Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else stupid enough to build a house......or is it just me!!!!!

Anyone else stupid enough to build a house......or is it just me!!!!!

Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:36 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all
Default Anyone else stupid enough to build a house......or is it just me!!!!!

We like and have settled in a place called Kingscliff , tweedshire.( QLD/NSW border)
When we first arrived here , found property very expensive , so decided the only way to get out of rented ....was build.

Just wondered who's out there doing the same thing........

Last edited by the plumber; Jun 6th 2005 at 4:39 am.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone else stupid enough to build a house......or is it just me!!!!!

Looks like it's just you!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
OK, I'll get back to the ironing
Old Jun 6th 2005, 6:01 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone else stupid enough to build a house......or is it just me!!!!!

Originally Posted by the plumber
We like and have settled in a place called Kingscliff , tweedshire.( QLD/NSW border)
When we first arrived here , found property very expensive , so decided the only way to get out of rented ....was build.

meeeeeeeeee we r building at the moment
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:19 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Go bananas is also building, search her name, good info.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

leonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant futureleonard has a brilliant future

It must be a plumber thing, as we also intend to build. I,ve been trying to find some indicative rates to try to budget cost the build, so any info you can give me would be appreciated.

Martin (also a plumber)
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

We were planning on building but I think it will be easier to buy one that has just been built, or even a display home and get a deal on the furniture, so when we move out there we can move right in.

We will be out there in July so we will get a better idea than.

Mark
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:30 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

We're building too. Nice little highset place. Retaining walls are done and the block's cleared and the pad cut,soil tests done. I've drawn the plans and they've gone to council, hopefully the builders will start on the 4th of next month
Old Jun 6th 2005, 10:03 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

hey biggy, wheres the pics of the hoose this week?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by soapy
hey biggy, wheres the pics of the hoose this week?

i havenae made them smaller yet....will do tho
Old Jun 6th 2005, 10:13 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
i havenae made them smaller yet....will do tho
well get a move on wumin
Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:34 pm

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

I suppose i could show you my slab........oh and the giant hole for the pool....

Last edited by the plumber; Jun 7th 2005 at 12:02 am.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:47 pm

try again......
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:03 am

sod it i'll try again later.......can't seem to upload for some reason......
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who thinks getting a house built (through a builder) is bad wait until you try renovating.

Im at the stage now where I am ready to rip the head off the next tradesman who either doesn't turn up, turns up & whinges about the job he's got to do or does a crappy job & expects to be paid more money than Bill Gates earns a week .

Anyone who is an owner builder & has to arrange tradesmen has my sympathy!!!

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jun 7th 2005 at 12:57 am.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by soapy
well get a move on wumin

be patient ya wee shite lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.