British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-else-leaving-adelaide-june-528553/)

Katsmajics other half !!! Apr 12th 2008 3:25 pm

Re: Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

thats what i like to hear mmmmm:D:D
it can rain lots at night :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by mr mover (Post 6197742)
I think we will get a fairly mild winter this year, going on experience, 20deg temps in Autum.
The mullet[fish] run is early this year which means the gulf water is still warm , the soursobs are already shooting ,with the minimal rain we have had, so all you newbies should have a great intro to South Aussie life ...........mm;)

kjc79 Apr 12th 2008 10:54 pm

we a heading to Adelaide on june 11th manchester via singapore:thumbsup:
its not sunk in yet though but maybe after monday when the shippers have taken my couches and im sitting on the floor it might LOL x

kath x
:D

ozzieclare2b Apr 12th 2008 10:59 pm

we are booking flights for 30th june tomorrow :thumbsup:

kjc79 Apr 12th 2008 11:07 pm

ps shouldnt you be doing some working anyhoo?? LOLx only a few weeks to go now hun. :thumbsup:

k x

Ozzy Fever Apr 14th 2008 11:03 am

Good to see a few of us heading over to Adelaide - Lets hope that we get some nice weather when we arrive - and it would be great to all have a meet up when we get settled.

Novocastria Apr 14th 2008 11:20 am

:)

Hi guys, jsut wondering where everyone who is either in or soon to be in Adelaide is going to be living?

we have only jsut started researching areas but not sure where the "nice" ones are! Any ideas?

You lucky people who are flying out there soon..... will be a couple of years for us I think! :blink:

ozzieclare2b Apr 14th 2008 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastria (Post 6205861)

Hi guys, jsut wondering where everyone who is either in or soon to be in Adelaide is going to be living?

we have only jsut started researching areas but not sure where the "nice" ones are! Any ideas?

You lucky people who are flying out there soon..... will be a couple of years for us I think! :blink:

hi we are not sure yet but definetly south of cbd , my cousin is trying to sort out a rental for us x

Novocastria Apr 14th 2008 12:23 pm

I see! WE looked at houses ( part of research) in Murray Bridge but I guess that is too far out, was an hour or so on the highway!

ozzieclare2b Apr 14th 2008 12:25 pm

my cousin said theres lots of building going on in seaford not far from where my uncle lives and in bad traffic it can take 45 mins to get to cbd. So we may look around there as i would love to be near the coast:thumbsup:

Ozzy Fever Apr 14th 2008 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastria (Post 6205861)

Hi we are hopefully heading to the south of Adelaide, just trying to sort out a rental

Novocastria Apr 14th 2008 12:30 pm

I guess we will jsut have to keep looking! :-) why did you all pick Adelaide?
we are still not 100% but its the favourite so far

ozzieclare2b Apr 14th 2008 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever (Post 6206255)
Hi we are hopefully heading to the south of Adelaide, just trying to sort out a rental

Just been speaking to my cousin about holiday lets and she thinks $600 a week is way too much for a holiday let, so shes going to try find one for us when we get there we will look for longer term rental. But the holiday lets all seem to be around this price will just have to see.

Novo we chose Adelaide as we have family there and also its more a big town feel than a city and plenty of stuff going on for us x

Sham Williams Apr 14th 2008 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 6196023)
They put an order in for sunshine, so I've made sure that it's gonna go back up to 24/25 for the end of the week. ;):D

Blimey Wendy your reputation is true!!

Any chance you can take that a few degrees higher would love another weekend of swimming in the Pool, before the neighbours really do think we are Craaaaazzzzzzeeeeeeeyyyy Englleeeeeshhh People!! :thumbsup:

mr mover Apr 14th 2008 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!! (Post 6198552)
thats what i like to hear mmmmm:D:D
it can rain lots at night :thumbsup:

Still getting Tomatoes off the vine in April ,a very mild year coming up......mm;)

Ozzy Fever Apr 14th 2008 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by mr mover (Post 6206596)
Still getting Tomatoes off the vine in April ,a very mild year coming up......mm;)

Really hope you are right mr mover as my winter clothes are in the container and that does not arrive until after us