Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Old May 27th 2008, 6:29 pm
ann
Forum Regular

ann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Just wondering if anyone else is leaving the UK for Adelaide in June.

We leave Heathrow on 15th June at 18.30pm with Singapore Airlines anyone else on this flight or going in June?
Good luck, you very lucky lucky people
Old May 27th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mitra and Ahura is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevscotoz
Yep, we arrive in Adelaide 10th June after having 3 night stop in Hong Kong.
2nd time around 4 us - we went in Jan & came back 2 months later! - now going back again
May I ask why you left and then decided to go back?
Old May 27th 2008, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

JP100UK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mitra and Ahura
May I ask why you left and then decided to go back?
We have the removals coming to pack up our house tomorrow. Getting a bit stressed, but it will be worth it. Spending next two weeks visiting family, probably be more stressfull than packing. Anyone else at the point of had enough now and just wanting to get on that plane.

For all those flying on the 15th will have to post nearer to the time, to let us know what time you are getting to Heathrow.

Julie
Old May 27th 2008, 9:01 pm
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

It's forecast to be 19 degrees today but it drops quite a bit at night and can feel chillier than it sounds! It's been raining this weekend but we're all really grateful as gardens and farmers really need the rain and bonkers as it sounds, you'll learn to love the rain too

Mitra - are you looking for cheap accommodation or easy? I ask because we stayed in the Grand Apartments on Melbourne St when we arrived - not cheap but fully furnished and bills/internet included plus really handy position for getting to know the city. If you want details just PM me.

As for bank transfers, we moved our money with Moneycorp and they were excellent - I believe they get better rates than the banks on your exchange too. We're with HSBC now but it wasn't easy from the UK end - ended up signing up as Premier customers and it becomes a totally different bank then.....

Good luck guys, as Kat says let us know if there's anything specific.
Old May 27th 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mitra and Ahura is an unknown quantity at this point

For all those flying on the 15th will have to post nearer to the time, to let us know what time you are getting to Heathrow.

Sounds like a plan. Isnt it funny how so many of us are going to Adelaide on the 15th?!

Thanks for the info Pinkie. It sounds like the weather in Adelaide now is just like the weather in the UK at the moment!

I will look into moneycorp.
Old May 27th 2008, 10:24 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

It is, but its coming into winter here and ment to be coming into summer there....

[I]

Thanks for the info Pinkie. It sounds like the weather in Adelaide now is just like the weather in the UK at the moment!

I will look into moneycorp.
Old May 27th 2008, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JP100UK
We have the removals coming to pack up our house tomorrow. Getting a bit stressed, but it will be worth it. Spending next two weeks visiting family, probably be more stressfull than packing. Anyone else at the point of had enough now and just wanting to get on that plane.

Julie
Hey Princess, getting excited? we cant wait to see you this end I will be the idiot at the airport bubbling all over the place, cant belive a year has gone by so quick. Get yourselves ready for some huge hugs when you land Days to do getting few
Old May 29th 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

luula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really nice

We've got Seven Seas coming in the morning to collect our 19 boxes... just searching for all the last few empty spaces to stuff in the last bits! Then Saturday night we've got our farewell doo at the local pub fancydress/ karoake cant wait!!)

Then fly next Sunday 8/6... cant wait to get on the plane, what a rollercoaster. SOOOO excited that its finally here after months and months of planning and waiting and packing and lists after list... we're actually nearly in our final week.

Cheers to all others on this thread, look forwards to maybe meeting afew of you on the other side!

xx
Old May 29th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by luula
We've got Seven Seas coming in the morning to collect our 19 boxes... just searching for all the last few empty spaces to stuff in the last bits! Then Saturday night we've got our farewell doo at the local pub fancydress/ karoake cant wait!!)

Then fly next Sunday 8/6... cant wait to get on the plane, what a rollercoaster. SOOOO excited that its finally here after months and months of planning and waiting and packing and lists after list... we're actually nearly in our final week.

Cheers to all others on this thread, look forwards to maybe meeting afew of you on the other side!

xx
Must be a great feeling Luula!!! Have a great farewell party, what are you dressing as? Is there a theme?
Can't wait until we're 10 days away from flying, only 13 more weeks to wait
Old May 29th 2008, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

We also have never been to Adelaide before so are very excited and curoius at whats to come although I am a bit worried that we are yet to find temp accomodation. I am googling like crazy at work! If anyone knows of anything please let us know.

my last day at work is wednesday next week, then I have to think about all that we have to do before we go. have you all sorted out bank transfers? Is HSBC the best bank to use?

We should def all try and find a time to meet, am sure we wil message each other closer to the time.

Kat, It will be good to know the temp at the moment as It will be handy to know what to wear when i step off the plane!
Make sure you are carrying a jumper or coat, especially if you are arriving in the morning as it's a bit nippy at that time of day.

We used http://www.ukforex.co.uk/ to transfer our money
Old May 30th 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

luula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rach25
Must be a great feeling Luula!!! Have a great farewell party, what are you dressing as? Is there a theme?
Can't wait until we're 10 days away from flying, only 13 more weeks to wait

Well boxes have gone and all of a sudden it seems like a huge relief!!

I'm dressing as Felicity Shagwell from Austin Powers and OH is Steve Urwin (with huge orange croc!!) There's no theme just the funnier the better!

Believe me.. that 13 wks will absolutely fly by, I remember when we had 11 wks to go and I was saying how slowly it was passing. Now I dont where it went so quickly!!

xx
Old May 30th 2008, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by luula
Well boxes have gone and all of a sudden it seems like a huge relief!!

I'm dressing as Felicity Shagwell from Austin Powers and OH is Steve Urwin (with huge orange croc!!) There's no theme just the funnier the better!

Believe me.. that 13 wks will absolutely fly by, I remember when we had 11 wks to go and I was saying how slowly it was passing. Now I dont where it went so quickly!!

xx
Have a great farewell party, got ours next week will have to remember my tissues.

Have a great flight and hope to catch up with you on the other side

Nicky
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Well to all of you that are also flying on 15th June - Not long to go

How are you all feeling? , we have packed and repacked trying to get our luggage allowance down, we think we should be ok -providing the scales are ok.

Anyway are we still going to try and meet up at Heathrow?

Keep us posted and happy packing

Nicky
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to everyone whose flying out in a few days...keep us posted when you arrive!!

Can't rememeber if I posted or not, but we've booked our flights for 24th November, so still away to go but when I look at all the things that need sorting, not long enough perhaps!!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

JP100UK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Well to all of you that are also flying on 15th June - Not long to go

How are you all feeling? , we have packed and repacked trying to get our luggage allowance down, we think we should be ok -providing the scales are ok.

Anyway are we still going to try and meet up at Heathrow?

Keep us posted and happy packing

Nicky
Nicky and Mitra (and anyone else flying Sunday evening (15th June)

What time you getting to Heathrow on Sunday???? I think we are aiming to get there for about 1700hrs. Let me know. Pooping my pants now the day is nearly upon us.

Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.