Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else felt like this.....

Anyone else felt like this.....

Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Anyone else felt like this.....

Woke up about 3 days ago, feeling really, really rough. Headache sore throat, clammy, aching all over, but with no 'cold'.
Today feel a bit better...managed to drag myself out of bed and into the shower at 11.45am!!Cant recall ever laying in that long. Had the shower and blowdried my hair. Then had to lie down for 10 minutes as i was absolutely exhausted. Felt like I had done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:51 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone else felt like this.....

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Woke up about 3 days ago, feeling really, really rough. Headache sore throat, clammy, aching all over, but with no 'cold'.
Today feel a bit better...managed to drag myself out of bed and into the shower at 11.45am!!Cant recall ever laying in that long. Had the shower and blowdried my hair. Then had to lie down for 10 minutes as i was absolutely exhausted. Felt like I had done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
Flu..
Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Do you think so........I always thought that you had to be much, much worse to be suffering with flu........I thought I had some sort if virus, as I had been feeling a bit run-down recently.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:02 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Do you think so........I always thought that you had to be much, much worse to be suffering with flu........I thought I had some sort if virus, as I had been feeling a bit run-down recently.
Hmmm. possible. I'm not a doctor, but the symptoms as described are exactly those of the flu. Flu would probably be the most likely of the possible viruses, as also the most common esp at this time of year.

How bad do you think you feel with the flu ? the equivalent of 15 rounds with iron mike?

A week or 10 days is tops for flu..if symptoms persist, see a doctor etc.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that Delboy!!!
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:06 am
Absinthe Minded

Thanks for that Delboy!!!
Hope you feel better soon
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:20 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I'm off from work with it myself SJ.

Not got the aching all over but avery woozy head and everything else you mention.

Think I may try to drown it tonite
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:31 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sandra!!! Long time no chat...sorry to hear you're feeling like a badgers bum

Both me and Neil have both been ill recently. Neil had it first last week. Feeling achy, tired, sore throat, and cough..then he very kindly passed it on to me last weekend in time for my birthday... I still don't feel 100%...I still have little energy and enthusiasm to much of anything. Don't think it's been anything like as bad as you sound like you've been. You're not a lay around person....you're normally a fidgetty bugger!!

Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!

Petra
Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:33 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Bix

Not got the aching all over but avery woozy head and everything else you mention.

At least with old Mike you'd have a bit of money in advertising rights etc and get to be on the telly.

Badge

Old Jun 30th 2005, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

yes feeling it too, actually managed to go shopping today!!! been taking it easy this week as felt rough since Monday, doctor said it was tonsillitis and probably a virus thats going round which wipes you out!! thought as we'd been here a year now someone was telling me to slow down

Could also be glandular fever (you need a blood test to confirm it) as that makes you feel woozy too, get well everyone
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Eldest daughter had same symptoms over the weekend and was off school Monday and Tuesday, now she's back but my other two are off with it. I suppose I'll be next...... Loads of kids off school ill with colds at the moment, children's ward in Rockingham full with pneumonia cases apparently. The winter weather may not be as cold as in England, but it appears everyone goes down with flu and colds just as much.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:03 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix

Not got the aching all over but avery woozy head

Whats new there then.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a gas heater in your room?
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:07 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Definately sounds like man flu

Get well soon !
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Did you try to drown it last night?

May be a hangover

JTL

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.