Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else notice all the US sailors in Perth?

Anyone else notice all the US sailors in Perth?

Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone else notice all the US sailors in Perth?

Apparently the USS Kittyhawk is in town.

Their super duper radar is ****ing up one of the UWAs wireless networks.

There were also a lot of skanky looking women hanging around these sailors, I'm guessing they are prossies. They were bloody rough though.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:09 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else notice all the US sailors in Perth?

Originally Posted by renth

There were also a lot of skanky looking women hanging around these sailors, I'm guessing they are prossies. They were bloody rough though.
LOL - I know we had a bit of trouble in Portsmouth last year (I think) with a US ship - they are not allowed drink on their ships so they make up for it when ashore. I would avoid the pubs for the next few days.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:12 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Who, the sailors or the women?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Who, the sailors or the women?
Far cry from Richard Gere me thinks
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a very funny story about the American fleet visiting Melbourne. Probably best told in person.... However I'll try, One of our male posties of dubious sexual preference, turned up on night shift,pissed as a newt, with two 6 foot plus male negro sailors in tow.... just to show what he had "brought home" much to his work mates amusement. He didnt come back to work for a week, and he was still walking oddly then
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

Are you sure those skanky things were actually women?

I mean come on, these guys do wear bellbottoms and look like they are about to burst into song at any moment!
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amanda34

I mean come on, these guys do wear bellbottoms and look like they are about to burst into song at any moment!
It's funny there were so many of them in downtown Perth. You could tell what they were thinking "where the **** are the bars?" (or indeed any source of fun) - at the station I noticed a few had managed to locate Northbridge.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:33 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny there were so many of them in downtown Perth. You could tell what they were thinking "where the **** are the bars?" (or indeed any source of fun) - at the station I noticed a few had managed to locate Northbridge.
I bet Perth is just waiting for the fights to start.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:36 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

In the Navy.......

You can take it up the ..... in the navy...
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thebears
In the Navy.......

You can take it up the ..... in the navy...

Oh I remember chatting to a very handsome, albeit rather too well dressed guy in a bar one night a few years ago........imagine how fast I had to get away when I found out that not only was he in the Navy, he was also a Navy bloody chef!!!

I mean I know Stephen Seagal carried it off, but bellbottoms AND a spatula....scary.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:38 am
(It's not my real name)

I bet Perth is just waiting for the fights to start.
You don't need US sailors to make the fights start in Northbridge on a Friday night
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:43 am

You don't need US sailors to make the fights start in Northbridge on a Friday night
So you reckon it could get very lively then?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:44 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I remember chatting to a very handsome, albeit rather too well dressed guy in a bar one night a few years ago........imagine how fast I had to get away when I found out that not only was he in the Navy, he was also a Navy bloody chef!!!

I mean I know Stephen Seagal carried it off, but bellbottoms AND a spatula....scary.
A flatmate (canadian) in Brighton used to date the navy. Okay not the whole Navy just a few frigates and maybe the odd warship
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:45 am
(It's not my real name)

So you reckon it could get very lively then?
Deffo, Northbridge can get very unsavoury later on. Some nasty things happen there. People firing guns in nightclubs, people attacking each other with meat cleavers.

Oh sorry, is this turning in to another negative Perth thread?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:47 am

Deffo, Northbridge can get very unsavoury later on. Some nasty things happen there. People firing guns in nightclubs, people attacking each other with meat cleavers.

Oh sorry, is this turning in to another negative Perth thread?
Nah, thought you were describing Beruit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.