Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else still no got their $900 stimulous tax bouns thingy?

Is anyone else still no got their $900 stimulous tax bouns thingy?

Old May 13th 2009, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

mike08 is on a distinguished road
Default Is anyone else still no got their $900 stimulous tax bouns thingy?

Im still waiting, I checked on the tax website and entered the details from last yrs tax return and it says i definatly get it, it runs up to 16th may so I have a couple more days before I can ring up and ask but everyone else I have spoken to had it ages ago!!

Am I the only one waiting still?
Old May 13th 2009, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Is anyone else still no got their $900 stimulous tax bouns thingy?

and I cant seem to spell bonus today!!
Old May 13th 2009, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't got it and are eligible.
Old May 13th 2009, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I think they might be just keeping it from you . . . for your own protection sort of thing.
Old May 13th 2009, 4:17 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I haven't got mine, OH got his last week - guess I will have to phone up - we did our tax returns at the same time and I earn peanuts so should get it!
Old May 13th 2009, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
I haven't got mine, OH got his last week - guess I will have to phone up - we did our tax returns at the same time and I earn peanuts so should get it!
Do you earn so little that you didn't pay tax?
Old May 13th 2009, 4:19 am
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Still waiting as well.

Edit: have just done the online calculator and we're not eligible as something + something else - I don't what, isn't greater than zero.

Mint!

Last edited by dave7370; May 13th 2009 at 4:33 am.
Old May 13th 2009, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks now I know im not alone! My other half earnt so little that she doesnt get it! and if I did get it at the begining no doubt it would all be gone by now!! I'll let ya know if it turns up in the next few days!
Old May 13th 2009, 4:35 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
We haven't got it and are eligible.
They are apparently sending out the cheques by postcodes. 3 lots of my neighbours haven't got their bonus yet, neither have we.

I vaguely recall you saying where you lived and it is close to me so maybe they haven't got round to us yet
Old May 13th 2009, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

We are still waiting.
Old May 13th 2009, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

I think they have listened to the retailers who have sold out of plasma and LCD screens and are holding back the latest payments until stocks have increased and thus, when you do receive it, you can go straight into a shop and have a good choice of models to choose.

Which is jolly nice of them.
Old May 13th 2009, 5:23 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I haven't got the bonus, but then that would probably be because neither of us are going to.

My husband makes too much, so no bonus.
I made under $1k last year (interest from bank account) so did not pay tax, therefore I won't get it.

It sucks, especially considering if we were both working and had the same combined salary as we do now we'd have 2 bonus cheques. But with one high income neither of us get it.
Old May 13th 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I got a letter in post last week, wasnt expecting it at all, didnt know anything about it then I went and checked the bank account and the money had already been paid in, nice !
Old May 13th 2009, 5:28 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
It sucks, especially considering if we were both working and had the same combined salary as we do now we'd have 2 bonus cheques. But with one high income neither of us get it.
But on the flipside - if you were both working and earning the same combined salary, then you would not be enjoying anywhere near as good a lifestyle as you are now.... at the moment you can stay at home and look after children whilst your partner may work e.g. 40hrs a week. But others who earn the same combined salary might be working 40+40 = 80hrs, and also might be spending money on childcare.

(just playing devil's advocate.)

edit - another way of putting it might be : would you rather both be working to get the same income and the stimulus payments...or instead are you happier with the current setup?
Old May 13th 2009, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
I haven't got the bonus, but then that would probably be because neither of us are going to.

My husband makes too much, so no bonus.
I made under $1k last year (interest from bank account) so did not pay tax, therefore I won't get it.

Lo . . . in the distance . . . the sound of a very small fiddle . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.