Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else waiting to transfer money?

Old Oct 28th 2003, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is anyone else waiting to transfer money?

I know the lovely days of $2.80 have gone, but all I want now is a reasonable rate and I have been watching it bounce all over the place for a couple of days now.
I have found out that these currency people normally give you about 1.5c lower than the average price you see on the Internet, but it never gets to the $2.41 level I want.

Is it getting on anyone else nerves?
Old Oct 28th 2003, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh its all such a bummer!!!!!!!

We will be in your position in about a months time

booboo
Old Oct 28th 2003, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is anyone else waiting to transfer money?

Originally posted by pabloako
I know the lovely days of $2.80 have gone, but all I want now is a reasonable rate and I have been watching it bounce all over the place for a couple of days now.
I have found out that these currency people normally give you about 1.5c lower than the average price you see on the Internet, but it never gets to the $2.41 level I want.

Hi pabloako

I've been transferin' funds since the beginnin' of October.

I have used XEtrade & TRANZFERS.

I managed to get A$2.47 at the start ... but since then, the best has been A$2.40.

Regards

Ian
Old Oct 28th 2003, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi pabloako

I've been transferin' funds since the beginnin' of October.

I have used XEtrade & TRANZFERS.

I managed to get A$2.47 at the start ... but since then, the best has been A$2.40.

Regards

Ian
Old Oct 28th 2003, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

HBgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup..right there with you.

Driving me mad.

Think i'm going to just go for it at some point this week or next, had enough of the dithering.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 3:37 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We are waiting to see if the interest rate goes up next week and if it makes a difference to the rate otherwise we will just go for it and have to forget the dream of 2.8 or even 2.5

Jo
Old Oct 28th 2003, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

bertie100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been waiting for the rates to go up to at least 2.5 - I doubt there's little chance of this.

Rather than think of what the rate has been - I'm just going to go for it.

I normally check

http://focus.comdirect.co.uk/en/quic...ncy/index.html

(found on another thread).
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

The money transfer company ( who want our business ) called today and said they expected the rate to go to 2.30 in the next few weeks.

Has anyone else heard this - or are they trying to get us to jump?

Ken
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:04 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the exchange rate shown on the Ceefax pages for example - the interbank rate - applies to amounts exceeding £1m. Not a problem, Mr Gates!

It does normally pay to change larger sums in one go, as you can negotiate a slightly better rate. If it means delaying while you organise the bigger sum, though, anything can happen.........

Some you win, some..........
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Halewood 3 weeks ago and got $2.42 (for the $100k bond) they will watch the rates for you if you set them a target to go for and buy at a specified rate