Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

mark2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone else leaving for Adelaide in June

[QUOTE=Ozzy Fever;6481469]We have arrived in Adelaide, first impressions are good, but its cold. Will post more when I have had some sleep.

Nicky[/QUOTE

Hi all, we are stil in singapore enjoying ourselves, its soo hot flying to sydney in morning for few days. Cant believe we finally gonna be in oz tomorrow at last
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
We have arrived in Adelaide, first impressions are good, but its cold. Will post more when I have had some sleep.

Nicky
Yay well done for making it - when you get a min do give an update for those of us leaving in next week or so, its really exciting.

We are wondering what to wear to travel in, 8 hour stop off in hot hot hot singapore then chilly adelaide

Enjoy your sleep!!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

We have arrived in Adelaide, first impressions are good, but its cold. Will post more when I have had some sleep.

Nicky
Welcome to Adelaide

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
cold? how cold hun?
COLD!!

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Yay well done for making it - when you get a min do give an update for those of us leaving in next week or so, its really exciting.

We are wondering what to wear to travel in, 8 hour stop off in hot hot hot singapore then chilly adelaide

Enjoy your sleep!!
I would carry a coat in your hand luggage - not a really big one, but a warm one all the same. It's pretty cold first thing in the morning and after sun down, and some days are a bit colder than others especially if it's cloudy.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 2:16 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=mark2;6481739]

Nicky[/QUOTE

Hi all, we are stil in singapore enjoying ourselves, its soo hot flying to sydney in morning for few days. Cant believe we finally gonna be in oz tomorrow at last
hope your all having fun , have a great time in sydney and see you soon
Old Jun 21st 2008, 5:56 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Adelaide those guys who are here

Good luck to those in transit and enjoy the last few days with your loved ones those who aint set off yet.

We have been here 2 months and are loving it !!!

It is a bit chilly now but het its winter solstice tonight so lets all start counting down the days til spring comes along.

Where bouts you all heading for in lovely SA?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

We are not sure whether heading Adelaide Hills or North East suburbs, going to wait and see when we get there if somewhere grabs us.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 10:44 am
mers

mers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nice

Enjoy your sleep!!
Hi I have just pm'd you gonnago and realised that you too have the 8 hour stopoff at Singapore so hopefully will have stopped crying by then and join you for a well earned pint and a portion of noodles!!.
Take care Andy
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:21 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

We are not sure whether heading Adelaide Hills or North East suburbs, going to wait and see when we get there if somewhere grabs us.

we thought we had decided where we wanted to settle but as it turned out we have settled in a place that we never even looked at to be honest.

We are in Seaford one street back from the beach and its great..........keep us posted of whats happeneing guys.

giz a shout if you need owt...........
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Mitra and Ahura is an unknown quantity at this point

Alo all!

Thould I would give a bit of an update of our first week in adelaide.

Its sunny here but around 16 to 18C in the day which is actually quite cool. You need a coat here but as wendy said not a massive one. I walk around with jeans and a jumper and carry my coat in my hand because sometimes i get too cold and sometimes i dont need it! darn teh confusing weather! but i like it because its winter and not freezing.

We have spent most of our time looking for an apartment. Been staying at a serviced apartment near the city which was nice but had one scary incident on 2nd night when i was getting changed in my bedroom at 1 in the morning and some random person came and banged on the window really loudly like a psycho. I screamed my head off and my OH went to find them but we saw a man run into a car and speed off! I was so scared after that and was moaning that in all my time in london nothing like that has ever happend to me. but was persuaded by OH that this is a one off and was prob kids. (or a big kid that can drive) We called police and they were very prompt which is good!

We asked to be moved to another apartment which was on on street level and since then i have felt much safer. I have to remind myself that adelaide is a very safe place and that was just a random incident. I mean the main topic on the news here is that the government has decided to plan to build a communual swimming pool here, so thats quite reassuring.

Anyway, the city is nice. There is a nice fountain near the hilton with skyscrapers around it, I belive its called Victoria square. The city is not big but a nice size with lots of Malls! One thing I have noticed here is that the food here is amazing! Much better that london (apart from in expensive restaurants obviously). There are food courts in these numerous malls and every day we have lunch in one of them. Its so easy to eat healthily here. Food is so fresh and healthy and diverse are there are immigrants here from many different countries. Everywhere u look there is gluten free/dairy free food where as in england u have to go to specalist places for such things. So if you are heath concious, this is a good place to be healthy.

Also if you are not health concious, there is kfc which tastes so much better than english kfc! and burger king is called hungry jacks because the original burger king in OZ was a stubborn bugger who refused to sell his name!

We managed to find an apartment after a week of searching which is aparently not bad as I have heard it usually takes longer. Its in the eastern suburbs in Kensington Gardens. Its meant to be a good area so hopefully no psychos banging on my bedroom window!

