Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else new to this?

Anyone else new to this?

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

TheGreenz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Anyone else new to this?

Hi there, just wanted to speak to anyone else who is just starting out on their application, we are currently waiting for our paperwork from Oz to do skills assesment. I feel like a sponge just want to soak up as much information as I can, i'm trying not to think about it all day everyday but I can't help it! I know it's such a long way off before we will know one way or the other but I just want to be prepared. Just wondered if anyone else feels the same or am I just going insane!! :scared:
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:53 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone else new to this?

Originally Posted by TheGreenz
Hi there, just wanted to speak to anyone else who is just starting out on their application, we are currently waiting for our paperwork from Oz to do skills assesment. I feel like a sponge just want to soak up as much information as I can, i'm trying not to think about it all day everyday but I can't help it! I know it's such a long way off before we will know one way or the other but I just want to be prepared. Just wondered if anyone else feels the same or am I just going insane!! :scared:
Welcome to the lunatic asylum called Immigration If you think you're going insane now, just wait until you are waiting for your visa :scared:
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:54 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

No, no, you're perfectly normal - well, at least on this forum anyway!! The whole process is guaranteed to send you completely mad and drive you round the bend with frustration. Be prepared to get completely obsessed with the forum, checking other peoples progress, checking emails to see if anything has come through from DIMIA - all completely normal!!! Welcome to the forum!!

Nicky
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Just wondered if anyone else feels the same or am I just going insane!! :scared:
Good luck!

Been lurking a while, trying to soak up information - and I've not even started yet.

I'll be trying for general skilled migration as my occupation is on the SOL.

I don't have anything in the way of education certifications beyond secondary school so I'm relying on my work experience having been at my current place for 7.5 years and worked for about 7 years in 3 other jobs before this one.

To use an agency or not to use an agency. I've seen others here say that agencies are useful if employment history is "patchy" - but what constitutes patchy I wonder

Anyways, enough of me hogging your thread! Good luck again!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

hi and welcome
we are at the beginning we have just sent of our TRA and it true what they say the waiting does your head in............ but stick with it and soon you to could be obsessed with paperwork and waiting for replies....

good luck

Denise Peter and Family
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:30 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to ...

Enjoy the ride ...

Three Legs

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

nicoak will become famous soon enough

Have been viewing for quite some time, but have only just started posting. Skills assessment was done in March 05, took 6 weeks. Have just lodged main application this week via agents. Good luck with everything.
Nicoak
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

TheGreenz is an unknown quantity at this point

We are using an Agent, they have been fabulous and everything including a face to face 90 minute interview for Q&A and a skill assesment to check out our eligibility by an australian agent has been free! and they are at the end of a phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week and you get a voice at the end of the phone not a machine!, can't recommend them highly enough!
There website is www.thinkingaustralia.com.
Feels like your speaking to a friend not someone who is just thinking ofthe money!

Last edited by TheGreenz; Aug 3rd 2005 at 9:39 am. Reason: missed information out!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

No, you are not going insane...
We are in the same boat as you, just starting out.

Steve & Lynn
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:30 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Greenz

Just sent you a PM as we are using Thinking Australia too!

Yes, you will be insane by the end of it, I check and recheck this forum and timeline to see if anyone has had any progress. Every morning I wake up and check my emails thinking "have our police checks been requested?"

You can borrow my padded cell and straight jacket when I'm done with them!