Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else got this going on and How do you sort it?

Anyone else got this going on and How do you sort it?

Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone else got this going on and How do you sort it?

Just got a PM from a friend on here, saying that my name is coming up in the Chatroom. But I DONT use the chatroom, never have.

Shes offline now so I dont even know what I am supposed to have been saying? Seems it was somethng to do with "talking" to Podgey.

So whats going on now, anyone else having this problem, how can someone get my ID, I'd bet my bottom dollar they could not guess my password.

Anybody else seen this "chatting", cause it sure was not me. Oh yeah and how to get it stopped?

God somebodies really got it in for me this week
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:25 pm
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone else got this going on and How do you sort it?

Originally posted by dotty
Just got a PM from a friend on here, saying that my name is coming up in the Chatroom. But I DONT use the chatroom, never have.

Shes offline now so I dont even know what I am supposed to have been saying? Seems it was somethng to do with "talking" to Podgey.

So whats going on now, anyone else having this problem, how can someone get my ID, I'd bet my bottom dollar they could not guess my password.

Anybody else seen this "chatting", cause it sure was not me. Oh yeah and how to get it stopped?

its easy dotty all you do is type in any user name you like when you log into chat,your we all did it the other night for a laugh
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:27 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by userjay
its easy dotty all you do is type in any user name you like when you log into chat,your we all did it the other night for a laugh
who was flossie
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:27 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

:scared:

What you can log in under any username?

Thats not on
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:31 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Jack Daws

Thats not on
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Great so anyone can go in there posing as another member and stir other people up. This explains a fair bit, like why I seem to have some stalker after me for things I have supposidly said yet I know nothing about.

Look I like a laugh more than anyone, but as I have a total looney on my case at the moment could people leave my name well out of it please

I'll make this clear now too, I use this forum, thats it, no others, and I dont use chat rooms. If my names cropping up anywhere else can someone let me know, cause it aint me.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:39 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thats not on
Haven't been in the chatroom before.
How do you get there ?
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:48 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

So ive been in the chat room more times than I'VE been in the chat room :scared:

Which one of you b#st#rds was me?

Is nothing sacred on this site anymore?

Next someone will be using my body :scared:

If you are the lucky girl that get to use my used body.

Congratulation :PARTY:
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:12 pm
Banned

Come on you telling me thats not happened to you?

For those that missed it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=6

i have been in some scrapes in my time but i can honestly say iv never followed through,well at least not to that extent am crying again i love that story.i do have a m8 that s.... the bed when hes ad a few,i have to listen to his mrs moan & try & keep a straight face, and yes HE HAS A MRS
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:27 pm
WBB

Originally posted by wengerboy
perhaps you need one of these mr daws
classic.

Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:36 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty

Dotty, if I remember rightly you started off by inviting everyone to a tupperware party LOL. Then it got a bit nasty. We also had a visit from Podgy who also obviously wasnt *authentic*. I figure it took less than 5 secs to work out it wasnt either you or her & it was someone being malicious.

As someone else pointed out, you can go in under any name you want. We also had someone in there last night whos sole aim was to try to see if they could insult us & get us angry at them. Sad losers.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:39 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Trolls in the chatroom. John was saying he was going to implement a better chat client when he upgrades the web site. Hopefully the new client will have proper authentication.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:31 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Dotty - I think the incident you are talking about was the other night when I was in there and it was all happening purely for a laugh - nothing nasty was said in your name on that occasion I can assure you.

In fact I started it off as a demonstration of how it can be done ( for the record I came in as Bundy before reverting to Pollster).

I have wondered why the chat has not been more secure in terms of usernames as it could be abused by the less 'responsible' of us so it is good news that the software is to be updated.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:39 pm
Banned

It is a bit worrying

All kinds of malicous stuff can happen. And its not good for the Forum.

That was serious.

PS I now feel bad. I am the boy who cried wolf.

You know, have a laugh and then when you are serious, people still think you are having a laugh.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:41 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

The trouble is that it is OK when you know who is in there, even if they are taking other names - so i knew it was usejay, me, Bix and Podgy just mucking around because we all went in as ourselves and then started mucking around - it is when you don't know that someone has hijacked your username that it is scary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.