We also went to the beach in Glenelg which was beautiful and a nice area. Lots of cafes and palm trees. reminded me of spanish or greek holiday areas.

Its strange not knowing anyone here and sometimes feel a bit homesick but the first few days were the worst here as I was missing my family so much and my friends who all came to see me the night b4 I left and bought me a beautiful dress as a leaving present. I just hope I find somewhere to wear it here! not seen much nightlife here but went to a cinema the other night which was nice and arthousey.

Hope all the new arrrivals are settling in here. Let us know how you are getting on.

Mitra

xxxxx
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:32 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitra and Ahura
Alo all!

Its sunny here but around 16 to 18C in the day which is actually quite cool. You need a coat here but as wendy said not a massive one. I walk around with jeans and a jumper and carry my coat in my hand because sometimes i get too cold and sometimes i dont need it! darn teh confusing weather! but i like it because its winter and not freezing.

We have spent most of our time looking for an apartment. Been staying at a serviced apartment near the city which was nice but had one scary incident on 2nd night when i was getting changed in my bedroom at 1 in the morning and some random person came and banged on the window really loudly like a psycho. I screamed my head off and my OH went to find them but we saw a man run into a car and speed off! I was so scared after that and was moaning that in all my time in london nothing like that has ever happend to me. but was persuaded by OH that this is a one off and was prob kids. (or a big kid that can drive) We called police and they were very prompt which is good!

We asked to be moved to another apartment which was on on street level and since then i have felt much safer. I have to remind myself that adelaide is a very safe place and that was just a random incident. I mean the main topic on the news here is that the government has decided to plan to build a communual swimming pool here, so thats quite reassuring.

Anyway, the city is nice. There is a nice fountain near the hilton with skyscrapers around it, I belive its called Victoria square. The city is not big but a nice size with lots of Malls! One thing I have noticed here is that the food here is amazing! Much better that london (apart from in expensive restaurants obviously). There are food courts in these numerous malls and every day we have lunch in one of them. Its so easy to eat healthily here. Food is so fresh and healthy and diverse are there are immigrants here from many different countries. Everywhere u look there is gluten free/dairy free food where as in england u have to go to specalist places for such things. So if you are heath concious, this is a good place to be healthy.

Also if you are not health concious, there is kfc which tastes so much better than english kfc! and burger king is called hungry jacks because the original burger king in OZ was a stubborn bugger who refused to sell his name!

We managed to find an apartment after a week of searching which is aparently not bad as I have heard it usually takes longer. Its in the eastern suburbs in Kensington Gardens. Its meant to be a good area so hopefully no psychos banging on my bedroom window!

We also went to the beach in Glenelg which was beautiful and a nice area. Lots of cafes and palm trees. reminded me of spanish or greek holiday areas.

Its strange not knowing anyone here and sometimes feel a bit homesick but the first few days were the worst here as I was missing my family so much and my friends who all came to see me the night b4 I left and bought me a beautiful dress as a leaving present. I just hope I find somewhere to wear it here! not seen much nightlife here but went to a cinema the other night which was nice and arthousey.

Hope all the new arrrivals are settling in here. Let us know how you are getting on.

Mitra

xxxxx
Hi hun thatnks for the info. wow so glad there is gluten free stuff everywhere as i have coeliac disease and eating out in uk can be a nightmare!! We arrive nxt wednesday and are staying in henley beach so not far from yourselves. Hoping to look around the eastern burbs ourselves to begin with.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitra and Ahura
Alo all!

Mitra

xxxxx
Welcome to Adelaide

If you need anything please ask won't you. I know what it is like when you first arrive.

Hi hun thatnks for the info. wow so glad there is gluten free stuff everywhere as i have coeliac disease and eating out in uk can be a nightmare!! We arrive nxt wednesday and are staying in henley beach so not far from yourselves. Hoping to look around the eastern burbs ourselves to begin with.

Same goes to you - let me know if there is anything you need.

Except for money - I have none of that
Old Jun 27th 2008, 4:27 pm
looking for my marbles

Originally Posted by Wendy
Welcome to Adelaide

If you need anything please ask won't you. I know what it is like when you first arrive.

Same goes to you - let me know if there is anything you need.

Except for money - I have none of that

Damn was gonna tap you up for 20k
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mers
Hi I have just pm'd you gonnago and realised that you too have the 8 hour stopoff at Singapore so hopefully will have stopped crying by then and join you for a well earned pint and a portion of noodles!!.
Take care Andy
Absolutely! feels weird at this stage eh? counting down the hours instead of the days.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Damn was gonna tap you up for 20k

I have 20c if you want it
Old Jun 28th 2008, 10:30 am
looking for my marbles

well 2 days to go before we leave, gonna be harder thani imagined had lots of ters shed this week nothing prepares you for that bit!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.