Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else encountered something similar

Anyone else encountered something similar

Old Apr 2nd 2003, 5:25 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone else encountered something similar

We are going through a major re organisation at work and are having to re apply for jobs or if your job does not exist apply for a new one.

Me and my husband both work for this company and Shami has had the opportunity of promotion. However they keep throwing up but you are going to Australia!

Fingers crossed yes we will be but not in the nearish future we only applied Nov 2002 and could be waiting rather a long time before we get the go ahead and thats assuming we do get the go ahead.

I am lucky to have been matched to my existing role so do not have to justify that I am not moving to Oz tomorrow.

You can't put your life on hold just because you have applied for Oz but in the same breath it is unfair that you are being discriminated against because you are in the process of applying.

It would not have even been a problem if the company wasn't having a re organisation.

Oh joy!!!

Fingers crossed we hear something soon and lives can get back to a form of normality

Jo

Old Apr 2nd 2003, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Similar problem

We have had a similar problem. My partner is self employed and when you tell customers of your potential plans they think you are off tomorrow.

All made the worse at the moment as work has dried up and have just had two bang out of order self assessment payments. Major skint now.

Never mind. Must look on the bright side and get visa application in post.

footie chick