't look back at all. Its brilliant.

Great move
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:18 am
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

This thread is good guys, will be doing it myself in WA.
Just whats the first thing you do though when you get there?
Like do you go, omg!! I'm here? how did this happen? and head for the bar?
Or do you go straight into organize mode? i.e get hotel, rent car, find apartment, buy car etc

Its exiting as much as its daunting!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Move yourself into a backpacker hostel when you get here. Even think about stretching to your own room. You'll meet loads of people and it's a good way to start here.

You'll also be surprised at the number of 'long termers' at the hostels in Australia.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Moving over initially wasnt too hard for me. I was just excited about it. When I arrived the panic set in a bit and freaked out about having to find a job, place to live etc.

Luckily I had the funds to survive for 4 months out of work and not have to slum it in a hostel. I think thats the difference between making it and not making it. If you have the money then you have enough behind you to let you persist in job hunting.

Plenty of opportunities to make friends here. Just give it a good effort.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

I own my tod. Who owns yours?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:29 am
beach bum

Originally Posted by slipshot
I own my tod. Who owns yours?

pffffffttttttt!

there's always one!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah I did. Best thing I ever did. 3 years in now and very settled, very happy. Had no friends, no place to live, no job lined up when I arrived and all got sorted pretty quickly. First 6 months were tough but its been plain sailing since then. Go for it!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Get yourself over here, its the best move you'll ever make.

the dooners
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

I will know in the next week about a job so maybe heading to Melbourne pronto myself ... solo!

I say got for it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.