Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else waiting for 457 visa?

Anyone else waiting for 457 visa?

Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of
Question Anyone else waiting for 457 visa?

Hello everyone,
My husband has recently been offered a job in Perth, & will be sponsored on a 457 visa. The company have indicated it could be anything from 6 weeks - 9 months.
Has anyone got any experiences of the 457 visa?
How long are these currently taking to process, from application to flights?!
Leigh
Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone else waiting for 457 visa?

Hi Leigh!

We're going to Perth on a 457 next month. Start to finish, including medicals took 4 weeks. Our delay in getting there is just due to selling the house. 457's seem to be coming through really quickly at the moment. My hubby's company used an agent so that might have helped with the speed . Best of luck with it all. Maybe see you in Perth soon
TJ
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Hi TJ
Thanks for the quick response. 4 weeks!!!! That's scary but very exciting! :scared:
We will also need to sell our house but don't want to put it on the market until we definately have visas.
Did you have to have medicals or just x-rays? I've heard different experiences on this
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all

Hi
We are going to Melbourne on a 457 Visa. We put our application in on the 11th of January and was told it can take anything up to 4-8 weeks. Had the xrays done on the 18th of January. Had an E mail back on the 12th of January requesting a few more documents which I sent. E mailed the case officer back at the end of last week and found out that he had been on Holiday for 3 weeks. Received an E mail this morning stating that they are " Waiting for the LCU in Sydney to clear the x-rays" ?? What ever that means. But I am sure it will be close now because I am wanting to book flights and sort out renting my house out. I feel in limbo at the moment
Michael..
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I didn't need a medical but hubby did as he has an existing medical condition. We both had to have x-rays (they don't want you taking TB into the country ) and our 2 girls (aged 8 & 5) needed to have medicals only.

I think you'll need a medical if you're going to work either in medicine (ie a hospital) or in education.
TJ