Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is anyone embarking on Visa application to Perth?

Is anyone embarking on Visa application to Perth?

Old Nov 1st 2004, 11:52 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Question Is anyone embarking on Visa application to Perth?

Hi there,

My husband, kids and I are just beginning the process of Sponsored Business Visa Application and are looking at the Perth area to relocate to.

Is anyone out there undertaking the same? It would be really good to swap hints and tips and share the highs and lows with others in the same situation. Also, anyone who's been through it and can offer any advice - bring it on PLEASE!?

It seems such a long, uphill battle to achieve a Visa, please tell us it can be done. We are all really keen to relocate and are VERY enthusiastic. No doubt people will do their best to change this!

I look forward to hearing from all you wiser, more knowledgable people out there!

Thanks,

Julia and Paul (Hertfordshire, England).

P.S. Reading all the Banana Diaries has made us even more determined!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Is anyone embarking on Visa application to Perth?

Originally Posted by julesandco
Hi there,

My husband, kids and I are just beginning the process of Sponsored Business Visa Application and are looking at the Perth area to relocate to.

Is anyone out there undertaking the same? It would be really good to swap hints and tips and share the highs and lows with others in the same situation. Also, anyone who's been through it and can offer any advice - bring it on PLEASE!?

It seems such a long, uphill battle to achieve a Visa, please tell us it can be done. We are all really keen to relocate and are VERY enthusiastic. No doubt people will do their best to change this!

I look forward to hearing from all you wiser, more knowledgable people out there!

Thanks,

Julia and Paul (Hertfordshire, England).

P.S. Reading all the Banana Diaries has made us even more determined!
Julia and Paul

We're heading to Perth hopefully but are heading out under skilled independent - sponsored rather than business. That said, the Mrs runs her own business here so we've had to get tons of stuff proving work experience etc.

Started the process about 3 months ago and appear to have got stuck at the moment.

Happy to swap tips if we're the right 'sort'!!. Have you been to Perth before?
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:09 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

we are also heading for perth under skilled aus sponsered, we are just getting skills assessed by VETASSESS so just starting off really.

Although saying that JC my partner may have a job offer in sydney or melbourne so it could all be subject change.......

good luck

laura
x
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:10 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply!

It's a real minefield isn't it? They want so much information and you have to make sure that you fit every aspect of that "category" box!

Are you using a migration agent? We met up with one in London a few weeks ago and are using her to go through the process. I don't think I'd like to attempt it without one.

What made you choose Perth? Have you ever visisted? We've never been and just come back from a disaster holiday to Ireland - not the same by any stretch of the imagination, but we sat there thinking - "what if it's like this when we get there?"

What business does your wife run? We also have a business over here at the moment. We would either have to start something over there/buy into something or get sponsored by a company we are associated with over here. The latter would be ideal, but we have yet to convince them of that!

It's good to hear from you. Keep in touch and hopefully we can swap good/horror stories.

Take care,

Julia.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:17 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Julia

Perth is fab, i have been and its so beautiful. You will love it i am sure.

It reminds me of the states but much more laid back and more open spaces...

The reason i chose Perth is because my family live there, quite a lot of them now actually, they are going to sponsor us to go there.

The property also seems to be cheeper and the weather sounds great.

laura
x
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:44 pm

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your reply. It just seems like such a huge undertaking at this point in time to get through all the application. Others have done it - and we're not mass murderers, so I guess we'll just have to be patient and plod along.

What does the skilled assessment involve? The migration agent mentioned that Paul may have to have one, but I think we're going for a different sub-class now. If you don't tick all the boxes, you have to start on another category.

Good luck and if there's anything we can do in terms of swapping info, just ask!

Julia.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:49 pm

yes i agree the forms are a nightmare, we havent started them yet as just managed to fill in forms for skills assessment and get all copies done, what a nightmare!

The skills assessment is where you have to get your UK qualifications assessed to make sure that they are the equvialnt of aussie quals....jc had to send off his degree amongst loads other stuff. Untill they come back possitive you dont know if you can even apply to DIMIA, i think its a long wait aswell.

I am not sure if you will have to do this if you are setting up a business, at least your agent can advise you.

What business where you thinking of setting up?

laura
x
Old Nov 1st 2004, 2:50 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Is anyone embarking on Visa application to Perth?

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
yes i agree the forms are a nightmare, we havent started them yet as just managed to fill in forms for skills assessment and get all copies done, what a nightmare!

The skills assessment is where you have to get your UK qualifications assessed to make sure that they are the equvialnt of aussie quals....jc had to send off his degree amongst loads other stuff. Untill they come back possitive you dont know if you can even apply to DIMIA, i think its a long wait aswell.

I am not sure if you will have to do this if you are setting up a business, at least your agent can advise you.

What business where you thinking of setting up?

laura
x

Sorry guy's we already have our PR visa and head off to perth on Feb 4th
Keep smiling and it will all fall into place ....
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:22 pm

Nothing like being smug!!!

How long did it take you from start to finish to get your visa sorted?

Good luck. I hope it all goes really well for you!!

Julia.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:23 pm

We have a business over here selling ADT alarms and also vehicle tracking products. The manufacturer of these is based in New Zealand, so this may be a possibility. Apparently vehicle tracking is growing rapidly in Oz.

Anything to ease our passage over there would be good.

Julia
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Gary & Rach. is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Julia, Paul,
Cant help with the business visa, but we're just up the road in mid beds and going through the mix with all of this too. Just had TRA assessment back and proceeding with main application, hopefully to be in Perth in time for next christmas.

Anyway all the best with your application and i hope it goes well for you

Gary & Rach
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:28 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by julesandco
Nothing like being smug!!!

How long did it take you from start to finish to get your visa sorted?

Good luck. I hope it all goes really well for you!!

Julia.
sorry it wasn't meant to be smug !
We started the ball rolling in Oct 2002 by sending of the paperwork to the ACS
we then sent off the application to DIMIA August 2003 so all in all quite a while ....

Trust me its a ride and a half emotionally ...
but when that visa is in your passport its really hard to get rid of the grin
Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:09 pm

I was only joking (and more than a little jealous)! I can't believe how long these things take. Paperwork nightmare.

Congratulations on making it through. February isn't far away at all. Are you leaving loads of family and friends behind? Paul and I have both recently lost our Dads and I think the hardest thing for both of us will be leaving our Mums. Never mind - it's not the other side of the world (ah, well......).

Please keep in touch and let us know how things go in Perth. It will be really interesting to see how you find things from a first-hand perspective. I bet you've got tons of things to organise between now and then. All the best.

Julia.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is anyone embarking on Visa application to Perth?

Hi guys we too are off to Perth hopefully May next year.Just waiting to be called up for meds,should happen around December/January time.
The waiting is endless but as lots of others have said when it comes round
there is so much to do it will fly by.
We have second cousins that are out in Mandurah and write to them on ocassions.One of my friends and her family came out to Perth in April and fell in love with the place she has told me that it is fab.We shall have to see for ourselves.
We are looking forward to starting a new life in Perth but will come out and have a good look round etc before we make any final decisions next May.
The whole process is a bit of a rollercoaster but then hey so is life!.
Good Luck to everyone keep us all informed of how it all goes hey who know we shall have to all meet up.
Cheers Dreamaway
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:47 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Omg so many poeple coming to Perth..... its really a shocker it was small place once.

Last edited by Siren; Nov 1st 2004 at 8:55 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.