Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else noticed the new 'trend'?

Anyone else noticed the new 'trend'?

Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:20 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else noticed the new 'trend'?

Originally Posted by Wendy
Mate, it's so laid back here they are horizantal
you want horizontal try north qld
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
you want horizontal try north qld

Aye, I've heard.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future

We could only get over here because of State Nomination, it was either Adelaide or Hobart at the time. If the points hadn't of gone up we would have gone to Brissy. It is a good stepping stone though.

House prices are rising in Adelaide too, we live on a large estate where the
houses have doubled in price in the last 3 years. People are being priced out of the market and are having to look in not so popular areas.
The cost of living isn't cheaper than other states either, this info has also came from an aussie that lived in Sydney, who also remarked on how mad the drivers are here compared to Sydney.
The stamp duty is also more expensive here than other states.
Being a smaller population, the job opportunities aren't as abundant as larger cities.
If you like laid back, you will be well away here. Just think Cornwall and this sums the place up.
Being close to the sea is about the best thing for me.

Julie
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

SSSSSHHHHHH !!

Can you lot keep it down? I have moles living in and around Adelaide who say the house prices are creeping up. Don't want to see another "Perth type" price explosion. (Not 'til I'm there and owning a home, anyway!!)

So, for anyone who's unsure....

GO TO PERTH. GO TO PERTH. GO TO PERTH. GO TO PERTH.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

StopDreamingStartDoing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunnyj
We could only get over here because of State Nomination, it was either Adelaide or Hobart at the time. If the points hadn't of gone up we would have gone to Brissy. It is a good stepping stone though.

House prices are rising in Adelaide too, we live on a large estate where the
houses have doubled in price in the last 3 years. People are being priced out of the market and are having to look in not so popular areas.
The cost of living isn't cheaper than other states either, this info has also came from an aussie that lived in Sydney, who also remarked on how mad the drivers are here compared to Sydney.
The stamp duty is also more expensive here than other states.
Being a smaller population, the job opportunities aren't as abundant as larger cities.
If you like laid back, you will be well away here. Just think Cornwall and this sums the place up.
Being close to the sea is about the best thing for me.

Julie
This is worrying me now, by the time I get my application sorted (just started sorting TRA) I won't be able to afford to live anywhere.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tofster
SSSSSHHHHHH !!

Can you lot keep it down? I have moles living in and around Adelaide who say the house prices are creeping up. Don't want to see another "Perth type" price explosion. (Not 'til I'm there and owning a home, anyway!!)

So, for anyone who's unsure....

GO TO PERTH. GO TO PERTH. GO TO PERTH. GO TO PERTH.

Hey, I've just bought a house, I'd like nothing better than to see the house prices double over the next year

But I'll wait for you to get here if you like
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:21 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

Having lived here for couple of months, I will never advice anyone to move to Perth / WA unless they do not have any other place to live. Especially if they have kids. It is not fair for the kids.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bru
Having lived here for couple of months, I will never advice anyone to move to Perth / WA unless they do not have any other place to live. Especially if they have kids. It is not fair for the kids.
How ridiculous, along with everything else you have posted this evening.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:29 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

we are still looking at tasmania ... stni visa...

south australia versus tasmania........poor old tas never got a mention on "wanted down under"

love to hear !!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:52 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
How ridiculous, along with everything else you have posted this evening.
What I have said is my opinion. Sorry if you have taken it this way. Bottom line is, we moved here for a better life and so far nothing has worked for us other than my job. I feel very bad for my wife who has now gone for over 20 interviews without any luck!!! I am very worried that she will get home-sick all day home.. nothing to do.. alone... getting rejected from companies..
Even she does not want to go for any interviews anymore.
We lived in a rented condo in Thailand and now living in a rented house and we have to return this house in April. So far, no luck with any rental property. I think I am one of the migrants who counted days to migrate here.. but now! Sorry.. Perth has really disappointed us so far..
That is why I shared my story with the people who asked about Perth coz for some reason, they are getting only one side of the story for some reason.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:55 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinner-dash

south australia versus tasmania........poor old tas never got a mention on "wanted down under"

love to hear !!
We want house prices to stay low well at least til September time anyway.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bru
What I have said is my opinion. Sorry if you have taken it this way. Bottom line is, we moved here for a better life and so far nothing has worked for us other than my job. I feel very bad for my wife who has now gone for over 20 interviews without any luck!!! I am very worried that she will get home-sick all day home.. nothing to do.. alone... getting rejected from companies..
Even she does not want to go for any interviews anymore.
We lived in a rented condo in Thailand and now living in a rented house and we have to return this house in April. So far, no luck with any rental property. I think I am one of the migrants who counted days to migrate here.. but now! Sorry.. Perth has really disappointed us so far..
That is why I shared my story with the people who asked about Perth coz for some reason, they are getting only one side of the story for some reason.
I agree you seem to be having a hard time and for that I sympathise. You are also right in saying its your opinion. However your statement about bringing kids here is ridiculous in MY opinion.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Everyone wants to come to Adelaide cos I'm here
yep, am seriously changing my mind to Adelaide, coz wendy has a pool
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinner-dash

love to hear !!
here's hoping Tassie remains a secret-life here is sooooo laid back in Slowbart!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I agree you seem to be having a hard time and for that I sympathise. You are also right in saying its your opinion. However your statement about bringing kids here is ridiculous in MY opinion.
Agree. This place is perfect for kids. There are few places better IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.