Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else "lost Interest" in UK life?

Anyone else "lost Interest" in UK life?

Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:57 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone else "lost Interest" in UK life?

New to the site.(and ADDICTED) :scared: Just started the Immi process - but I've totally lost interest in my life here.
Every waking moment, I'm a) on this site! b) reading books on Aus c) dreaming about Aus d) decorating or declutterin so I'll get a better price for house e) E Mailing anyone who has any remote connection with Aus f) boring family about Aus g) making plans for the NW meet on Saturday h) mentally working out all the things I need to do i) deciding I'm not doing Christmas Shoppin this year everyone is gettin vouchers! - cos I'll be too busy doing all of the above!!! :scared:

I feel like my body has been hijacked and I feel constantly excited!!! One minute high as a kite....the next really down. ..thinking what if it doesnt work out!!!

Anyone else feel the same?

Must go - I'm tidying up. Estate agent coming round to value the house! Then a friend from Sydney ( I say friend - didn't know her til 2 weeks ago- but I do now! She's phonin me at 9am!)

SEE WOT I MEAN !!!!!! IT takes over yer life.

LINSEY xx
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:09 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone else "lost Interest" in UK life?

I was like that to start with but once the initial excitement wears off and you are just constantly waiting for news you'll soon find the UK interesting again!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:14 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
New to the site.(and ADDICTED) :scared: Just started the Immi process - but I've totally lost interest in my life here.
Every waking moment, I'm a) on this site! b) reading books on Aus c) dreaming about Aus d) decorating or declutterin so I'll get a better price for house e) E Mailing anyone who has any remote connection with Aus f) boring family about Aus g) making plans for the NW meet on Saturday h) mentally working out all the things I need to do i) deciding I'm not doing Christmas Shoppin this year everyone is gettin vouchers! - cos I'll be too busy doing all of the above!!! :scared:

I feel like my body has been hijacked and I feel constantly excited!!! One minute high as a kite....the next really down. ..thinking what if it doesnt work out!!!

Must go - I'm tidying up. Estate agent coming round to value the house! Then a friend from Sydney ( I say friend - didn't know her til 2 weeks ago- but I do now! She's phonin me at 9am!)

LINSEY xx

im past that stage - ive now lost all interest in Australia and resent this whole process
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:16 am
kusadasi

kusadasi is an unknown quantity at this point

lost interest ten years ago.
sold up everything. got a coulpe of suitcases and got out.
was difficult at first but learnt how to live a new life.
not bad at the age of 40.and only been out of the uk on holiday abroad before.
there is a future and a different life out there.
you just have to make a desicion and go for it.
would i go back?
not in a month of sundays.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:19 am
Just Joined

Pinkfrog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
I was like that to start with but once the initial excitement wears off and you are just constantly waiting for news you'll soon find the UK interesting again!
Hi

At first it was like that, then we got our Visa!!! we now only have 6 weeks until our flight (7th Sept).

There is no time left !!
Its all happend too soon : :scared:

Where are you heading when you get to OZ we are going to Melbourne (mornington)

Have fun while you still have time,

Moo
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

John has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond repute

See here :-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316213
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Rooksie
im past that stage - ive now lost all interest in Australia and resent this whole process
I've not lost interest in Australia but I agree about the resentment...
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Pip+And is an unknown quantity at this point

New to the forum, but this is a great idea!

We've got just under 6 weeks til we leave for Oz and the time seems to be racing by now!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:18 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

I've not lost interest in Australia but I agree about the resentment...
Just out of interest.... why do you resent it?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Soi Oz
Just out of interest.... why do you resent it?
the thing I resent about it is all the money you pay to apply for a visa and there is no consistency with waiting times, you're not allowed to contact anyone to find out what's going on. it's just the not knowing that drives me nuts. even if they said "you wont hear anything until november" at least that would be better than the constant hanging on and wondering what's happening.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:29 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

the thing I resent about it is all the money you pay to apply for a visa and there is no consistency with waiting times, you're not allowed to contact anyone to find out what's going on. it's just the not knowing that drives me nuts. even if they said "you wont hear anything until november" at least that would be better than the constant hanging on and wondering what's happening.

She gets like this every day. She hasn't had her medicine today sorry people. Come on Bridiej drink up...

Is that better?
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else "lost Interest" in UK life?-202834.jpg  
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

LINSEY xx
Welcome to the can't wait, must wait, know whats going on, don't know whats going on, one more day, one more week, one more month oh bugger it club. That's my wife's feelings taken care of anyway - me i just want to wake up and find its september 2007 and i'm living in oz. Right that's me off to build a time machine, shouldn't take too much time or money, i've got an agent helping me!!??
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
She gets like this every day. She hasn't had her medicine today sorry people. Come on Bridiej drink up...

Is that better?
That's better........ hic............
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:01 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus

Is that better?
LOL

I may start moaning on here soon as i've noticed that those that do get their visa about a week or 2 later , keep it up B1
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:03 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

LINSEY xx
Yep to every single thing above, only we're going to New Zealand. It consumes you doesn't it? One minute you're flying, the next you're worried sick. Every single thing you do is aimed on that goal. I wonder how many migrants get ill a month or so after they've landed and all the drama has stopped? It's got to be a shock to the system hasn't it!

Good luck with the estate agent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.